• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Why does the footer load so slow?

mossman

Hello Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone else has a footer that is disturbing slow?

I haven't made any changes to the footer outside of adding a small gif logo. It loads so slow that the lightbox sometimes dosen't work as if its waiting for the script to load.

Thanks!

Aaron

Is this "small gif logo" maybe hosted elsewhere, ie something like a trustlogo?

You are right, lightbox, same as most scripts, don't work until the full page is loaded, that's made like this on purpose

Griffin Radiators

Do you know if my larger image for the lightbox preloads? I have hi-res product images, and not the best connection from my job. It still loads a little slow from my house, but acceptable.

Thank you!

Aaron

Well, I don't know about other issues, but images are definitely an issue

Example: You have a radiator image 800x800 pixels and 130 kb, while you display it in a about 100x100 size

Redo all your images, make small light images for the product listing, and for product info (the + large image) you also won't need larger that 600x600, you are not selling jewelry or something. Finally try to optimize each image, use the lowest acceptable filesize

Thank you, i went and made to sets of images yesturday, a small set 100px aty 72 dpi cam e out to be about 15k per image. Then the large one i was going to redo today. I went into my admin section and re-uploaded all my thumbnail images using the small files. If your still seeing the large one i must have done something wrong. I will go look.

Aaron

Well, I don't know about other issues, but images are definitely an issue

Example: You have a radiator image 800x800 pixels and 130 kb, while you display it in a about 100x100 size

Redo all your images, make small light images for the product listing, and for product info (the + large image) you also won't need larger that 600x600, you are not selling jewelry or something. Finally try to optimize each image, use the lowest acceptable filesize

Archived