• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FedEx - Web Services v9

greasemonkey

However, Im wondering what this module does. When a customer finishes the checkout process what happens after that. Is this shipment information sent to FedEx and emailed to me so that I can easily print a label off? Or do I have to log into FedEx and authorize the shipment?

Any help and explanation would be appreciated.

Thanks

This module at its current state of development will only obtain and display rates based on your stores configuaration, and your rate agreement with fedex. It does not create the label. Now you can add additional modules for label creation and whatnot, but those are seperate contributions.

-Dave

You can get PDF manuals and info from Fedex at the developer site, whcih will explain everything in their webserviecs although not always well. But, it does explain what is required and what is optional to transmit and you can get expamples of requests and responses. They aslo show which are simple and which are complex. There are links to find out more about wsdl too.

http://www.fedex.com/us/developer/

I'm not really a dog.

Okay so restore to the beginning with just my template installed nothing else then post my /catalog/checkout_shipping.php file here then right ok let me do that i will post it as soon as I redo the site

There are plenty of people here you can hire to help you to varying degrees, but many are questionable IMHO. Based on the quality of the contributions that Rob has done I would look to him first. I got this off of his docblock in USU5_PRO

Robert Fisher, FWR Media, http://www.fwrmedia.co.uk

Burt has been around for along time so you may want to talk to him too.

I'm not really a dog.

So pretty much this module just provides an approximation of shipping prices. We would still need to log in to FedEx and create the actual shipment and do everything manually correct?

The rates your receive should be exactly correct, not an approximation. How you surcharge them, offer list or discounted rates, etc is completely at your control.

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking about this a second - just go straight into a production mode if you cant get test to work. It is just calling quotes.

or this maybe

<s1:address location="https://gatewaybeta.fedex.com:443/web-services/rate"/>

Hoy hoy!!! That's the ticket! Works a treat now on a test account.

Thanks for helping out with this. It still throws a SOAP error if you're set to ACCOUNT instead of LIST in admin, But that's all good anyway. We's just testing at this point.

You've made my boss and myself very happy.

Thanks again.

I've tested the rates for Domestic (USA), and it works great! I'm now testing for International and lo and behold, an issue came up.

I'm testing to Belgium and it displays two methods, International Economy and International Priority and BOTH of them display the rates at $0.00. This is, of course, unacceptable. I'm not displaying any errors either. Any suggestions?

~Jan

I've tested the rates for Domestic (USA), and it works great! I'm now testing for International and lo and behold, an issue came up.

I'm testing to Belgium and it displays two methods, International Economy and International Priority and BOTH of them display the rates at $0.00. This is, of course, unacceptable. I'm not displaying any errors either. Any suggestions?

~Jan

First contact your fedex rep and insure your account is set up for international rates...

Second, look in /fedexwebservices.php, around line 284

FIND

if($ShipmentRateDetail->ShipmentRateDetail->RateType=='PAYOR_LIST_PACKAGE')
//	   if($ShipmentRateDetail->ShipmentRateDetail->RateType==('PAYOR_LIST_PACKAGE' || 'PAYOR_LIST_SHIPMENT')) // try this if having international quoting errors

and try swapping the // commented line to see if it helps.

//			  if($ShipmentRateDetail->ShipmentRateDetail->RateType=='PAYOR_LIST_PACKAGE')
   if($ShipmentRateDetail->ShipmentRateDetail->RateType==('PAYOR_LIST_PACKAGE' || 'PAYOR_LIST_SHIPMENT')) // try this if having international quoting errors

-Dave

First contact your fedex rep and insure your account is set up for international rates...

Second, look in /fedexwebservices.php, around line 284

FIND

if($ShipmentRateDetail->ShipmentRateDetail->RateType=='PAYOR_LIST_PACKAGE')
//	 if($ShipmentRateDetail->ShipmentRateDetail->RateType==('PAYOR_LIST_PACKAGE' || 'PAYOR_LIST_SHIPMENT')) // try this if having international quoting errors

and try swapping the // commented line to see if it helps.

//			 if($ShipmentRateDetail->ShipmentRateDetail->RateType=='PAYOR_LIST_PACKAGE')
 if($ShipmentRateDetail->ShipmentRateDetail->RateType==('PAYOR_LIST_PACKAGE' || 'PAYOR_LIST_SHIPMENT')) // try this if having international quoting errors

I called FedEx a little while ago to make sure we were set up for International rates, and they assured me I was. They also took a look at the returns and said that their API was working correctly and sent the proper rates but that my application wasn't displaying them correctly. They also mentioned that if the problem was because I wasn't set up for Int'l rates or if the API was at fault, the FedEx option and/or rates wouldn't display at all, $0.00 or otherwise.

The swap worked! Thanks. c:

• 2 weeks later...

Update,

My original issue was pertaining to the this message on checkout_shipping.php.

FedEx Please enter a ZIP Code to obtain your shipping quote.

Or possibly:

If no rate is shown, the heavy weight of the item(s) in your Shopping Cart suggests a Request for Freight Quote, rather than FedEx Ground service, is recommended.

I realized, for reasons beyond my understanding, that I was using the test credentials and I wasn't seeing any quotes. I went back to FedEx and obtained my production credentials, reconfigured the module with the new information and boooooyyyaaaaa, it works!

Edited by CHAV69

Update,

I realized, for reasons beyond my understanding, that I was using the test credentials and I wasn't seeing any quotes. I went back to FedEx and obtained my production credentials, reconfigured the module with the new information and boooooyyyaaaaa, it works!

Correct - the module is preset to use Production credientials. If you need to use Test credentials, then change the line is the WSDL file:

FIND

<s1:address location="https://gateway.fedex.com/web-services/"/>

REPLACE WITH

<s1:address location="https://gatewaybeta.fedex.com:443/web-services/rate"/>

Edited by Roaddoctor

-Dave

Correct - the module is preset to use Production credientials. If you need to use Test credentials, then change the line is the WSDL file:

The module is working great and thanks for the contribution. Saved me a ton work. But, I'm not out of the woods yet. I grappling with a new issue and was wondering if you can give some information as to what the limitations are on the weight. The site I'm working on sells playground equipment and most of the weights are definitely over a 150 pounds, even up to 900 pounds. How do I handle this??? Is this going to be a fedex account issue???

Edited by CHAV69

Also, when I go to checkout, the total pieces matches the weight. I have only 1 item in my cart.

Here is what is telling me:

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

FedEx (Total items: 151 pcs. Total weight: 151.00 lbs.)

Not sure where to begin to troubleshoot. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Edited by CHAV69

The module is working great and thanks for the contribution. Saved me a ton work. But, I'm not out of the woods yet. I grappling with a new issue and was wondering if you can give some information as to what the limitations are on the weight. The site I'm working on sells playground equipment and most of the weights are definitely over a 150 pounds, even up to 900 pounds. How do I handle this??? Is this going to be a fedex account issue???

The module will process freight quotations if your account agreement with fedex includes freight services. There are other freighht quote modules for other carriers as well.

-Dave

Also, when I go to checkout, the total pieces matches the weight. I have only 1 item in my cart.

Here is what is telling me:

Not sure where to begin to troubleshoot. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

What do you have entered In admin>configuration>Shipping/Packaging?

Have you installed the entire fedex contribution with ship seperate modifications?

You will also likely benefit if you were to install UPSXML contribution. The dimensional capability will likely help you with the large heavy item issues.

-Dave

Look in fedexwebservices.php for the following section:

lines 121-125

// Depending on your version of Order Editor, any one of the following lines may be appropriate for your setup.
$totals = $order->info['subtotal'] = $cart->total; // from CRE Loaded code - testing - this may be the one for all?
// $totals = $order->info['subtotal'] = $_SESSION['cart']->show_total(); // original code
// $totals = $order->info['subtotal'] || $_SESSION['cart']->show_total(); // or perhaps this is better
// $totals = $cart->show_total(); // this seems to work for most

test with the different settings. let us know

Sad to say... I tested with everything but still no luck. FedEx quotes are just not showing. UPS and USPS quotes show fine, but no FedEx. Are there any other ideas?

Thanks.

Sad to say... I tested with everything but still no luck. FedEx quotes are just not showing. UPS and USPS quotes show fine, but no FedEx. Are there any other ideas?

Thanks.

That section of code only relates to compatibitlty with the various versions of Order Editor.

Are you getting the "enter your zip code" message? or nothing at all?

test or production credentials?

osc 2.2 or 2.3+ ?

-Dave

That section of code only relates to compatibitlty with the various versions of Order Editor.

Are you getting the "enter your zip code" message? or nothing at all?

test or production credentials?

osc 2.2 or 2.3+ ?

I have an Order Editor add-on installed on my osc 2.3+, production site. Yes, I'm getting "enter your zip code" message when address is being changed. Everything seems to be working perfectly when I edit an order, except for the FedEx quotes, they're just not showing. I tried your earlier suggestions, but still no quotes. If I enable the original code <$totals = $order->info['subtotal'] = $_SESSION['cart']->show_total();> in fedexwebservices.php, then edit_orders.php page just loads blank. The other three lines of code produce the same results, page loads fine, but no FedEx quotes.

$totals = $order->info['subtotal'] = $cart->total;  // from CRE Loaded code - testing - this may be the one for all?
//   $totals = $order->info['subtotal'] || $_SESSION['cart']->show_total();  // or perhaps this is better
//    $totals = $cart->show_total();  // this seems to work for most

I have an Order Editor add-on installed on my osc 2.3+, production site. Yes, I'm getting "enter your zip code" message when address is being changed. Everything seems to be working perfectly when I edit an order, except for the FedEx quotes, they're just not showing. I tried your earlier suggestions, but still no quotes. If I enable the original code <$totals = $order->info['subtotal'] = $_SESSION['cart']->show_total();> in fedexwebservices.php, then edit_orders.php page just loads blank. The other three lines of code produce the same results, page loads fine, but no FedEx quotes.

$totals = $order->info['subtotal'] = $cart->total; // from CRE Loaded code - testing - this may be the one for all?
// $totals = $order->info['subtotal'] || $_SESSION['cart']->show_total(); // or perhaps this is better
// $totals = $cart->show_total(); // this seems to work for most

Sorry I'm confused... Are you getting fedex quotes during regular checkout?

If you are, but have a problem with quotes within your version of Order Editor, the Order Editor support thread would be the appropriate place for working out a solution. Sorry I can't help with that.

-Dave

Yes, the problem with fedex quotes is only within the Order Editor. UPS and USPS quotes show fine, but FedEx quotes aren't showing at all. I have an original version of Order Editor, and previous fedex shipping module worked fine, until I upgraded to FedEx Webservices.

This is what worked for me when I used the previous fedex module. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with this module at all. I tried that suggestion, but as soon as I change in fedexwebservices.php from

$countries_array = $this->get_countries(SHIPPING_ORIGIN_COUNTRY, true);

to

$countries_array = $this->get_countries_info(SHIPPING_ORIGIN_COUNTRY, true);

both pages: checkout_shipping.php and edit_orders.php load blank.