• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Authorize Net AIM Problem

I just noticed an issue with my site.

I have OSC 2.2rc2a \

authorize.net AIM, When a customer shopping cart has more than around 25 items in it I get this during checkout after credit card payment is submitted "There has been an error processing your credit card

Please try again and if problems persist, please try another payment method." This only happens if the shopping cart has a lot of items in it and the payment goes through fine with a few items in the cart.

I noticed on the auth.net receipt that is emailed to the customer after a completed checkout, it has the items they purchased from my site on it.

I think what is happening is that it timing out or something sending the big shopping cart with the cust info and cc info.

I need help bad on this as it is hindering my sales and my livelyhood.

My site is 6yrs old and is supporting my family! Someone please help!

How can I prevent my AIM module from sending the shopping cart list to auth.net durring a credit card authorization?

I think this would fix my issue.

Someone must know

• 3 months later...

Hi Joe,

We noticed this problem as well. You're thinking exactly what I was that the script is timing out. There is a lot of stuff that happens when the customer processes an order and many lines of items tends to cause extra problems. My thinking was to actually limit the amount of unique items allowed in a basket but haven't had time to try and run any modifications yet. Did you find any solutions to the issue?

• 1 year later...