• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Feedback on my new Pet Store, please.

What have I missed? There's bound to be something, isn't there (apart from the fact that there's only ten products, so far)?

My site is: http://www.woofsandwags.co.uk/

I have bodged a slideshow at the top of the front page, which I know won't be to everyone's taste, but it only runs once and then stops, so it's not too annoying!

I've made the checkout as user-friendly as I would want it to be (I'm a fan of multi-page checkouts, just not too many pages!), thanks to the help of the osCommerce community. I've done the information pages, though in as succinct manner as possible, apart from the more verbose "About Us" page, which I think is important.

I like the font (and font colour) on the header photo, so I've tried to carry on using that font elsewhere, but I'm less sure about the box header colour (but so far, I can't find anything which better fits in with the top photo, which I think is perfect for a Pet Store).

So, any advice? Notice something wrong? Something that just doesn't look right? Tell me! I can take it (at least until I go away and sulk for a week).

I know that the category box header disappears in IE6, but I'm prepared to live with that as it apparently works OK in later versions of IE.

You're right, the colors are not a good match for your logo. The Cart Contents/Checkout/My Account buttons don't match well either. Try this color tool.

Empty categories are a bad idea. I presume you are going to put some products in there. If not, get rid of them.

Buttons have insufficient contrast from the page background. Try this tool.

Sorry for the quick review; I'm running short on time.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

You're right, the colors are not a good match for your logo. The Cart Contents/Checkout/My Account buttons don't match well either. Try this color tool.

Empty categories are a bad idea. I presume you are going to put some products in there. If not, get rid of them.

Buttons have insufficient contrast from the page background. Try this tool.

Sorry for the quick review; I'm running short on time.

Regards

Jim

Thanks for your comments (quick or otherwise) and for the interesting links, which I have been playing with for a while. Yes, I am going to fill up the categories. The plan is to have about 300 products in there within the next few weeks - I've already done many of the photos. I've just been making sure that everything works properly before sticking a lot of stuff in there.

Even with those useful links, I don't know whether to go for boring grey/brown or a more adventurous purple or green. I've gone with the boring grey/brown for the meantime, on the basis that the products are what should catch the customer's eye, not the site. But I may change my mind later on.

I think the buttons lack of contrast came from me not knowing what I was doing on the JQuery site. I still don't, really, but I'm learning a bit as I go along.

Thanks again for taking the time to have a look at the site and then to pass your views on to me.

Archived