• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Global Price Adjuster

Hello,

I have been looking around for something were I can adjust pricing globally, let's say I want to increase the price with 5% on all products or have a week with 10% off on everything.

We have 2000 sku's and more coming so we can't do by hand.

Is there such an animal that can do this?

Please advise

Cheers

Try he Price Updater addon. This was designed for osC 2.2 so it will require some minor tweaking to install on 2.3.

Regards

Jim

Looks like it could be the ticket, but I have no idea how to modify it to work with 2.3.1

Cheers

The only thing that you need to change is the link to the file in the Catalog box. Try adding this to admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php:

array(
       'code' => FILENAME_PRICE_UPDATER,
       'title' => BOX_CATALOG_PRICE_UPDATER,
       'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRICE_UPDATER)
     ),

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

The only thing that you need to change is the link to the file in the Catalog box. Try adding this to admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php:

array(
       'code' => FILENAME_PRICE_UPDATER,
       'title' => BOX_CATALOG_PRICE_UPDATER,
       'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRICE_UPDATER)
     ),

Regards

Jim

Thxs, I will try that.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Hi, i have a problem with Price Adjuster Ver. 1.2

I have install it but when update the price change only the price base.

I have B2B intalled and have separate price for customer group.

Any idea ?

Many thks - Luigi from Italy.

Obviously the code doesn't know anything about your SPPC addon. You'll have to modify it to make the same changes to your new price fields that it makes to the existing products_price field.

Regards

Jim

• 9 months later...

I am trying to install Price Updater but some thing are not clear. I see that from version 1.2 to 1.3 there are new files included (aplication_top.php for example) and it is not commented what in this file is changed/added. I already have changed version of application_top.php so I can not just overwrite this file or any other one. I just can update it. Is there any support for this Price Updater where I could get answers ?

• 6 months later...

Hello,

i installed Price Updater for OSc 2.2 . Why doesn't prices change in subcategories? For example i have category - car springs and then subcategories car brands/car models/ products/ and then in this products subcategory springs from different manufacturer (it was easier for us to do so). Now i woud like to change price just for car springs for one manufacturer, but i can't do that because the prices in subcategory are not changed.... Is there any way to do this, please?

Here is how it looks like in categories:

category springs-

Subcategory car brands-

Subcategory car models-

Subcategory products (in this subcategory are my products from different manufaturers)

Now i need to change one manufacturer price in all Springs category, and i can't do that 'cause updater doesn't change prices for subcategories..... Is there any way to do this?

Thanky ou for help,

Best regards,

Zoran

Croatia

Why should the prices change in subcategories? Most stores are not arranged the way you have yours. Select each category that you want to change.

If you really need to have subcategories change, you'll need to modify the code. The tep_get_subcategories() function will give you an array of subcategory IDs that you can use to make the change.

Regards

Jim