• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Badmouth my new site

delaen

getting good...

but....

there are to many text in the movies discrition.

im working at 1280x1024 and I cant c all in your first page..thats bad..

you have to many different colors in your boxes..

try this colors in the shopping chart box (put the #336699 in the content and the #EEEECC in the header).

and like mattice likes to point..

In order to have your store criticized by the community here it has to have the Powered By osCommerce link on it as mentioned in the Sticky Post in this channel. If not we will delete it...

"Long live the new Flesh"

http://www.personalcare.com.pt

there are to many text  in the movies discrition.  

im working at 1280x1024 and I cant c all in your first page..thats bad..

you have to many different colors in your boxes

Can you please explain what you mean here? I looked at the site at that resolution and couldn't tell exactly what you mean.

Do you mean that there is too much text in the middle column?

Dalean,

Love the reviews! More text is better. Even though you have used multiple colors, they coordinate well and none seems to be out of place.

My only "gripe" is the header doesn't quite seem "connected" to the rest of the site.....I'm not quite sure what to suggest to cure it though.....

Overall I give it 2 thumbs up.... :D

Dalean,

My only "gripe" is the header doesn't quite seem "connected" to the rest of the site.....I'm not quite sure what to suggest to cure it though.....

Yea, I get that feeling too. I haven't been able to come up with anything that "fits" better though. :(

I played a bit in my photo program....What about adding a paler shade of beige in the background to unify the look a bit more?

badmouth.jpg

and like mattice likes to point..

In order to have your store criticized by the community here it has to have the Powered By osCommerce link on it as mentioned in the Sticky Post in this channel. If not we will delete it...

The thread that is.

And I don't specifically like to point that out, its part of my job being a forum moderator...

I like the site a lot. Very clean, good feel to it. Only thing I can say is it

looks too Amazonish to my taste. Other than that I think you did a great job on it.

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

I've changed a few things around and I think it looks a little bit better. I changed the colors of a few things that I think match a little better now. I also made the main section a little easier to read.

I made a test account if anyone wants to look around a little more:

Login: [email protected]

Pass: testit

Please let me know if there is anything else you can see that desperately needs improved.

Your shopping cart is empty. This is an indication that you are not buying enough.

That is GREAT!!!

That's all I have to say! :)

Jen

I haven't lost my mind - I have it backed up on disk somewhere.

how did you make the info boxes different colors?  have been playing around a bit,but haven't been successful with it.  

any tips are greatly appreciated.

I used this contribution and modified the tables a bit so that they no longer had the "infobox" class and had each one have their own instead. I had to add a few additions to the stylesheet as well.

I think you have too much going on in the first page. I like to read lots of stuff about what I'm buying, but thats the job of the product_info page.

The default page should tempt me inside your site...yours would scare a lot of people off as it has too much information...

Having said that, I like the layour and colours - it all works well. It's just too wordy.

I think you have too much going on in the first page.  I like to read lots of stuff about what I'm buying, but thats the job of the product_info page.  

The default page should tempt me inside your site...yours would scare a lot of people off as it has too much information...

Having said that, I like the layour and colours - it all works well.  It's just too wordy.

Well, I changed up the right side a bit. I'm not sure what else I need to do though. I'll think of something.

Cool site! It took a long time to load on my DSL though.

A physical address and phone number on the contact us page might make people feel better.

You might want to rename 'oscommerce.gif' and make it a link to your home page.

I think you have too much going on in the first page. I like to read lots of stuff about what I'm buying, but thats the job of the product_info page.

Having said that, I like the layour and colours - it all works well. It's just too wordy.

I've changed it around a bunch, let me know if it's a little less scary.

Well done! looks very good.

2 major things I love and would like to know how you did it:

1) I like what you have done with the product listings with the average review of the products shown. How is this done? Contribution I can down load?

2)Also the "3 Badmouth users rated this movie: [3 of 5 stars]" which appears on your product info pages - any idea / contribution how this can be done?

Let me (and the other's) know!

Again - well done! Brilliant!

Well done! looks very good.

2 major things I love and would like to know how you did it:

1) I like what you have done with the product listings with the average review of the products shown. How is this done? Contribution I can down load?

2)Also the "3 Badmouth users rated this movie: [3 of 5 stars]" which appears on your product info pages - any idea / contribution how this can be done?

Let me (and the other's) know!

Again - well done! Brilliant!

Yep - Same here!!

Can you please post what you have done to acchive this!!

Thanks,

Warren

I'm not quite sure how you could do it if you use the default "product_listing.php" module, but this is my "product_listing_col" (which is basically a completely different file than I started with, but it had a better starting point for me than the default). I have the part commented.

<?php

/*

$Id: product_listing_col.php,v 1.2 2002/11/29 21:27:07 wilt Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

?>

<!-- product_listing_col //-->

<?php

DEFINE('PRODUCT_LIST_COL_NUM',3);

DEFINE('PRODUCT_LIST_COL_SHOW_CAT', true);

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, $listing_sql, $listing_numrows);

?>

<table cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0" width="100%">

<?php

$listing = tep_db_query($listing_sql);

while ($listing_values = tep_db_fetch_array($listing)) {

$lc_text = '<tr>';

$lc_text.= '<td width="75" align="right">';

$lc_text.= '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $listing_values['products_id']) . '">';

$lc_text.=  tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $listing_values['products_image'], $listing_values['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>';

$lc_text.= '</td>';

$lc_text.= '<td class="main">';

$lc_text.= '<a class="productListName" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $listing_values['products_id']) . '">' . $listing_values['products_name'] . '</a><br>';

// show average review

$getaverage= tep_db_query("select sum(reviews_rating) as total, count(*) as count from " . TABLE_REVIEWS . " where products_id = '" . $listing_values['products_id'] . "'");

$reviews_average = tep_db_fetch_array($getaverage);

if ($reviews_average['count'] > 0) {

$average = $reviews_average['total'] / $reviews_average['count'];

$rounded_average = ceil($average);

$lc_text .=  "<span class='smalltext'>" . TEXT_AVERAGE_REVIEW; 

$lc_text .=  tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'stars_' . $rounded_average . '.gif', sprintf(TEXT_OF_5_STARS, $rounded_average));

$lc_text .=  "</span><br>";

}

//end average review

if ($listing_values['products_price_list'] != 0) {  // if list price isn't empty

$list_price = $listing_values['products_price_list'];

$list_price = ceil($list_price * 100) / 100;  //round the list price

$lc_text .= "<b>" . TEXT_STORE_LIST_PRICE . "</b><s>" . $currencies->format($list_price) . "</s><br>";

}

if ($listing_values['specials_new_products_price']) {

$lc_text .= '<b>' . TEXT_STORE_PRICE . ' <s>' .  $currencies->display_price($listing_values['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing_values['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($listing_values['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing_values['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span></b> ';

} else {

$lc_text .= '<b>' . TEXT_STORE_PRICE . ' ' . $currencies->display_price($listing_values['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing_values['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</b> ';

}

$listing_values['products_description'] = tep_get_products_desc($listing_values['products_description']);

$lc_text .=	"<p><span class='smallText'>" . $listing_values['products_description'] . "</span>";

$lc_text .= "</td>";

$lc_text .= "</tr>";

$lc_text .= "<tr>";

$lc_text.= "<td colspan='2'>" . tep_draw_separator('pixel_black.gif', '100%', '1') . "</td>";

$lc_text.= "</tr>";

echo $lc_text;

}

// new contentBox($info_box_contents);

?>

</table>

<table width="100%">

<tr>

<td class="smallText"> <?php echo $listing_split->display_count($listing_numrows, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, $HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS); ?> </td>

<td align="right" class="smallText"> <?php echo TEXT_RESULT_PAGE; ?> <?php echo $listing_split->display_links($listing_numrows, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, $HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'info', 'x', 'y'))); ?> </td>

</tr>

</table>

<!-- product_listing_col //-->

You *should* be able to just plug the average review code into something else (I'm planning to combine the review query into the one that is sent to the page, but I haven't gotten around to it yet), but I'm not positive. The section is commented.

Most of the other code will take a lot of changes on other pages to get working, but the average reviews section should work out of the box (except for a language file change that should be somewhat obvious).

It's the same code from the other page, just a different entry into the language file to make it say something else.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived