• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

version 1.4 -- NewsDesk released!

moyashi

moyashi,

Is there a way to make an article be multi-pages, anywhere in your contribution where I can define the page length cutoff? I have an old article in Word format that is 10 pages long but when I place it into your fine contribution it is all one long page...

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@guanche

No, NewsDesk won't do that. hmmm ... a good idea for an improvement though. Any idea of what other mods can do this? hehe, I could then check out their way of doing things and save myself lot's of time.

NewsDesk(934) / FAQDesk(1106) / OrderCheck(1168) :::

@guanche

No, NewsDesk won't do that. hmmm ... a good idea for an improvement though. Any idea of what other mods can do this? hehe, I could then check out their way of doing things and save myself lot's of time.

That's too bad, I hope you can add in the ability to set the page breaks and have multi-page articles/news...I know my customers are not going to like scrolling down forever just to read the rest of my 10 pager. So only solution I have now it to cut my article way down to one page size.

A couple of things maybe you can answer for me:

1) Where it says "Displaying 1 to 1 (of 1 products)", How can I change this to show "Dispalying 1 to 1 (of 1 Articles)"- how to change products to Articles?

2) How do I get the Newdesk/Article date format to change to "March 18, 2003" instead of "Date: Tuesday 18 March, 2003" ?

For future release maybe you could have a Author Field that would give credit to the contributing author of the article in some neat format "By John Doe" like on http://www.salon.com/mwt/wire/2003/03/18/l...ncer/index.html there print and email image links are very cool as well :)

Thank you for all your hard work on this, it is coming along nicely!

@ guanche

1.) oops

add to language file ie, english.php

define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_ARTICLES', 'Displaying <b>%d</b> to <b>%d</b> (of <b>%d</b> articles)');

then in newsdesk_listings.php (catalog/includes/modules/) change

TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS

to

TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_ARTICLES'

2.) date

date is run off of osC formatting.

$insert_date = '- <i>' . tep_date_long($newsdesk_var['newsdesk_date_added']) . '</i>';

You'd have to go into (includes/functions/general.php) and change how osC does things. You might however get away with a short view if you change in (includes/modules/newsdesk.php) the above live to use "tep_date_short" instead. If that doesn't work, adding a newsdesk_date_long function to (includes/functions/newsdesk_genereal.php) then in the newsdesk.php file above call "newsdesk_date_long" instead of "tep_date_long" ... sorry but you need to work around osC rather than NewsDesk.

3.) authorship

I'm planning on doing this for v 1.5 if I can get to it.

4.) printing and sending to a friend

Were something that I wanted to add to v1.4 but ... I just don't have enough hours in a day. Hopefully, v1.5 ... but v1.5 is going to be something a little unexpected for all of you hopefully :D

I hope that I've been helpful :roll:

Hi all again,

I have a little question:

when showing all the articles in a category "newsdesk_index.php", the breadcrumb show the categrory name, and that is fine.

When clicking on an article, and the "newsdesk_info.php" will show the whole article, the breadcrumb will not show the name under which that article is on...

My question is: How do I show that article category name in the breadcrumb?

Thanks for your help

Salvo

@ can't upload

hmmm, check the permissions on the image directory ... what is the exact error that you are getting?

@ breadcrumb

that was a miss on my part. I hadn't realized until recently that the breadcrumb wasn't coded for the particular article.

solution ... wait for 1.5 or wait till I or someone else get's around to doing it.

I'm a bit busy working on another mod that will combine nicely (hopefully) with NewsDesk. I'm aiming for a total of 3 mods combined in 1 major contrib. I just need to speed some time in a corner to code.

Cheers

Hi!

I am an the midst of installing the Newsdesk program. I got the same error that people had in the beginning of this conversation. Reffering to the zipping problem.

My question might be very simple to those of you who have dealed with .tar files...But how does one extract the files in windows? I tried using winzip and it worked just like uncompressing a .zip file. But I still have the errors:

Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_STRING' or `T_VARIABLE' or `T_NUM_STRING' in /home/crs/newsdesk_index.php on line 185

I tried to find tutorials on how to unarchive a .tar file but none sounds very simple. I would appreciate if someone would offer me some expert advice! :D

Does anyone know how one could implement the Newsdesk into a Javascript News scroller. i.e I would like to have a news scroller that automatically extracts the 5 top headlines and puts a link to each respective news article.

I found a web site that might work like this?:

http://www.iplanit.tv/iopen24/catalog/default.php

Okey, I fixed that "Parse error"! I appologize for posting a question that really had been answered already.

People like me new to php and working with a databases have a difficult time seeing the code as people who continuously work with code. I think this is why there are a lot of "double" posting. I read through all of these posts many times but couldn't find right or wrong. Now that I have fixed the problem everything is fully clear!

I'd still be interested though to see if someone has implemented a javascript news scroller that extracts the headlines from the NewsDesk database...If anyone has a clue...please let me know. Thank you very much!

@ newscroller

hehe ask the person for the code and either post it back for us or have that person email with it and I'll see what can be done. That site is using NewsDesk :D

@ newbie

I know what it's like to be a newbie (I was one for close to 2 years).

Hi there,

I am fairly new to the world of OsCommerce, and am wondering if someone can help me with a problem I can't seem to overcome on my own.

When I choose a feature from the html bar (eg glow text) it never appears (only the word 'TEXT' appears) when I view it later. Same goes for most of the other effects. I have double checked my installation and all seems fine to me. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I now often get fatal errors (linked up to mshtml.dll) when attempting to post new articles.

I am using the MS2.2 release and have not installed the Loaded files.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I should be looking for? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Adam

ukguy: I discovered that I can't get the glow effect either. There are a few other effects I can't get to work as well. Text color, size, shadow color etc. But I don't really care for those feautures anyway...

When you click any of those buttons you will get an insert with a opening tag and a closing tag that encloses the default word TEXT. You need to delete TEXT and then add your own content in the place of "TEXT". Don't know if you knew this?...thought I'd mention just in case. I haven't gotten any fatal errors...and I probably would be able to guide you should I have had problems. PROGRAMMERS, PLEASE HELP ukguy! :)

In regards to myformer post:

I'd still be interested though to see if someone has implemented a javascript news scroller that extracts the headlines from the NewsDesk database...If anyone has a clue...please let me know. Thank you very much!

I have now contacted iPLANIT so we'll see how it goes...I was trying solve my news scroller problem with some success. But I decided to wait for advice. Basically I was able to on my own add a newscroller marque that extracted the headlines of my news items...BUT WITH NO LINKS!

I noticed a contribution script that probably could be implemented. The "Scrolling" Best Seller Box at: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,887

but I am not exactly sure how I should change the database query command???

This is the script code:

<?php

/*

Id: best_sellers.php,v 1.0 2002/11/22

Written by Tony Alanis [email protected]

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

?>

<!-- best_sellers //-->

<?php

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left', 'text' => sprintf(TABLE_HEADING_BEST_SELLERS, strftime('%B')));

new contentBoxHeading($info_box_contents);

if ($cPath) {

$best_sellers_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_ordered from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_ordered > 0 and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and (c.categories_id = '" . $current_category_id . "' OR c.parent_id = '" . $current_category_id . "') order by p.products_ordered DESC, pd.products_name limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_BESTSELLERS);

} else {

$best_sellers_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_ordered from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_ordered > 0 and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by p.products_ordered DESC, pd.products_name limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_BESTSELLERS);

}

$row = 0;

$col = 0;

while ($best_sellers = tep_db_fetch_array($best_sellers_query)) {

$best_sellers['products_name'] = tep_get_products_name($best_sellers['products_id']);

$info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => 'left',

'params' => 'class="main" width="33%" valign="top"',

'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $best_sellers['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $best_sellers['products_image'], $best_sellers['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $best_sellers['products_id']) . '">' . $best_sellers['products_name'] . '</a><br><b>' . $currencies->display_price($best_sellers['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($best_sellers['products_tax_class_id'] . '</b>')));

$col ++;

if ($col > 2) {

$col = 0;

$row ++;

}

}

new contentBox($info_box_contents);

?>

<!-- best_sellers_eof //-->

Oh, my development osCommerce site is located at the following url if someone cares to have a look:

http://www.stickytires.com/newsdesk_index....php?newsPath=10

As you can understand...I NEED THAT SCROLLER BAD!! *ha,ha*

And, by the way...I just remembered. It was nice how that "Scroller" Best Seller Box was setup to degrade in Netscape (since Netscape doesn't support the marque function).

if(strstr($HTTP_USER_AGENT,"MSIE")) 

{

$bsellers ="best_sellers1.php";

} 

else 

{

$bsellers ="best_sellers.php";

}

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . $bsellers);

Since I am restricted to an area in the header I though I could try to create a News scroller Box for Netscape users that has just an image saying click here for news. This could be linked to open up the news_index.php text....

Shoot, that was quite a long post. Hope it doesn't matter. Just had a lot on my mind...Which for the most time shouldn't be a bad thing! *ha,ha*

Hi Thomas,

hmmm, I hope that's just a test site since links are trying to point to my cache in Camino (aka chimera aka mozilla).

Design is great! except the default.php needs some work to accomodate Mozilla.

I need some more time to work on a some work for a client so it be a tad bit longer before I can look at anything for NewsDesk.

You should be able to incorporate the contrib and just call different tables and fields.

Carsten,

Yes, it is a test/under construction website. How in the world does my links point out to your server??? You are going to have to fill me in on this. Is there some sort of "connection" setting in one of those files? I definitely don't want to load your cache and would of course prefer everything to work properly.

Please advice me on what to change.

I received a reply from iPLANIT and they said they will supply me with their solution as soon as time allows them. The response was that it was a very simple solution (which I thought, but was afraid of messing it all up). I will post the solution here as soon as I receive it...

Carsten, Can you briefly say waht the problems are in Mozilla? Mozilla is Nestcape's browser (right?). Is it a problem with my layers? In order for everything to be centered...Especially the coolmenu I had to put it in a layer with the specifications:

#menu {position:absolute; width:768px; height: 20px; z-index:1000; left: 50%; top: 103px; margin-left: -384px;}

I did the same with the date and added in that layer -> align="right"

I'm guessing this could be a problem in Netscape based browsers. But I don't have a way of testing it because I only have Explorer on my computer.

I understand that you are limited on time with your other work...but if yoou would be able to give me some brief pointers or resouces I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

I'll see if I can tap some on screen pics of what I see.

pointing to my cache was pretty weird. maybe you have your site pointing to localhost or 127.0.0.1 or something similar which is causing this.

I'll see what I can do tonight.

good luck

Kevin,

You can open up that .sql file in your notepad and just remove those little square boxes. There was a post about it earlier in this discussion. It is very simple and quick. I did that without knowing hardly anything.

You see, when you use the [ ' ] contraction or an apostraphy in the sql like as follows:

Isn't

it somehow mixes up the database's ability to form the correct tables.

Well, that is my best effort to try explain your problem. I am new to this stuff as well so I appologize if I am not using the proper technical language.

If for some reason you can't get it to work...I will e-mail you my sql version. I just thought it would be better to openly post a solution on this forum so that other users may read it again. Good luck!

Carsten,

Thanks! My database configuration does point out to localhost. Should I change it? I am sharing a server on a hosting company...

But how would my files me pointing to your cache? Your server shouldn't be local to my files.

I was messing with the News Scroller today and managed to get up somewhat of a solution. I just made a newsdesk1.php (added one) file in my includes/modules folder and specified that as infoBox5...the same configuration as in the "Scroller" Bestseller infoBox. Everything works now but I think I am going to have to finetune that newsdesk1.php file a little. Basically, I know there is a lot of "extra" stuff in it since I only want the headlines to be dissplayed.

Another of my concerns is also that I would only want to dissplay the 5-10 newest news and not all of them. Who knows...in the future...I don't need any of the old news displaying in the scroller as current news.

Basically that newsdesk1.php file looks like this:

<!-- newsdesk //-->

<?php

// set application wide parameters

// this query set is for NewsDesk

$configuration_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from " . TABLE_NEWSDESK_CONFIGURATION . "");

while ($configuration = tep_db_fetch_array($configuration_query)) {

define($configuration['cfgKey'], $configuration['cfgValue']);

}

$newsdesk_var_query = tep_db_query(

'select p.newsdesk_id, pd.language_id, pd.newsdesk_article_name, pd.newsdesk_article_description, pd.newsdesk_article_shorttext, pd.newsdesk_article_url, 

p.newsdesk_image, p.newsdesk_image_two, p.newsdesk_image_three, p.newsdesk_date_added, p.newsdesk_last_modified, pd.newsdesk_article_viewed, 

p.newsdesk_date_available, p.newsdesk_status  from ' . TABLE_NEWSDESK . ' p, ' . TABLE_NEWSDESK_DESCRIPTION . ' 

pd WHERE pd.newsdesk_id = p.newsdesk_id and pd.language_id = "' . $languages_id . '" and newsdesk_status = 1 and p.newsdesk_sticky = 0 ORDER BY newsdesk_date_added DESC LIMIT ' . MAX_DISPLAY_NEWSDESK_NEWS);

if (!tep_db_num_rows($newsdesk_var_query)) { // there is no news

echo '<!-- ' . TEXT_NO_NEWSDESK_NEWS . ' -->';

} else {

$row = 0;

while ($newsdesk_var = tep_db_fetch_array($newsdesk_var_query)) {

if ( DISPLAY_NEWSDESK_IMAGE ) {

if ($newsdesk_var['newsdesk_image'] != '') {

$insert_image = '

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td>

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSDESK_INFO, 'newsdesk_id=' . $newsdesk_var['newsdesk_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 

$newsdesk_var['newsdesk_image'], '', '') . '</a>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

';

}

}

if ( DISPLAY_NEWSDESK_IMAGE_TWO ) {

if ($newsdesk_var['newsdesk_image_two'] != '') {

$insert_image_two = '

<tr>

<td>

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSDESK_INFO, 'newsdesk_id=' . $newsdesk_var['newsdesk_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 

$newsdesk_var['newsdesk_image_two'], '', '') . '</a>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

';

}

}

if ( DISPLAY_NEWSDESK_IMAGE_THREE ) {

if ($newsdesk_var['newsdesk_image_three'] != '') {

$insert_image_three = '

<tr>

<td>

$newsdesk_var['newsdesk_image_three'], '', '') . '</a>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

';

}

}

if ( DISPLAY_NEWSDESK_VIEWCOUNT ) {

$insert_viewcount = '<i>' . TEXT_NEWSDESK_VIEWED . $newsdesk_var['newsdesk_article_viewed'] . '</i>';

}

if ( DISPLAY_NEWSDESK_READMORE ) {

$insert_readmore = '<a class="smallText" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSDESK_INFO, 'newsdesk_id=' . $newsdesk_var['newsdesk_id']) . '">[' . TEXT_NEWSDESK_READMORE . 

']</a>';

}

if ( DISPLAY_NEWSDESK_SUMMARY ) {

$insert_summary = '<b>'. $newsdesk_var['newsdesk_article_shorttext'] . '</b>';

}

if ( DISPLAY_NEWSDESK_HEADLINE ) {

$insert_headline = '<b><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSDESK_INFO, 'newsdesk_id=' . $newsdesk_var['newsdesk_id']) . '">' . $newsdesk_var['newsdesk_article_name'] . '</a></b>';

}

if ( DISPLAY_NEWSDESK_DATE ) {

$insert_date = '- <i>' . tep_date_long($newsdesk_var['newsdesk_date_added']) . '</i>';

}

$info_box_contents[$row] = array(

'align' => 'left',

'params' => 'class="smallText" valign="top"',

'text' => '

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="newsText">' . $insert_headline . '</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>' . tep_draw_separator('1by1.gif', '100%', '1') . '</td>

</tr>

</table>

'

);

$insert_image = '';

$insert_image_two = '';

$insert_image_three = '';

$row++;

}

new infoBox5($info_box_contents);

}

?>

<!-- newsdesk_eof //-->

<?php

/*

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions ---- http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

IMPORTANT NOTE:

This script is not part of the official osC distribution but an add-on contributed to the osC community.

Please read the NOTE and INSTALL documents that are provided with this file for further information and installation notes.

script name:	NewsDesk

version:  1.4

date: 	 2003-03-06

author: 	 Carsten aka moyashi

web site:  www..com

*/

?>

AND useless stuff (for my purpose) has to go...

@ Thomas

Sorry about that. Last night I was up late until 3am again. ugh ... browser was just showing the cache changes probably due to your images switching and such. HTML formatting is much better today -- you make any changes?

limit news counts is already there

' . MAX_DISPLAY_NEWSDESK_NEWS);

just need to change it in the admin -- should be no problem since your not using the right column anyway ... I think the defualt setting is "5".

newsscroller seems to be working fine ... it's just the location that is a bit funky since it covers the search buttons and such. Otherwise interesting concept to have it float like that :D

useless junk --

You could drop all the image testings and then go up into the sql query and erase those lines that call the images and such like all those if statements for viewcount, readmore, blah blah ... make the script go on a quick diet so to say.

Good luck!

@ sqlfile ...

Thomas is correct. Probably it's the "single quotes" give phpmyadmin hell. You could just skip all the inserts for information and just go with a clean setup and not the bs about what's up and such.

Hello community,

i have installed the newsdesk 1.4 tar files. i need a new language package. so i have copied the english language into an new directory. i think that is working.

but i have still problems:

sql-upload-error:

SQL-Befehl :

INSERT INTO newsdesk_description (newsdesk_id, language_id, newsdesk_article_name, newsdesk_article_description, newsdesk_article_shorttext, newsdesk_article_url, newsdesk_article_viewed, newsdesk_image_text, newsdesk_image_text_two, newsdesk_image_text_three) VALUES (1, 1, 'Stickies are here!', '<b>Stickies have been implemented in v1.4</b><br />?r?n<br />?r?nIsn?'t this a nifty feature?', '<b>Welcome to the Sticky area</b>', '', 5, '', '', ''), (1, 2, '', '', '', '', 0, '', '', ''), (1, 3, '', '', '', '', 0, '', '', ''), (2, 1, 'NewsDesk version 1.4', '<b>NewsDesk version 1.4 RELEASED!</b><br />?r?n<br />?r?nWith the great help of a few brave souls we can all now enjoy a newer and more powerful, flexible, function rich (<i>too rich?</i>) NewsDesk!<br />?r?n<br />?r?n<ul><li>Mulitple images</li><li>Review Approvals</li><li>RSS</li><li>HTML Bar Editing</li><li>Remove Images</li><li>Subtitles for Images</li><li>And of course Stickies</li></ul><br />?r?nI hope that you?'ll enjoy your NewsDesk!', '<b>Welcome to NewsDesk version 1.4</b><br />?r?n<br />?r?n<i>Special thanks to those who helped with Beta Testing!</i>', '', 9, '', '', ''), (2, 2, '', '', '', '', 0, '', '', ''), (2, 3, '', '', '', '', 0, '', '', ''), (3, 1, '3 images !!!', '<s>3 images</s> !!!<br />?r?n<br />?r?n<u>NewsDesk version 1.4</u> now has the capability to use 3 images plus <sub>subtitles</sub>.<br />?r?n<br />?r?n<sup>Yippe</sup> Isn?'t life grand?', '<b>NOW up to 3 images can be used!!!</b>', '', 32, 'action', 'cartoons', 'graphic'), (3, 2, '', '', '', '', 0, '', '', ''), (3, 3, '', '', '', '', 0, '', '', ''); INSERT INTO newsdesk_reviews (reviews_id, newsdesk_id, customers_id, customers_name, reviews_rating, date_added, last_modified, reviews_read, approved) VALUES (1, 1, 2, 'test test', 5, '2003-03-11 01:26:31', NULL, 0, 1), (2, 3, 2, 'Carsten aka Moyashi', 4, '2003-03-11 01:29:02', NULL, 0, 1), (3, 2, 2, 'Carsten aka Moyashi', 5, '2003-03-11 01:29:53', NULL, 0, 0); INSERT INTO newsdesk_reviews_description (reviews_id, languages_id, reviews_text) VALUES (1, 1, 'Thanks to Emiliano for his efforts in beta testing and providing ideas and code to help make NewsDesk better'), (2, 1, 'hehe, after almost a week of effort I was able to finish this part of the mod.?r?n?r?nI hope that you all enjoy it!'), (3, 1, 'I wonder who?'ll approve this review just to read it ????r?n?r?n:-D')

MySQL meldet:

You have an error in your SQL syntax near 't this a nifty feature?', '<b>Welcome to the Sticky area</b>', '', 5, '', '', ''' at line 1

Zur?ck

2. Error if you klick on catalog newbox-inserts:

Warning: array_map() expects argument 1, 'tep_string_to_int', to be either NULL or a valid callback in /homepages/13/d11876913/htdocs/ahg-gmbh/motorrad-system/includes/functions/newsdesk_general.php on line 47

---> i have modified the code in the newdesk-info.php like this:

if (($categories['categories_image'] = 'NULL') or categories) {

} else {

$print_echo = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'],

SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT);

}

3. i get an error in the admin if i want to great a new story:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_uploaded_file() in /homepages/13/d11876913/htdocs/ahg-gmbh/motorrad-admin/newsdesk.php on line 918

4. i get an error if i want to create a new directory:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_uploaded_file() in /homepages/13/d11876913/htdocs/ahg-gmbh/motorrad-admin/newsdesk.php on line 92

please, can anyone help me, i have no idea how i can solve these problems. please tell me slowly.

thanks for your help,

daniel

i have installed newsdesk 1.4 into another osc system based on may 2002. i have the same problems with admin and catalog. i installed it like shown in the installs.txt from the tar-file.

i have installed the box in the colum_left.php and i copied the english language and renamed it to german.

on the default page i insert a picture. there is no text like the startup catalog.

i have following errors:

admin-toll:

i will create a new category:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_uploaded_file() in /homepages/13/d11876913/htdocs/ahg-gmbh/mini-admin/newsdesk.php on line 92

i will greate a new story without images and links:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_uploaded_file() in /homepages/13/d11876913/htdocs/ahg-gmbh/mini-admin/newsdesk.php on line 918

i will open a story in the box at the catalog:

Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_STRING' or `T_VARIABLE' or `T_NUM_STRING' in /homepages/13/d11876913/htdocs/ahg-gmbh/mini-system/newsdesk_index.php on line 185

in the catalog there is shown only the "news categories" box. The "latest news" is not shown.

please, i am a study an it is also for my diploma to create a shopsystem with a news system. can anybody help me? thankyou,

daniel

I believe newsdesk 1.4 is not compatible with the latest cvs which uses the new file upload class

here is the error i get when i try to create a new newsdesk category

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_uploaded_file() in /admin/newsdesk.php on line 92

does anyone know how to fix this