• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Shipping Option = In Store Pick Up Only

NodsDorf

Has anybody dealt with a shop that requires some items as only shipment available as in store pickup?

Some items should be available for shipment via normal methods but some larger or specialty items should be flagged as "In Store Pick Up Only" is there an add-on for this or how has some of you handled this in the past?

Thanks for any advice

I found an old module in the add-on section 164 this appears to give the free-shipping and in store pickup. Now I'm trying to figure out how to flag items so that when you add them to the cart your only shipping option is in store pickup.

I'm still trying to sort the best way to do this in my head. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I was thinking about making a new tax class for pick up items only and use that to trigger the shipping modules displayed at checkout, along with some text under pricing that tells people it is a in store pick up only item.

The other thought would be to add a new column in the database and put the flag there.

Hi Don,

There are many ways but my way would be to add a flag to the admin >> catalog >> add / edit products that save to the products table then set an if statement in the other shipping modules you use, where it goes depends on the shipping module, to prevent it showing if the criteria is met / not met.

I have done this a few times with payment gateways in the past but i see no reason why it would not work.

You could also add something to the includes / classes / shiping.php

Hope this helps you

Nic

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

Thank you Nic

I think I will just add another field to the products table and then add a checkbox to the admin section for setting it to pickup only.

I may run into issues getting the code right to flag the Store pickup only shipping module, I'll ask if I run into issues. I actually thought there was a module already for this for some reason.

Thanks again,

Don

The MVS addon will do this. You would set up your in-store pickup module as a separate "vendor," and all items assigned to that vendor would then show as pick-up only. Everything else would have your standard shipping module(s).

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Archived