• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Tynimce Editor

Hello! hope you had a nice weekend!

Import BOTH .sql files again....Making sure when you do so that it shows successful.

When I import it first it shows successful with both sqls - if I import them again the first works fine, the information_additional returns an error:

SQL-Befehl:

--

-- Dumping data for table `information_group`

--

INSERT INTO `information_group` ( `information_group_id` , `information_group_title` , `information_group_description` , `sort_order` , `visible` , `locked` )

VALUES ( 2, 'Welcome message', 'Welcome message', 2, 1, 'information_title, sort_order, parent_id, visible' ) ;

MySQL meldet: Dokumentation

#1062 - Duplicate entry '2' for key 'PRIMARY'

But if I remove both (information and information_additional) then I can import both with success again

..... but it does not give me the Icons to edit the welcome-text.

Must be a language issue...

Edit sql/information_additional.sql, on line 14 it has INSERT INTO `information_group` ... ,

put a # in front of it, that way it's commenting that line out.

On the first 5 INSERT INTO lines, all five start with a number, 1-5 respectfully,

change to 6-10

On the first 5 INSERT INTO lines, all five end with,

1, 0);

change to,

2, 0);

save the file, and import it.

I am assuming you only have 2 languages on your site, and am assuming that German is language #2...

Edited by SLiCK_303

It sounds like what you did is imported sql/information.sql, then imported sql/information_additional.sql with the edits I told you..... If that IS what you did, that's NOT what I told you to do, do this.... GRRRRRRRR

Import sql/information.sql

Import sql/information_additional.sql, the UNMODIFIED version.

Import sql/information_additional.sql, with the modifications I told you to do.

Ok, if that STILL didn't work, I have the definitive solution!!

Knowing that the problem was a languages one, I installed another language on my site, and did some testing, HERE is what you need to do.

When you first login to the admin side, on the right side, change your language to english.

Go into the info manager, both screens, and edit all pages you see, and SAVE them. Doing this will save both english AND german settings.

Go back to the root of the admin, change back to german, goto the info manager, and it should now be working!

Import sql/information.sql

Import sql/information_additional.sql, the UNMODIFIED version.

Import sql/information_additional.sql, with the modifications I told you to do.

I did so,.... but when I try it import the modifies sql I got an error - so I tried it by delete the original first .....

Anyway I just want to try the "trick" with the language but I figured out that if I change to english I get only withe page and are unable to login.

- Maybe I should install the whole shop again ...... don't know what could be wrong with the english part - never touched that.

I now tried this:

I looked at the tables in phpmyadmin and I click on edit the welcome message.....I compared it with the information pages and saw that the field name locked has this value: 'information_title, sort_order, parent_id, visible

I deleted that and was then able to create a new page under the info manager in the admin.

After creating one I fill in the "'information_title, sort_order, parent_id, visible" again.

Now I can edit the welcome page but it does not replace the default welcome text,......

I'm sorry that I'm so clumsy with that!

I think I'm going to have a break for a week. I am moving right now and won't have a computer for the next time anyway.

Thank you so much for your patience and If you have any idea what might be wrong I would be very happy if you could help again.

I

• 3 months later...

Hello Slick_303!

It was quite a while that I worked on my shop - nothing worked out so I did not feel in the mood of doing something on it.

So I just started with a new installation and now almost everything works!

I want to thank you for your help I can now edit my product description and language files and can add new pages - that is simply great!

Thanks!