• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Currently open - BeachBod.com

Hello,

I would just like everyone to take a peak at www.beachbod.com and give me your comments.

I've really enjoyed using the OSCommerce software and the easy of use. It provides me and the users with everything that they should ever need in a website. I really enjoy the admin interface and how easy it is to update/add/remove products and sales.

Johnny,

In order to have your store criticized by the community here it has to have the Powered By osCommerce link on it as mentioned in the Sticky Post in this channel. If not we will delete it :(

Regards,

Mattice

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

Johnny,

In order to have your store criticized by the community here it has to have the Powered By osCommerce link on it as mentioned in the Sticky Post in this channel. If not we will delete it

Regards,

Mattice

Someone just read this and asked me if he could do that.

What Mattice said was he will delete references to the store in this forum.

Not actually delete the store ...no one can do that apart from the ADMIN of your store (you and whoever else you give access to).

****MY VIEWS FOLLOW **************

Adding the bit at the bottom helps all of us.

Why ? Well as more and more people use it, everyone gets access to it.

Imagine a snowball building up as it rolls down .....

OSC gets bigger better.

Wide range of contributions.

All store owners benefit.

Look how long we've come with your typicall Word Processor from the good'ol days. Software takes time.

Look how we use to code in html.

Now tools have helped us alot.

The days when you had a website which was slightly different and got loads of customers are gone.

OSC gives you complete customisation , flexibility and ease of use (for the store ADMIN(s) .

anyone can process orders ,check stock e.t.c.

More importantly , OSC also gives you TIME.

as it works so well, many tasks take alot less time.

Adding a product...WOW ! instant from a web browser anywhere.

No database publish hassle. Which produces 345 html pages which you then upload to your site.

With more TIME you can ....

search for better products.

keep your staff happy (because your less stressed)

Look for deals

Focus on customer service (which means the difference between success and failure)

Good Luck.

Special Effects / 3d + Flash

yep sorry.. not the store, just the thread :D

bad wording, no panic... ;)

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

Hello,

I would just like everyone to take a peak at www.beachbod.com and give me your comments.

I've really enjoyed using the OSCommerce software and the easy of use. It provides me and the users with everything that they should ever need in a website. I really enjoy the admin interface and how easy it is to update/add/remove products and sales.

But back to the topic of today.. :D

I think your shop would benefit from a sunnier (non white) background.

Perhaps a light yellow or something. White seems too clinical.

I like your color choice on the browns, reminds me of the beach indeed. Furthermore I'd present some images on the main page, possibly two healthy looking role models... something like that.

HTH

Mattice

Johnny,

In order to have your store criticized by the community here it has to have the Powered By osCommerce link on it as mentioned in the Sticky Post in this channel. If not we will delete it :(

Regards,

Mattice

Actually the sticky does not say a link at all - it says:

"stores discussed here must have the "Powered by osCommerce" text displayed"

TEXT :D

The text is actually a link on default osCommerce.

If you are that pathetic you want to change it to be plain text I will not stop you though.

The rules also say "The forum is for information exchange only. Commercial advertising is not allowed."

So you'd better check your signature file which makes ANY of your posts commercial. Please change it.

Mattice

The text is actually a link on default osCommerce.

If you are that pathetic you want to change it to be plain text I will not stop you though.

The rules also say "The forum is for information exchange only. Commercial advertising is not allowed."

So you'd better check your signature file which makes ANY of your posts commercial. Please change it.

Mattice

Touch?. Sig removed.

It may seem 'Pathetic' to you, but as one dabbling in the exact science of coding, I am surprised you don't find the sticky somewhat vague, not to say incorrect...

The sticky / forum rules are indeed in need of a revision.

We have been / are discussing on how to improve them internally and will revise them shortly as Harald mentioned yesterday in another thread.

So... we're working on it ;)

Sig removed

I appreciate it. :D

Archived