• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class & Gift Vouchers (CCGV) for 2.3.1

Hi there,

I am not sure if anyone could help me with this.

I have a mod v2.3.1 and had add on theCCGV Credit Class Gift Voucher 6.0.

There are two things that is bugging me and sort of need a quick soln.

A quick background is that we do not have an automated payment gateway. We process the payment manually hence, we update all the order status manually.

So usually if the item is free, once the customer "makes payement" and assuming his total is $0 for his cart, the customer's status will be updated as Payment Processed and the customer can download the digital audio immediately.

1. However, the scenario here is that if the customer redeems the coupon/voucher and the total value is $0 for his cart, the customer's status is still marked as Awaiting Payment. Hence, I am wondering if there is a way to work around that if the total value = $0 and the customer's status will be updated as Payment Processed and the customer can download the digital audio immediately.

2. Is there anyway I can reset the customer's redeem status if they have an issue with the Gift Code.

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

I installed this contribution in a clean oscommerce 2.3.1 and all is work fine, but I installed in my store (modified version of 2.3.1) all is working fine, but I have only one problem.

I can redeem the credit if I use the link sent with the email but i'm not able to redeem when I try in Checkout_Payment!! Someone can help me? where file I need to check?

Thanks for your replay

Marco

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

My checkout_payment.php page is not showing any of the coupon code error messages such as, "Invalid Coupon Code". I can see the URL change to checkout_payment.php?payment_error=ot_coupon&error=Invalid+Coupon+Code but it does not show up on the page. I am using the stock checkout_payment.php page that came with this contribution as I didn't have any other contributions installed that had changes in this file.

Any Ideas? This is driving me crazy!

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed this add-on to my OSC 2.3.1 site and it seems to be working as it should, at least in terms of processing discounts and gift vouchers. However, I've discovered a problem with another addon (PDF Datasheet) that's driving me nuts. when I try to load a datasheet, I'm getting this error message:

[b]Notice[/b]: Undefined variable: gv_contents_string in [b]/home/chris400/public_html/crazychris.ca/store/includes/modules/boxes/bm_shopping_cart.php[/b] on line [b]112[/b]

[b]Warning[/b]: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/chris400/public_html/crazychris.ca/store/includes/modules/boxes/bm_shopping_cart.php:112) in [b]/home/chris400/public_html/crazychris.ca/store/ext/tcpdf/tcpdf.php[/b] on line [b]8736[/b]
[b]TCPDF ERROR: [/b]Some data has already been output to browser, can't send PDF file
[b]Fatal error[/b]: Call to a member function store() on a non-object in [b]/home/chris400/public_html/crazychris.ca/store/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5.php[/b] on line [b]78[/b]

I have twice checked the modifications I made to bm_shopping_cart.php when installing CCGV but don't see anything that's obviously wrong, at least to my non-programmer eyes. I'm attaching a copy of bm_shopping_cart.php in the hopes that someone with more experience at php will take a look and spot the problem.

As always, any help or suggestions on fixing this problem will be VERY much appreciated!

Thanks!

Regards,

Chris

I went ahead and edited the account.php page myself. Here it is:

<?php
/*
 $Id$
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com
 Copyright (c) 2010 osCommerce
 Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
 require('includes/application_top.php');
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
   $navigation->set_snapshot();
   tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));
 }
 require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_ACCOUNT);
 $breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'));
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_top.php');
?>
<h1><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></h1>
<?php
 if ($messageStack->size('account') > 0) {
   echo $messageStack->output('account');
 }
?>
<div class="contentContainer">
 <h2><?php echo MY_ACCOUNT_TITLE; ?></h2>
 <div class="contentText">
   <ul class="accountLinkList">
  <li><span class="ui-icon ui-icon-person accountLinkListEntry"></span><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_EDIT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . MY_ACCOUNT_INFORMATION . '</a>'; ?></li>
  <li><span class="ui-icon ui-icon-home accountLinkListEntry"></span><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADDRESS_BOOK, '', 'SSL') . '">' . MY_ACCOUNT_ADDRESS_BOOK . '</a>'; ?></li>
  <li><span class="ui-icon ui-icon-key accountLinkListEntry"></span><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_PASSWORD, '', 'SSL') . '">' . MY_ACCOUNT_PASSWORD . '</a>'; ?></li>
   </ul>
 </div>
 <h2><?php echo MY_ORDERS_TITLE; ?></h2>
  <li><span class="ui-icon ui-icon-cart accountLinkListEntry"></span><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY, '', 'SSL') . '">' . MY_ORDERS_VIEW . '</a>'; ?></li>
   </ul>
 </div>
 <h2><?php echo EMAIL_NOTIFICATIONS_TITLE; ?></h2>
  <li><span class="ui-icon ui-icon-mail-closed accountLinkListEntry"></span><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_NEWSLETTERS, '', 'SSL') . '">' . EMAIL_NOTIFICATIONS_NEWSLETTERS . '</a>'; ?></li>
  <li><span class="ui-icon ui-icon-heart accountLinkListEntry"></span><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_NOTIFICATIONS, '', 'SSL') . '">' . EMAIL_NOTIFICATIONS_PRODUCTS . '</a>'; ?></li>
   </ul>
 </div>
  <?php
//CCGV BEGIN
 if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
   $gv_query = tep_db_query("select amount from " . TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER . " where customer_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
   $gv_result = tep_db_fetch_array($gv_query);
   if ($gv_result['amount'] > 0 ) {
?>
<h2><?php echo MY_ORDERS_GV; ?></h2>
  <li><span class="ui-icon ui-icon-star accountLinkListEntry"></span><?php echo CCGV_BALANCE; ?>
 <?php echo $currencies->format($gv_result['amount']); ?></li>
  <li><span class="ui-icon ui-icon-mail-closed accountLinkListEntry"></span><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_GV_SEND, '', 'SSL') . '">' . CCGV_SENDVOUCHER . '</a>'; ?></li>
  <li><span class="ui-icon ui-icon-help accountLinkListEntry"></span><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_GV_FAQ, '', 'SSL') . '">' . CCGV_FAQ . '</a>'; ?></li>
   </ul>
 </div>
<?php
} else {}
 }
// CCGV END
?>
</div>
<?php
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_bottom.php');
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');
?>

You also need to add the code below to catalog/includes/language/yourlanguage/account.php

define('MY_ORDERS_GV', 'Gift Card Info');
define('CCGV_BALANCE', 'Your balance is ');
define('CCGV_SENDVOUCHER', 'Share your balance');
define('CCGV_FAQ', 'Gift Card FAQ');

I am not a coder but if the file looks good, it should probably be added to the contribution download since it is missing.

First I would like to say hello to everyone.

I found your forum and oscommerce site very helpful.

I installed CCGV addon yesterday and I have got some problem. Hopefully you will be able to help me :)

In admin panel modules/order_total I have got warnings:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: include(/homedir/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_subtotal_ex.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homedir/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 129

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/homedir/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_subtotal_ex.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear/') in /homedir/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 129

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I noticed that I do not have ot_subtotal_ex.php file in /homedir/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/order_total directory.

And line 129 in homedir/catalog/admin/modules.php is:

include($module_language_directory . $language . '/modules/' . $module_type . '/' . $file);

Unfortunatelly I am not really good in programming.

Thank you very much for your help in advance

Best regards

Daniel

• 3 weeks later...

I reinstalled it on fresh oscommerce and it is ok now.

But I have got another problem :(

When customer is trying to send Gift Voucher everything is being done correctly but information shows up:

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in homedir/catalog/gv_send.php on line 40

Can anyone find solution? Thank you very much

Edited by PLayer2001

Unfortunatelly I have got another problem: Gift Voucher balance is not being cleared after paypal standard payment for item (with "Use store credit" ticked). It is ok with cash on delivery payment method but not with paypal :( Does anyone know the solution?

I'm trying to isolate the discount coupon amount and display it on a seperate page. I found that the value I wanted is produced under $od_amount in includes\modules\order_total\ot_coupon.php.

I don't have much experience in coding PHP. Does anyone know how I can accomplish this?

I'm trying to isolate the discount coupon amount and display it on a seperate page. I found that the value I wanted is produced under $od_amount in includes\modules\order_total\ot_coupon.php.

I don't have much experience in coding PHP. Does anyone know how I can accomplish this?

Nevermind, I figured it out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First, great contrib.

But I have an issue. I did the file mods twice now, to-the-dot.. but I don't get an installation option in admin>modules>order total for the Vouchers. No clue why... I have the Discount Coupons.

Extremely frustrating..

Are there any known compatibility issues with other modules (seen the PayPal issue)

Any ideas, anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Can anyone help me figure out how to give a 100% discount coupon? When I attempt to check out after applying the coupon successfully, I get an error saying The first four digits of the number entered are: . If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card. If it is wrong, please try again.

I had the same issue when send out Gift Vouchers that covered the entire purchase and was able to fix that after some research by changing this line in checkout_process.php if ($credit_covers) $payment=''; to if ($credit_covers) $payment='credit_covers';

I'm still using using V10.2 by the way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just install a clean OSCommerce 2.3.3. Followed by a clean install of CCGV 2.3.3.

I have followed all instructions slowley and clearly. However in the admin panel, when I try and install the Git Vouchers Modules/Orders Total section.., this option is totally missing..., Iv'e checked and checked.

What am I missing.

Thanks

Andy

I forgot to mention that I can not install GIFT VOUCHERS in admin panel/modules/order total. I installed Discount coupons, store credits but there is no Gift vouchers to install. Just warning which I stated above

What did you do to get the Gift Vouchers to show up in admin as I have the same issue from a clean/new install on 2.3.3

Thanks

Andy

I have installed a fresh copy of OSC 2.3.3 - I have followed the instructions to the tee - Why is Gift Vouchers missing from the Admin/Modules/OrderTotal section?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

I have the module installed and working.

I have a question about gift cards though.

Right now how it works is, someone pays for the gift card. then the card is approved and the amount is credited to their account.

I'm not sure anyone will do this though? At least not for my store which is selling physical goods.

The way I pictured it is people would have the ability to enter someone's email, and then the gift card would be emailed to them with the ability to create the account or use an already created account.

Is this possible without further modification? Or do people use gift cards differently?

Just an addon to my last post. According to the add-on description it says the following:

Customers can send GC Balances to friends via email

Am I missing out on how this is done? I bought a test gift certificate and then approved in in the admin. But now I can only seem to apply it to my orders on checkout.