usu5 XML Site Maps

I uploaded the directory

However from below I can only see in my public html

sitemapIndex.xml

sitemapCategories.xml

These 2 are not there

sitemapProducts.xml

sitemapManufacturers.xml

Does this mean it is something I have done wrong somewhere or these files are generated automatically after while?

Kind Regards

You should get all four, provided you have products and manufacturers.

What happens when you enter into your web address www.yoursite.com/googlesitemap/index.php? Do you get the sitemaps created successfully message?

Thank You for the reply,

If I do it the way you mention

www.mydomain.com/googlesitemap/index.php

It shows this message

Not Found

The requested URL /googlesitemap/index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

-

In the folder included with the Ultimate_Seo_Urls_5_PRO_r205 in extras there is usu5 XML Site Maps

But it's in folder called usu5 XML Site Maps / index.php

There are no other file, instructions say you should upload which I did.

Kind Regards

There is a google sitemap addon, which I thought you were using. You should then try

www.yoursite.com/usu5_sitemaps/index.php OR

www.yoursite.com/catalog/usu5_sitemaps/index.php

and see what happens.

There is a google sitemap addon, which I thought you were using. You should then try

www.yoursite.com/usu5_sitemaps/index.php OR

www.yoursite.com/catalog/usu5_sitemaps/index.php

and see what happens.

I tested this and it works fine - the generation of the sitemaps. There is no screen output though to confirm. There must be something missing in your installation, hard to say without seeing your site.

Hello Again

Thank you for your reply

I sent details in message to you.

Please check

Kind Regards

I can see the contents of the manufacturers and products XMLs on your website. If you want them to be generated automatically then you need to setup the cronjob in the instructions file. You might have to ask your host technical support for assistance with that.

Hello There

Thank you for the kind reply

I think this can be done with cPanel but I have never written cron job before so not sure what to write, also is this something that has to be done once? or everyday

Kind Regards

Hello There

Thank you for the kind reply

I think this can be done with cPanel but I have never written cron job before so not sure what to write, also is this something that has to be done once? or everyday

Kind Regards

Hi

It is something you set once from within your control panel. The cron command is in the install package, ask your host's technical support to help you with setting it up within cpanel.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello There

Thank you for your kind reply,

It seems to have created all 4 files now by itself without cron job, before it only created 2 as I mentioned in the first post.

Please can you kindly explain if possible, with this add on, and Ultimate_Seo_Urls_5_PRO_r205 and KissMT_1.0_r72_RC

When results are shown for a particular model or item in searche engine like google,

I find that it doesnt take the user to that page, please can you explain what I need to do or which add on I need to install to achieve this,

I have asked few other posts on here but no one has replied, I dont know what I should be searching for.

Once again thank you for you kind replies,

Much appreciated

Thank you for your reply once again

Is there any reason why it is not taking the user to the correct page, when searching for product.

I am not programmer at all, and totally new to oscommerce and I follow instructions for installing the mentioned add on but I cant undetand what I can be doing wrong.

Thank you once again for your kind reply.

Thank you for your reply once again

Is there any reason why it is not taking the user to the correct page, when searching for product.

I am not programmer at all, and totally new to oscommerce and I follow instructions for installing the mentioned add on but I cant undetand what I can be doing wrong.

Thank you once again for your kind reply.

Searching from where? Do you mean in Google search results?

Your onsite search seems to be working fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

Thank you for the reply

Sorry for delay in replying.

Yes, searching from google.

I cant find any products say if I use a particualr model number search in google it doesnt display my shop link for majority of products -

When it does if I click it it takes me to another page, or new products but not the actual page.

KissMT_1.0_r72_RC

Ultimate_Seo_Urls_5_PRO_r205

usu5 XML Site Maps

So far I have installed the above add ons, I am thinkinf of installing

Sitemap_SEO_V_1.7

As I read this created sitemap for the which can be used by USERS of the website, not the search engines

Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong or why am I not getting any results please?

Kind Regards

Archived