• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Lost webmaster - Need short term fixes and long term help

saycanyouc

I've been thrust into a situation where my website developer/webmaster has disappeared and my website has issues. Unfortunately I don't know much about fixing errors with the code. I'll outline the issues and perhaps someone can steer me in the right direction.

Site is hosted by Lunarpages: truespindental.com

There is text at the top of the home page:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/trues12/public_html/index.php(1) : eval()'d code:37) in /home/trues12/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/trues12/public_html/index.php(1) : eval()'d code:37) in /home/trues12/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Also, some users are getting a message from their antivirus software that the site is unsafe. This has gone on intermittently for months. The website designer tried various fixes including reloading the whole site and with each repair said it was fixed.

What do I do to clean this stuff up and to manage the website long term?

Thanks so much, Steve

Steve,

You have to identify the malicious code and anomalous files and remove them. Once you are 100% certain you have removed all of the 'bad stuff', then secure the website using the information found here: Admin Security and Website Security

As always you can get unlimited help here in the forum, but if you find you need professional help, you can look at members 'about me' tabs for other options.

Chris

Judging from the error text I'd say it's hacked - again...

:o

Visit the link below:

How to Secure Your Site

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

The suggestions were outstanding. The error message is gone and the Google Alert doesn't pop up anymore. I don't understand how and where to insert security files to prevent future attacks. I am a novice at this. Can someone spell out what to download then where and how to insert the security files?

Thanks a million,

Steve

Steven,

I did spell out where to get the security contributions on my previous post. As for spelling out how to install them, each contribution has installation instructions.

Chris

Archived