• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin Folder Name on 403 Error Page

altoid

I was signing on to the admin side of a 2.3.1 shop I was working on this evening and after the sign on info was entered I was taken to a 403 error page, and there was my admin directory on the page. Such as

myadminfolder/login.php

You are forbidden access.

So I signed back in, and all went well.

But that hiccup was interesting, being that my admin folder was there for viewing.

My host allows custom error pages so I went in and made one up that doesn't throw the admin directory out there for others to see. But that this happened got my attention for sure.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Interesting, but you only got it because you entered the admin name as part of the url,

Now had you got the name using another url - like www.brute-force-the-admin-folder-on-this-site.php then that would be the time to start worrying

My store is currently running Phoenix 1.0.3.0

I'm currently working on 1.0.7.2 and hope to get it live before 1.0.8.0 arrives (maybe 🙄 )

I used to have a list of add-ons here but I've found that with the ones that supporters of Phoenix get any other add-ons are not really neccessary

Interesting, but you only got it because you entered the admin name as part of the url,

Now had you got the name using another url - like www.brute-force-the-admin-folder-on-this-site.php then that would be the time to start worrying

I agree Julian, obviously I was going through the sign in process wherein I had to know the particulars to even get there. Just getting that 403 with that folder info right there on the error page spiked my interested level a tad. Curiously on the 2.3.1 shop there's an occasional hiccup that throws the 403, even on shop side. This doesn't happen on the 2.2 shops. It's only very infrequent this happens so I haven't pursued it much.

Thanks....

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Archived