• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Suggestions please

timmay

Hi, i am very new to osc and this is my first store, it is far from done but would like some feedback on the graphics for info boxes. i think im color blind but it looks good from my standpoint. please review and suggest and also if someone wants to tell me how to change the text to my own i would appreciate that as well.

well here it is

http://www.raffleland.com

thanks

www.raffleland.com

Tim,

I too am new to this and I noticed your post. I think the graphics are too "close to your eye" in that you tend to see them inspite of your product and message. Art is a very personal thing. Retail is a very public thing.

I wish I was as far along as you are. I'm sorry I cannot offer any help on changing the box text. Keep at it.

Thanks,

Ken

it's a start, but some ideas:

With only one option in each, why not just remove your currency and languages boxes? (Column Controller contribution is great, if you're not using it yet.)

Your header image is rather hard to see. Try redoing the gradiant and finding a better font:

flc_shop.gif

Your image dimensions make your image quality look bad. Either Look into installing the Images Resampling contribution (which will resize your images on the fly). You can also install the easier Sm. Med, Lg images contribution and upload 3 image sizes individually per product. Finally, you could just remove the height definintions from Admin>Configure>Images to stop the images from sizing to the wrong proportions.

Install the Header Controller for customized title, keywords, etc.

The font you used in your infobox headers is very heard to read.

flc_infobox.gif

Again, the font you use makes a big difference.

- Greg

I agree with the above. It is a good start, but needs some work.

The striped images you have on the main page take away from the site.

The font used in the graphics is not very "friendly".

You have a lot of spelling and punctuation errors (even in your graphics), For example: "Whats New" should be "What's New" and "Catagories" should be "Categories"

No need for the language or currencies boxes since you only offer English/us dollar.

Other than that, it is your standard OSC installation so I guess its ok. Needs a little bit of a person touch though.

Good luck with it

Thank you all for your suggestions and i will get back to work , i like the suggestion about "art is personal and retail is public" i didnt even think of that i guess being my first time with osc i wanted to go all the way but back to the drawing board and thanks again for your constructive critisium!

have a great day

www.raffleland.com

OK i changed a little so far but am having problems with my images. where is the contribution for putting three different size images in.?

but take alook and see if you like the images on the boxes.

www.raffleland.com

Archived