• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to make the shop visible by Google etc?

arka

Hi there,

sorry for the stupid question, but I cannot face reading through hundred of pages of contributions...

Which addon should I use to make sure the shop appears on Google (or other) searches?

I am using OSC 2.3.1

TIA

sorry for the stupid question, but I cannot face reading through hundred of pages of contributions...

Which addon should I use to make sure the shop appears on Google (or other) searches?

I am using OSC 2.3.1

One usually doesn't have to do anything since the search engines find you by themselves. If you want to speed that up, you can submit your site to each of them. But getting listed by them is a big difference from being listed well though. If you are asking how to do that, you will need to install contributions as Nick mentioned.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

HHmm I hope I haven't messed things up.

First of all, I have installed the Italian language package, but it has never worked very well in the admin panel, infact everytime I tried to login, I would first see a string of errors, at the bottom of which I could select the language. Once that was set back to En, everything was fine.

Now I have been busy installing Ultimate SEO (Ultimate_Seo_Urls_5_PRO_r205); I have been as careful as possible in making the necessary changes and to upload everything in the right place, BUT not I cannot access the admin panel at all:(

Below is the string of errors I get.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am using a MAC, FF4.0 and OSC 2.3.1

I have already posted in the Ultimate SEO thread, but the contributor says it has nothing to do with the package.

Forgot to say that the shop looks fine, THe problem is only with the admin panel.

Obviously the problem must lie with the Italian package...:(

PS

I know I have posted the name of the admin directory, but the shop is not live anyway... I'll change it later on (hopefully it won't be a problem...)

Warning: include(includes/languages/italian/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_boxes.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/htdocs/www.autosvezzamento.it/home/catalog/adminvetrina/includes/classes/cfg_modules.php on line 28

Warning: include(includes/languages/italian/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_boxes.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/htdocs/www.autosvezzamento.it/home/catalog/adminvetrina/includes/classes/cfg_modules.php on line 28

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/italian/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_boxes.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php5/lib/php/') in /web/htdocs/www.autosvezzamento.it/home/catalog/adminvetrina/includes/classes/cfg_modules.php on line 28

Warning: include(includes/languages/italian/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_action_recorder.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/htdocs/www.autosvezzamento.it/home/catalog/adminvetrina/includes/classes/cfg_modules.php on line 28

Warning: include(includes/languages/italian/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_action_recorder.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/htdocs/www.autosvezzamento.it/home/catalog/adminvetrina/includes/classes/cfg_modules.php on line 28

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/italian/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_action_recorder.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php5/lib/php/') in /web/htdocs/www.autosvezzamento.it/home/catalog/adminvetrina/includes/classes/cfg_modules.php on line 28

Warning: include(includes/languages/italian/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_dashboard.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/htdocs/www.autosvezzamento.it/home/catalog/adminvetrina/includes/classes/cfg_modules.php on line 28

Warning: include(includes/languages/italian/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_dashboard.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/htdocs/www.autosvezzamento.it/home/catalog/adminvetrina/includes/classes/cfg_modules.php on line 28

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/italian/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_dashboard.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php5/lib/php/') in /web/htdocs/www.autosvezzamento.it/home/catalog/adminvetrina/includes/classes/cfg_modules.php on line 28

Warning: include(includes/languages/italian/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_header_tags.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/htdocs/www.autosvezzamento.it/home/catalog/adminvetrina/includes/classes/cfg_modules.php on line 28

Warning: include(includes/languages/italian/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_header_tags.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/htdocs/www.autosvezzamento.it/home/catalog/adminvetrina/includes/classes/cfg_modules.php on line 28

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/italian/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_header_tags.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php5/lib/php/') in /web/htdocs/www.autosvezzamento.it/home/catalog/adminvetrina/includes/classes/cfg_modules.php on line 28

Warning: include(includes/languages/italian/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_order_total.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/htdocs/www.autosvezzamento.it/home/catalog/adminvetrina/includes/classes/cfg_modules.php on line 28

Warning: include(includes/languages/italian/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_order_total.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/htdocs/www.autosvezzamento.it/home/catalog/adminvetrina/includes/classes/cfg_modules.php on line 28

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/italian/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_order_total.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php5/lib/php/') in /web/htdocs/www.autosvezzamento.it/home/catalog/adminvetrina/includes/classes/cfg_modules.php on line 28

Warning: include(includes/languages/italian/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_payment.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/htdocs/www.autosvezzamento.it/home/catalog/adminvetrina/includes/classes/cfg_modules.php on line 28

Warning: include(includes/languages/italian/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_payment.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/htdocs/www.autosvezzamento.it/home/catalog/adminvetrina/includes/classes/cfg_modules.php on line 28

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/italian/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_payment.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php5/lib/php/') in /web/htdocs/www.autosvezzamento.it/home/catalog/adminvetrina/includes/classes/cfg_modules.php on line 28

Warning: include(includes/languages/italian/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_shipping.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/htdocs/www.autosvezzamento.it/home/catalog/adminvetrina/includes/classes/cfg_modules.php on line 28

Warning: include(includes/languages/italian/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_shipping.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/htdocs/www.autosvezzamento.it/home/catalog/adminvetrina/includes/classes/cfg_modules.php on line 28

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/italian/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_shipping.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php5/lib/php/') in /web/htdocs/www.autosvezzamento.it/home/catalog/adminvetrina/includes/classes/cfg_modules.php on line 28

Warning: include(includes/languages/italian/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_social_bookmarks.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/htdocs/www.autosvezzamento.it/home/catalog/adminvetrina/includes/classes/cfg_modules.php on line 28

Warning: include(includes/languages/italian/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_social_bookmarks.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/htdocs/www.autosvezzamento.it/home/catalog/adminvetrina/includes/classes/cfg_modules.php on line 28

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/italian/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_social_bookmarks.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php5/lib/php/') in /web/htdocs/www.autosvezzamento.it/home/catalog/adminvetrina/includes/classes/cfg_modules.php on line 28

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_languages() in /web/htdocs/www.autosvezzamento.it/home/catalog/adminvetrina/login.php on line 112

Edited by arka

You are missing a lot of files. Read the error messages and upload the files they say are missing. If your Italian language pack doesn't have those files, copy them from the includes/languages/english/ directory to the includes/languages/italian/ directory, then translate the words in the defines.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

You are missing a lot of files. Read the error messages and upload the files they say are missing. If your Italian language pack doesn't have those files, copy them from the includes/languages/english/ directory to the includes/languages/italian/ directory, then translate the words in the defines.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

thanks for your reply (I am losing the will to live here...) It seems that the Italian translation is crap as I have just had a look at the Italian forum and there are plenty of people with my problem, but there has been no answer I could find.

Anyway, let's look at the first "error":

Within catalog/includes/languages/italian/modules/

there is not a cfg_modules directory at all. Nor is there one within admin/....

SHould I create one? And if so, where??

If I could remove the Italian from the Admin Panel and access it, that would be so much better...

I have also looked in

catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_boxes.php

but the folder cfg_modules is not there...

Edited by arka

That should be admin/includes/languages/italian/modules/cfg_modules/. Look at the structure of includes/languages/english/ and make includes/languages/italian/ look the same. The same subdirectories and the same files. If subdirectories do not exist, create them. If files do not exist, copy the file from includes/languages/english/. Then do the same thing on the admin side.

The missing files and directories indicate that your language pack is for osCommerce 2.2x and has not been updated for 2.3.1, or at least not completely updated. If that is truly the case, you have a lot of work to do. You might want to check to see if there is an updated translation first.

Regards

Jim

That should be admin/includes/languages/italian/modules/cfg_modules/. Look at the structure of includes/languages/english/ and make includes/languages/italian/ look the same. The same subdirectories and the same files. If subdirectories do not exist, create them. If files do not exist, copy the file from includes/languages/english/. Then do the same thing on the admin side.

The missing files and directories indicate that your language pack is for osCommerce 2.2x and has not been updated for 2.3.1, or at least not completely updated. If that is truly the case, you have a lot of work to do. You might want to check to see if there is an updated translation first.

Regards

Jim

Hhmmm... I have tried to contact someone who has worked on the Italian translation. Hopefully he'll reply...

Out of curiosity, the language pack in the admin folder and the one in catalog/includes one are supposed to be different or the same?

I wonder if I would be better off giving this up and using 2.2 instead... A few days' work wasted, but if I cannot find a solution I can find/deal with...

Edited by arka

OK, in the meantime I have done the following:

I have copied the Italian files from "Admin/includes" onto my desktop

I have deleted the content from teh Italian files in the "Admin" folder

I have copied the English language pack in the Italian folder.

Now I get only one error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_languages() in /web/htdocs/www.autosvezzamento.it/home/catalog/admin/login.php on line 112

Any ideas on how to circumvent this?

Thanks

<?php

/*

$Id$

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2010 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

$login_request = true;

require('includes/application_top.php');

require('includes/functions/password_funcs.php');

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

// prepare to logout an active administrator if the login page is accessed again

if (tep_session_is_registered('admin')) {

$action = 'logoff';

}

if (tep_not_null($action)) {

switch ($action) {

case 'process':

if (tep_session_is_registered('redirect_origin') && isset($redirect_origin['auth_user'])) {

$username = tep_db_prepare_input($redirect_origin['auth_user']);

$password = tep_db_prepare_input($redirect_origin['auth_pw']);

} else {

$username = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['username']);

$password = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['password']);

}

$actionRecorder = new actionRecorderAdmin('ar_admin_login', null, $username);

if ($actionRecorder->canPerform()) {

$check_query = tep_db_query("select id, user_name, user_password from " . TABLE_ADMINISTRATORS . " where user_name = '" . tep_db_input($username) . "'");

if (tep_db_num_rows($check_query) == 1) {

$check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query);

if (tep_validate_password($password, $check['user_password'])) {

// migrate old hashed password to new phpass password

if (tep_password_type($check['user_password']) != 'phpass') {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ADMINISTRATORS . " set user_password = '" . tep_encrypt_password($password) . "' where id = '" . (int)$check['id'] . "'");

}

tep_session_register('admin');

$admin = array('id' => $check['id'],

'username' => $check['user_name']);

$actionRecorder->_user_id = $admin['id'];

$actionRecorder->record();

if (tep_session_is_registered('redirect_origin')) {

$page = $redirect_origin['page'];

$get_string = '';

if (function_exists('http_build_query')) {

$get_string = http_build_query($redirect_origin['get']);

}

tep_session_unregister('redirect_origin');

tep_redirect(tep_href_link($page, $get_string));

} else {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));

}

}

}

$messageStack->add(ERROR_INVALID_ADMINISTRATOR, 'error');

} else {

$messageStack->add(sprintf(ERROR_ACTION_RECORDER, (defined('MODULE_ACTION_RECORDER_ADMIN_LOGIN_MINUTES') ? (int)MODULE_ACTION_RECORDER_ADMIN_LOGIN_MINUTES : 5)));

}

$actionRecorder->record(false);

break;

case 'logoff':

tep_session_unregister('admin');

if (isset($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_AUTH_USER']) && !empty($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_AUTH_USER']) && isset($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_AUTH_PW']) && !empty($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_AUTH_PW'])) {

tep_session_register('auth_ignore');

$auth_ignore = true;

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));

break;

case 'create':

$check_query = tep_db_query("select id from " . TABLE_ADMINISTRATORS . " limit 1");

if (tep_db_num_rows($check_query) == 0) {

$username = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['username']);

$password = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['password']);

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_ADMINISTRATORS . " (user_name, user_password) values ('" . tep_db_input($username) . "', '" . tep_db_input(tep_encrypt_password($password)) . "')");

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN));

break;

}

}

$languages = tep_get_languages();

$languages_array = array();

$languages_selected = DEFAULT_LANGUAGE;

for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($languages); $i < $n; $i++) {

$languages_array[] = array('id' => $languages[$i]['code'],

'text' => $languages[$i]['name']);

if ($languages[$i]['directory'] == $language) {

$languages_selected = $languages[$i]['code'];

}

}

$admins_check_query = tep_db_query("select id from " . TABLE_ADMINISTRATORS . " limit 1");

if (tep_db_num_rows($admins_check_query) < 1) {

$messageStack->add(TEXT_CREATE_FIRST_ADMINISTRATOR, 'warning');

}

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_top.php');

?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" height="40">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<?php

if (sizeof($languages_array) > 1) {

?>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_form('adminlanguage', FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'get') . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('language', $languages_array, $languages_selected, 'onchange="this.form.submit();"') . tep_hide_session_id() . '</form>'; ?></td>

<?php

}

?>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

<?php

$heading = array();

$contents = array();

if (tep_db_num_rows($admins_check_query) > 0) {

$heading[] = array('text' => '<strong>' . HEADING_TITLE . '</strong>');

$contents = array('form' => tep_draw_form('login', FILENAME_LOGIN, 'action=process'));

$contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_USERNAME . '<br />' . tep_draw_input_field('username'));

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br />' . TEXT_PASSWORD . '<br />' . tep_draw_password_field('password'));

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<br />' . tep_draw_button(BUTTON_LOGIN, 'key'));

} else {

$heading[] = array('text' => '<strong>' . HEADING_TITLE . '</strong>');

$contents = array('form' => tep_draw_form('login', FILENAME_LOGIN, 'action=create'));

$contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_CREATE_FIRST_ADMINISTRATOR);

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br />' . TEXT_USERNAME . '<br />' . tep_draw_input_field('username'));

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br />' . TEXT_PASSWORD . '<br />' . tep_draw_password_field('password'));

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<br />' . tep_draw_button(BUTTON_CREATE_ADMINISTRATOR, 'key'));

}

$box = new box;

echo $box->infoBox($heading, $contents);

?>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_bottom.php');

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');

?>

The language files in the catalog and the admin are different. They translate the corresponding code file, and of course the code is different on the two sides.

osCommerce 2.2RC2a would need some security patches to be safe to use. It would probably be easier to translate the missing files that it would to patch the old code. 2.2 is also becoming obsolete and cannot use any of the Addons coded for 2.3.1, and the theme system in 2.3.1 isn't included, making it a lot harder to make cosmetic changes.

Regards

Jim

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_languages() in /web/htdocs/www.autosvezzamento.it/home/catalog/admin/login.php on line 112

You copied a code file into a language directory or a language file into a code directory. Possibly both. Don't do that.

Regards

Jim

You copied a code file into a language directory or a language file into a code directory. Possibly both. Don't do that.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

after re-installing OSC (as I couldn't access the admin panel) I have started loading everything back (it wasn't much anyway). However, when it comes to Ultimate SEO I still have a problem. Everything goes well until I load (as per the instructions) the new version of

catalog/ADMIN/includes/functions/general.php

Doing so gives me the same error as last night :( :(

If I remove the altered file and put back the original one, everything is back to normal.

This time I have loaded the Italian translation only in the Shop and not in the Admin Panel (and things are going remarkably better now).

I am saying this because it seems unlikely I have done what you suggest above.

Any ideas?

I am not sure if the problem is Ultimate SEO related as I have searched the forum and have not found other people with the same problem :'(

Edited by arka

I have seen that problem, although not on the page you are seeing it on. I can't reproduce it so I have no way to figure out what is wrong. If it happens when you add Ultimate SEO, then ask on the support thread for that Addon.

Regards

Jim

Just in case it helps...

I had loaded a WYSIWYG editor (tinyMCE, which now sits in admin/includes/Javascript) for which I had to edit admin/includes/template_top.php; I have also run the following command from phpadmin:

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES(NULL, 'Use TinyMCE', 'TINYMCE_USE', 'true', 'Select if you want to use TinyMCE or not', 1, 22, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''), ')

I doubt this will interfere with Ultimate SEO though. I don't think I have loaded anything else...

A good piece of advice would be another SEO contribution. There are several around and I have read a few threads describing them, but I wouldn't know what to choose.

Depends on what you mean by SEO. If you are talking Header Tags, there are a couple to chose from, either of which would do the job. If you're talking about XML sitemaps, I'm not aware of a good one for osC 2.3.1. If you meant URL rewriters, forget it -- none of them do any good for SEO.

If you really want good search engine rankings, write good copy, relevant to your products, for every product-related page of your store. Then get others to link to those pages with your keywords in the link text. Don't worry about anything else until you have those covered.

Regards

Jim

There are plenty of places you can find more information on the Internet. I'm not going to go into that here. I will answer specific questions to the best of my ability.

Regards

Jim

• 9 months later...