• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PWA reveals previous customers address info

Hi,

A customer has recently reported that when using the 'Straight to Checkout' option in the Purchase Without Account contribution, that the checkout_shipping_address.php page shows the addresses of previous PWA customers. Instead of being given the option to enter a new address he is presented with a list of PWA customers addresses and asked to choose one.

Strangely enough this only happens on my live website. On my local server PWA works as it should. This leads me to believe that something about my live (SSL) url is causing the PWA malfunction:

Live Website

https://sslrelay.com/mywebsite.co.uk/checkout_shipping_address.php?osCsid=81ddf75b056a71f7eb249a2e92875163

Local Server

http://www.localdevelopmentserver.com/mywebsite/checkout_shipping_address.php

I have triple checked and my checkout_shipping_address.php pages are identical on my local and live websites.

Anyone have any idea what is going on? Any help will be much appreciated.

Nick,

I would check the sessions settings in admin.

The last two lines should appear like this:

Prevent Spider Sessions True

Recreate Session True

If that does not resolve the issue, check your PWA installation as I believe there should be a line of code to clear the session (sorry, I don't remember where it is).

Chris

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the help.

My session settings are ok in admin ...so I guess I'm missing the code to end the session. I've googled for similar problems but i'm not coming up with much. If you have any ideas let me know.

Many thanks

Nick

Nick,

I would check the sessions settings in admin.

The last two lines should appear like this:

Prevent Spider Sessions True

Recreate Session True

If that does not resolve the issue, check your PWA installation as I believe there should be a line of code to clear the session (sorry, I don't remember where it is).

Chris

Ok ...after taking a closer look at the customer addresses appearing on the checkout_shipping_address.php page I can see that they are not past PWA customers. I assumed that this was the case because each has a customer_id of 0. However, they are actually Paypal Express Checkout IPN customers (who are also given the customer_id of 0).

Any ideas how I might adapt PWA such that these customer addresses do not appear?

I've now figured this out.

I had to update ec_shipping.php such that it contained PWA modifications (use a file compare program). I also had to update a function in includes/functions/general.php. The modded function is shown below:

function tep_count_customer_address_book_entries($id = '', $check_session = true) {

global $customer_id;

if (is_numeric($id) == false) {

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') and $customer_id != '0') {

$id = $customer_id;

} else {

return 0;

}

}

I hope this helps anyone with both PWA and Paypal Express Checkout IPN installed.

Hi Nick,

I knew that it had a session clearing function somewhere, sorry I was not able to pin point it for you but now that you have it in the right place hopefully it will work well for you.

Chris