• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is this Type of Shipping Possible

lordfoul

I have tried to research this but haven't really found an answer.

I am looking to set up my shipping to do the following.

Rules

1. All shipping is worldwide (no other zones)

2. There will be no shipping choices made by the customer (everything is international Air Mail)

Category Type 1.

Flat rate - First Item for $4 any additional items in this category are free

Category Type 2.

Each item will have its own shipping rate. Items in this category will always ship seperate (no combined or multi item discounts)

Category Type 3.

Each item will have its own shipping rate and its own additional item rate. Ideally shipping could be 'combined' for all items in this category. (eg. Shipping rate from Item A + additional shipping rate from item B)

If anyone has any Information, advice or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

yes, sort of type of shipping is possible

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Use MVS to set up the shipping Types. Then:

Type 1. First Item Plus shipping module.

Type 2. Individual Shipping module.

Type 3. Might need a custom modification to the Individual Shipping module.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Jim,

Thanks for the reply, I tried installing MVS but it made my install of OScommerce Inaccessible. After doing some reading on here on MVS I see that it is not compatible with OScommerce v2.3.1 . Am I understanding this correctly?

Use MVS to set up the shipping Types. Then:

Type 1. First Item Plus shipping module.

Type 2. Individual Shipping module.

Type 3. Might need a custom modification to the Individual Shipping module.

Regards

Jim

MVS can be used with osCommerce 2.3.1. You will need to copy the modifications from the included files to your files. See the instructions for dealing with modified files. There will also need to be some minor changes to update buttons etc.

Regards

Jim

Thank You again,

I have seen posts stating that the latest version is 1.2.4 yet I can not find anything newer than 1.2.3 is there a hard link to the newer version?.

I had read the section on modified files and have attempted to merge them in WinMerge, however everything is not clear. Some of the MVS files have lines like '// MVS' without any start or end and it it is unclear what if anything needs to be merged over. Additionally there are some files in the modified list (1.2) that are not in the same location as the default OScommerce layout. It is unclear whether the osCommerce or MVS layout should be the prevailing one.

In researching this I found that there have been others who did not understand the merging also and after a couple of posts they disappeared forever.

It would be really great if someone who does understand this process would upload a pack with the 34 files properly merged into the clean osComerce v2.3.1 files. It took me an hour to go through them with no understanding of what I was doing. I am sure it would take less time for a knowledgeable person to do it right and would probably save time from answering questions from new people such as myself.

MVS can be used with osCommerce 2.3.1. You will need to copy the modifications from the included files to your files. See the instructions for dealing with modified files. There will also need to be some minor changes to update buttons etc.

Regards

Jim

Version 1.2.4 is just 1.2.3 with a minor bugfix. It's in the download section but is not numbered.

Single line changes are marked with // MVS. This is covered in the readme.txt. You might want to read that file, and the other instructions as well.

34 files? There are 134 at least. I haven't counted them lately. If you can make all of the mods in an hour, without errors, you have my admiration. It takes me longer than that and I wrote half of them.

Changing the files is only the beginning of putting out a release. The modified store needs to be thoroughly tested and debugged. Then all of the changes need to be added to the instructions, which can take as long as it took to make the modifications in the first place. Once all of that is done, and checked carefully for errors, it can then be packaged and released. A package the size of MVS takes at least a day to do a decent release.

I wish I had the time to do that right now.

Regards

Jim

I looked in the download section I searched for MVS, I downloaded a bunch of unmarked stuff and none of it is v1.2.4 I don't understand why this has to be a treasure hunt. Others have asked for this also. You have been nice enough to take the time to answer me. Why not give me the exact answer.

There are only 34 files listed in section 1.2 is this incorrect?. I can not find anything in the readme that talks about what to do with a // MVS line that has no clear end. You mention other instructions could you tell me where they are?

I followed the instruction in your readme and yes it took about an hour to go through each of the 34 files. But of course it doesn't work because there apparently extra instructions that I am not aware of.

I am sorry for wasting your time. It seems you may have thought I was a PHP programmer when you offered up MVS as a possible solution and I was mistaken thinking I could get by without being one.

Version 1.2.4 is just 1.2.3 with a minor bugfix. It's in the download section but is not numbered.

Single line changes are marked with // MVS. This is covered in the readme.txt. You might want to read that file, and the other instructions as well.

34 files? There are 134 at least. I haven't counted them lately. If you can make all of the mods in an hour, without errors, you have my admiration. It takes me longer than that and I wrote half of them.

Changing the files is only the beginning of putting out a release. The modified store needs to be thoroughly tested and debugged. Then all of the changes need to be added to the instructions, which can take as long as it took to make the modifications in the first place. Once all of that is done, and checked carefully for errors, it can then be packaged and released. A package the size of MVS takes at least a day to do a decent release.

I wish I had the time to do that right now.

Regards

Jim

It's the 3 Mar 2010 release. The download file is MVS_1.2.3_1.zip. I didn't upload it, so don't bitch at me about the numbering.

From the readme.txt, section 3.3:

The modified

lines are tagged with:

----------

MVS

----------

for single line changes and with:

----------

MVS Start

<code>

MVS End

----------

for multi-line changes.

The additional instructions are listed in section 1.1 of the readme.txt and referenced elsewhere in the file. Again, I suggest that you go read those files.

No, I didn't assume that you were a programmer. I assumed that you could follow instructions.

I'm not going to force you to use this code. I provide it, or at least the portion that I wrote, for free, with no warranty. If you can use it, fine. If not, it's not my responsibility to make it work for you. If you don't like those terms, feel free to go elsewhere.

Thank You, using the file name I was able to find it in search. It was not listed under uploads for '3rd March 2010' but was listed here http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4129 under history and called 'Free Shipping w/min purchase' I am not blaming or bitching at you for this. But now at least it will be easier for the next person to find it (and ask you irritating questions about it.)

I did misread 3.3 where it said 'for single line changes' but the actions I took were the same as if I had read it correctly. (merge over the changed/added line) and I still only see 34 files listed in 1.2

Anyway I think it would be fruitless to bother you with any more questions I am sure your goal of making this 'mod' wasn't to create extra work for yourself.

It's the 3 Mar 2010 release. The download file is MVS_1.2.3_1.zip. I didn't upload it, so don't bitch at me about the numbering.

From the readme.txt, section 3.3:

The additional instructions are listed in section 1.1 of the readme.txt and referenced elsewhere in the file. Again, I suggest that you go read those files.

No, I didn't assume that you were a programmer. I assumed that you could follow instructions.

I'm not going to force you to use this code. I provide it, or at least the portion that I wrote, for free, with no warranty. If you can use it, fine. If not, it's not my responsibility to make it work for you. If you don't like those terms, feel free to go elsewhere.