• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Spend $x more to receive free shipping in 2.3.1

Rev0lt

Hi,

I have tried the Club osCommerce walkthrough on how to add this info to the shopping cart ( http://www.clubosc.c...e-shipping.html ) but that doesn't work for me on 2.3.1. I actually want it to show up in header.php (I have a mini-shopping cart in the header showing how many items are in the cart). When using this walkthrough, it correctly shows the "Spend $75 more to receive free shipping" but as soon as any item is in the cart, regardless of value, the whole thing disappears.

There are also some contributions that add this to the shopping cart in MS2, but I can't figure out how to get it to work in the header in 2.3.1.

Is there any easy way to add this to the header?

Surely there is a simple way of having a value (in my case, $75), then comparing that to the shopping cart total and calculating the difference, then once over that limit, changing the text.

Thanks heaps for any help!

Trent

The Club OsCommerce contribution for this DOES work.. I must have messed up somewhere when cutting and pasting. :)

Hi,

I have tried the Club osCommerce walkthrough on how to add this info to the shopping cart ( http://www.clubosc.c...e-shipping.html ) but that doesn't work for me on 2.3.1. I actually want it to show up in header.php (I have a mini-shopping cart in the header showing how many items are in the cart). When using this walkthrough, it correctly shows the "Spend $75 more to receive free shipping" but as soon as any item is in the cart, regardless of value, the whole thing disappears.

There are also some contributions that add this to the shopping cart in MS2, but I can't figure out how to get it to work in the header in 2.3.1.

Is there any easy way to add this to the header?

Surely there is a simple way of having a value (in my case, $75), then comparing that to the shopping cart total and calculating the difference, then once over that limit, changing the text.

Thanks heaps for any help!

Trent