• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FedEx - Web Services v9

greasemonkey

Forestshopkeeper, you don't need to turn off ftp to be PCI compliant. If McAfee scans insist you do then that is their jsut their own rules. There is nothing in the PCI Guidelines that say you cannot have ftp or for that matter SSH open on your server.

As to your problem I am guessing that since you mention the Admin Order Editor you have customized your site code. Did you modify checkout?

Forestshopkeeper, you don't need to turn off ftp to be PCI compliant. If McAfee scans insist you do then that is their jsut their own rules. There is nothing in the PCI Guidelines that say you cannot have ftp or for that matter SSH open on your server.

As to your problem I am guessing that since you mention the Admin Order Editor you have customized your site code. Did you modify checkout?

Yes. I modified checkout, but the only modification in checkout_shipping.php is a store closed mod. I actually did a compare to the RC2A file and my file and the only difference in the two files is the four or five lines for the close store mod.

I am not sure what piece of code tells the website to go to fedex to get rates or where it tells it to go. I know the website fedex provided me with is as follows: https://ws.fedex.com:443/web-services with my meter number. I don't know if this has changed or if it is supposed to be coded in somewhere. I talked to fedex this am and they verified all of my settings. Any other suggestions?

Jim

Since it works in Admin it points to the specific functions in the module not working. That points to either it not being installed properly or not being configured properly. You claim that it is installed properly with all files in the right place and is configured properly. In which case it has to be some other issue relating to the checkout shipping page or your hosting environment. Since the only known hosting issue is SOAP and you say it is installed that leaves the actual checkout shipping page.

The checkout shipping page invokes all active shipping modules. The FedEx module passes parameters to FedEx.

You could try getting a new production key. See if that helps. Otherwise you will need to debug the checkout shipping page to see what is going on. How does it react if NO shipping modules are turned on?

Since it works in Admin it points to the specific functions in the module not working. That points to either it not being installed properly or not being configured properly. You claim that it is installed properly with all files in the right place and is configured properly. In which case it has to be some other issue relating to the checkout shipping page or your hosting environment. Since the only known hosting issue is SOAP and you say it is installed that leaves the actual checkout shipping page.

The checkout shipping page invokes all active shipping modules. The FedEx module passes parameters to FedEx.

You could try getting a new production key. See if that helps. Otherwise you will need to debug the checkout shipping page to see what is going on. How does it react if NO shipping modules are turned on?

If no modules are turned on, I get a page with no shipping options and the option to continue checkout.

Since everything else continues to work with the fedex module turned off, I have to believe the problem lies in the files uploaded for the module.

The module works on RC2a. We've implemented in numerous client sites. It is not possible that it is calling the wrong FedEx URL. Any issues have to be specific to your site. It is either how y ou installed it or some incompatibility with your specific site setup.

If it was me I would uninstall the module in Admin, delete all files and folders. Delete all related configuration entries from my database. Then repeat the installation making sure I put all files in the correct location - specifically the additional/new folders, reconfigure and see what happens.

You also need to look in your error log. If the site is not displaying an error then it may be that an error is being logged in error_log. If not then you are going to haev to debug your checkout_shipping process to see where it is stopping.

The module works on RC2a. We've implemented in numerous client sites. It is not possible that it is calling the wrong FedEx URL. Any issues have to be specific to your site. It is either how y ou installed it or some incompatibility with your specific site setup.

If it was me I would uninstall the module in Admin, delete all files and folders. Delete all related configuration entries from my database. Then repeat the installation making sure I put all files in the correct location - specifically the additional/new folders, reconfigure and see what happens.

You also need to look in your error log. If the site is not displaying an error then it may be that an error is being logged in error_log. If not then you are going to haev to debug your checkout_shipping process to see where it is stopping.

Ok!

I deleted all of the fedex files from the website. I deleted all of the fedex configuration files from the database. I replaced my checkout_shipping.php with the checkout_shipping.php from the rc2A update catalog. I still get the same problem

I ran both mine and the update checkout_shipping.php files through a debug program. NO PROBLEMS What else can I do. I can't find an error log on my site or in the root of my host.

Fedex says the production url is https://ws.fedex.com:443/web-services

This website is not listed in any of the files

I ask again. Where does the module talk to fedex?

The only website i find referenced anywhere is http://fedex.com/ws/rate/v9 and https://gateway.fedex.com/web-services/in the wsdl file.

jim

There is only one file for this module. fedexwebservices.php.

Try uncommenting the debug lines such as

//print_r($request['WebAuthenticationDetail']);

//print_r($request['ClientDetail']);

//exit;

to see how far it gets.

There is only one file for this module. fedexwebservices.php.

Try uncommenting the debug lines such as

//print_r($request['WebAuthenticationDetail']);

//print_r($request['ClientDetail']);

//exit;

to see how far it gets.

OK. I found the error log and this is what it says

Warning: require_once(/shoppeintheforest.com/includes/library/fedex-common.php5): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/shoppein/shoppeintheforest.com/includes/modules/shipping/fedexwebservices.php on line 59 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/shoppeintheforest.com/includes/library/fedex-common.php5' (include_path='.:/hsphere/shared/apache/libexec/php5ext/php/') in /hsphere/local/home/shoppein/shoppeintheforest.com/includes/modules/shipping/fedexwebservices.php on line 59

What does this mean.

Here is line 59

require_once(DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'library/fedex-common.php5');

Jim

OK. I found the error log and this is what it says

Warning: require_once(/shoppeintheforest.com/includes/library/fedex-common.php5): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/shoppein/shoppeintheforest.com/includes/modules/shipping/fedexwebservices.php on line 59 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/shoppeintheforest.com/includes/library/fedex-common.php5' (include_path='.:/hsphere/shared/apache/libexec/php5ext/php/') in /hsphere/local/home/shoppein/shoppeintheforest.com/includes/modules/shipping/fedexwebservices.php on line 59

What does this mean.

Here is line 59

require_once(DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'library/fedex-common.php5');

Jim

I got it. It did not like the name of my Dir_FS_CATALOG. Now it works.

Thanks for your help.

There is really no need to load each file one by one. If you just load the includes folder via ftp it will load everything in the right place.

Apart from configuring it in Admin then is nothing more to add. Anyone looking for more documentation than that needs read the FedEx documentation there. http://www.fedex.com/us/developer/product/WebServices/MyWebHelp/

For detailed information see http://www.fedex.com/us/developer/product/WebServices/MyWebHelp/Utilities/c_RateCodingDetails.html#/us/developer/product/WebServices/MyWebHelp/Transactions/WS/r_RateRequestElements.html

Forestshopkeeper, if you have more than one shipping module turned on then make sure they each have a unique sort order.

Anyone else, if you come here looking for help and then resolve your problem it would be a good idea to then post how you fixed it in order to help others.

After full testing, now that it is working, It still has a bug somewhere because it defaults to the first FedEX service offered regardless of which one was chosen. I have the 26 may 11 version installed. Any suggestions?

Jim

After full testing, now that it is working, It still has a bug somewhere because it defaults to the first FedEX service offered regardless of which one was chosen. I have the 26 may 11 version installed. Any suggestions?

Jim

Reloaded the 26 may version and now it works. Thanks to all who helped me through this.

Jim

Hi everyone!

I've got all of my info, Web Servies Key, Account Number, and Meter ID, but I have a question. The Web Services Password, is that my main password for the FedEx site?

The reason I ask is because when I go to my shipping page, I get this under FedEx::

Error in processing transaction.

ERROR

prof

Authentication Failed

Thanks!

Jennifer J.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just wondering if there are any plans to add features to this contribution at this time? I may try myself but I would probably mess everything up, and don't know what I';m doing with regards to security.

I really just want to be able to send a fixed box size through for calculating international and domestic express rates. A difference of a 3 lb item that goes in a 6x6x6 box and one that goes in a 12x9x5 box is 20 dollars or more.

I figure that when the API retires a lot of people will get a wakeup call and this will be updated many times, perhaps with settings for amount and weight thresholds for each shipping service.

If there is an easy way to hardcode it to send 12 x 9 x 5 box size with every rate request I'd really appreciate some guidance.

EDIT: I'm looking at the developer documentation on Web Services v9 and there does not even seem to be an field for dimensions in the RateRequest function. Is this the case?

Thanks a ton!

Michael Jones

Edited by jonesy827

The only plan that we have is to allow you to

1. choose List or Account Rates

2. Add a Handling Fee as a Percentage or Flat Rate.

This change will be released next week some time.

Any other changes is up to the rest of the community.

The new version 9.2 has been loaded

Allows you to choose List (published/public) prices or Account (your) prices.

Allows you to use a Flat Rate or Percentage Handling Fee including negative values.

Examples:

1. 10% off List Rates

You can choose List rates and then give them 10% off them by entering -10% in handling fee

2. 20% on top of Account Rates

You can choose Account Rates and then add 20% on top by entering 20% in the handling fee.

If you are upgrading then all youshould need to do is uninstall, replace the main includes/modules file, then reinstall.

Thanks very much for your contribution Kym!

I am getting the following error at checkout (/checkout_shipping.php)

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

FedEx FedEx    
Error in processing transaction.

ERROR
prof
Authentication Failed

I'm using osCommerce contribution FedEx Web Services v9.2 (2011-08-30)

-cpanel

-php 5.2

-soap

I have TEST account from FedEX

-web services key

-password

-account number

-meterID

Question: Is this error because I have a TEST account and not Production?

Edited by d-woo

After completing the orders, how do I use FedEx Web Services to generate my labels.

I'm looking through their documentation, http://www.fedex.com/us/developer/product/WebServices/MyWebHelp/Forms-Labels-Reports/c_CreatingLabel.html

but I am not seeing what URL to go to, login and then print my labels.

Please assist.

Thanks!

A US based customer has advised that orders from Canada are coming thru as zero cost. The order is using FedEx (International Ecomony). Right now I am not sure when this issue started. It could be a V9.2 issue or could be earlier. We will test that on another site using 9.1 and see.