• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

MVS 1.2.3 with OSC 2.3 (SHIPPING MODULES)

osc_custom

I'm trying to install MVS to OSC 2.3. I think I got it installed, but with a few bugs. I'm wondering about the "includes/modules/vendors_shipping" directory. The regular shipping modules are stored in "includes/modules/shipping" and in admin the modules directory still says the default shipping directory. Should this be changed to vendors_shipping directory after patching

all the files in the instructions, or should I put the modded modules in the regular shipping directory?

I guess this would answer some other questions I have about some of the errors that I am getting. When I try to install the modded table shipping module I get the following error:

Warning: Missing argument 1 for table::keys(), called in

/home/www/example.com/admin/modules.php on line 155 and defined in

/home/www/example.com/includes/modules/shipping/table.php on line 224

Thanks in advance for the help!

All the best,

Clarence

The MVS modules need to stay in the includes/modules/vendors_shipping directory. They are modified from the original modules, so they get their own directory. This allows MVS to be turned off if not needed or for testing.

Your error message is referring to the original module, not the MVS modified one. This tells me that you have MVS turned off in your Admin >> Configuration >> Shipping/Packaging >> Enable Vendor Shipping. If that is set to true, you have some missing file mods somewhere.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

The MVS modules need to stay in the includes/modules/vendors_shipping directory. They are modified from the original modules, so they get their own directory. This allows MVS to be turned off if not needed or for testing.

Your error message is referring to the original module, not the MVS modified one. This tells me that you have MVS turned off in your Admin >> Configuration >> Shipping/Packaging >> Enable Vendor Shipping. If that is set to true, you have some missing file mods somewhere.

Regards

Jim

Hey Jim, thanks for you fast reply and help with this.

I already had Vendor Shipping enabled, and the error was due to me putting the modded table module in the regular "shipping" directory. Thankfully, before I mod anything I always keep backups :-)

I just put back the original table file in the shipping directory, and put the modded table file in vendors_shipping. No errors on the admin side, but now during checkout, it won't get past checkout_shipping.php. I get "Error: You have not selected a shipping method for all groups of products. Please select one shipping method for each group of products below."

I sure hope I didn't miss any files to mod. When I installed I went over everything with a fine tooth come, considering the 134 files.

Do you have any suggestions on trouble shooting which mod files are missing, if in fact, any are missing? Also, in admin, under shipping modules, when Vender Shipping is enabled, I don't see the options for the new modules to install. Since, MVS 1.2.3 was intended for OSC 2.2 -- when clicking on Vendors tab in admin, the left column displays differently, too. Not sure if there should be any sub-links under the vendors tab in admins? I currently don't see any.

Thanks and all the best,

Clarence

You will need to modify the admin/includes/boxes/vendors.php to make it work with 2.3.1. The file should look like this:

<?php
/*
 $Id: vendors.php $
 $Loc: /catalog/admin/includes/boxes/ $
 $Mod: MVS V1.3 2010/02/28 Kymation $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2011 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

$cl_box_groups[] = array(
   'heading' => BOX_HEADING_VENDORS,
   'apps' => array(
     array(
       'code' => FILENAME_VENDORS,
       'title' => BOX_VENDORS,
       'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_VENDORS)
     ),
     array(
       'code' => FILENAME_PRODS_VENDORS,
       'title' => BOX_VENDORS_REPORTS_PROD,
       'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODS_VENDORS)
     ),
     array(
       'code' => FILENAME_ORDERS_VENDORS,
       'title' => BOX_VENDORS_ORDERS,
       'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_VENDORS)
     ),
     array(
       'code' => FILENAME_MOVE_VENDORS,
       'title' => BOX_MOVE_VENDOR_PRODS,
       'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_MOVE_VENDORS)
     )
   )
 );
?>

You need to use the Vendor Manager to install shipping modules for each vendor. See the usage.txt file in the MVS distribution for instructions.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim!

I went ahead and updated the vendors box and it now displays correctly :-) I then installed the table module to a vendor, assigned a product to a vendor, tested a product from that vendor, but still did not get past checkout_shipping.php.

For some reason, the shipping table options for that vendor is not being displayed on checkout_shipping.php either. :huh:

Does anything need to be modded in the checkout_shipping.php (OSC 2.3) file to make it pass that stage and display the shipping rate properly for the vendor?

Thanks,

Clarence

Yes, checkout_skipping.php has several changes for MVS. I recommend comparing your file to the version in the MVS distribution. The MVS changes are marked.

Regards

Jim

Perfect!!

Don't know how I missed modding the checkout_shipping.php the first time... I just updated it and it led me to discover other mods that I somehow missed. I also need to update the "new files" distributed with the MVS 1.2.3 to fix some display issues with OSC 2.3 (removing the table structures and replacing with divs...).

I'll keep updating till perfect and report back here when I update all the files.

I really appreciate your help Jim :D

Have a great night!

Clarence

It's a success!

Just passed all stages of checkout :lol:

Just working on the display of checkout_shipping.php right now...

Also, need to mod how the e-mail is displayed to the manufacturer.

You are a life saver! Many thanks Jim :)

All the best,

Clarence

Hi Jim,

By chance, do you have the vendor_shipping module updated for OSC 2.3?

I am working through how it displays through checkout_shipping.php, and was just curious if you have already worked on that part of it yet.

Thanks,

Clarence

I have, but that page has some other mods on it as well. Give me a chance to get MVS separated out. I'm in the middle of recovering a crashed site right now.

Regards

Jim

I have, but that page has some other mods on it as well. Give me a chance to get MVS separated out. I'm in the middle of recovering a crashed site right now.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim, I got the display working okay, but something is happening with the display with a friend of mine viewing it overseas... I would like to PM you the screenshots to see if you know what is going on.

It deals specifically with displaying the shipping options on Checkout_shipping.php. The shipping seems to be hidden from my friend overseas, but is displayed for me. Just wanted to get you thoughts on it, if you have time to look.

Thanks,

Clarence

Email them to me if you want. Have you checked Zones? If you are using Zone settings on a shipping module, anyone outside that zone will not see that module's quotes.

Regards

Jim

Email them to me if you want. Have you checked Zones? If you are using Zone settings on a shipping module, anyone outside that zone will not see that module's quotes.

Regards

Jim

Makes perfect sense... It's outside of the shipping zone. Going to have my friend set up a new test account to test the shipping module within the shipping zone.

Thanks so much for all of your great help with this. Sometimes I get lost working, as I call it, "inside the forrest," and it's nice to have an objective view from someone "who can see into the forrest." :thumbsup:

Will report back on the forum with the results, 99.9% confident that that is the issue B)

All the best,

Clarence

I often have trouble seeing the forest because there are too many trees around here. Nice to know I'm not the only one.

Regards

Jim

Hi,

I am using OSC 2.3.1 and having same problem with paypal express overriding free shipping.

I tried to replace the code in the express.php

// select cheapest shipping method

$shipping = $shipping_modules->cheapest();

$shipping = $shipping['id'];

}

}

}

if (strpos($shipping, '_')) {

list($module, $method) = explode('_', $shipping);

if ( is_object($$module) || ($shipping == 'free_free') ) {

if ($shipping == 'free_free') {

$quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] = FREE_SHIPPING_TITLE;

$quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost'] = '0';

} else {

$quote = $shipping_modules->quote($method, $module);

}

if (isset($quote['error'])) {

tep_session_unregister('shipping');

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));

} else {

if ( (isset($quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'])) && (isset($quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost'])) ) {

$shipping = array('id' => $shipping,

'title' => (($free_shipping == true) ? $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] : $quote[0]['module'] . ' (' . $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] . ')'),

'cost' => $quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost']);

}

}

}

}

With this:

// load the selected shipping module

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shipping.php');

$shipping_modules = new shipping($shipping);

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');

$order_total_modules = new order_total;

_________________________________________________________________________________

With this solution,I get the following:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSE in /home/namadisk/public_html/ext/modules/payment/paypal/express.php on line 472

Is there anything that one can change in this code to make it work--

// select cheapest shipping method

$shipping = $shipping_modules->cheapest();

$shipping = $shipping['id'];

}

}

}

if (strpos($shipping, '_')) {

list($module, $method) = explode('_', $shipping);

if ( is_object($$module) || ($shipping == 'free_free') ) {

if ($shipping == 'free_free') {

$quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] = FREE_SHIPPING_TITLE;

$quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost'] = '0';

} else {

$quote = $shipping_modules->quote($method, $module);

}

if (isset($quote['error'])) {

tep_session_unregister('shipping');

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));

} else {

if ( (isset($quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'])) && (isset($quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost'])) ) {

$shipping = array('id' => $shipping,

'title' => (($free_shipping == true) ? $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] : $quote[0]['module'] . ' (' . $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] . ')'),

'cost' => $quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost']);

}

}

}

}

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please help !!!!!

Best Regards

There are some posts in the MVS support thread about modifying Paypal for MVS. Did you look there?

Regards

Jim

Thanks for replaying Jim

I have given MVS installation to someone else hopefully it works out fine.

In meantime I have found free shipping contribution per category and that appears to be working fine with PayPal.

Many Thanks

Best Regards

Jack

OK, I'm totally new to oscommerce, but am looking at it specifically for the functionality described by this module. The problems is that in looking at the instructions described above, and in the "readme" file, I'm not seeing the directory structure described at all. I have installed osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.1, and it describes itself as properly installed.

Can someone tell me why I'm not seeing the CATALOG directory?

As always on this forum, "catalog" refers to the directory that you have osCommerce installed in. Only you know what that directory is actually named.

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to report back that I got the shipping zones all sorted out from my last post, thanks to kymation. I'm working now on getting the vendor name(s) to appear on the customer's confirmation e-mail. Any idea on the best way to do this through checkout_process.php?

Thanks,

Clarence

$vendors_name is displaying fine in the vendor's e-mail, but have had less luck with getting it displayed in the store/customer e-mail confirmation.

I see that in the second line of the e-mail, it is displayed in the $email as $the_name. Here is a sample of the code for vendor's e-mail from checkout_process.php:

$the_name = $vendor_products[$l]['Vname'];
       $the_contact = $vendor_products[$l]['Vcontact'];
       $email = '<b>To: ' . $the_contact . '  </b>' . "\n" . 
                $the_name . "\n" . 

So now I just need to get the vendors name(s) in the customer e-mail, by each product displayed (kind of out-of-the-norm to display the vendors for the customer, but if there is a way to do this, then that would be great):

$email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_PRODUCTS . "\n" . 
                 EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . 
                 $products_ordered . 
                 EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n";

All the best,

Clarence

• 6 months later...

I downloaded and installed (copied over the files to a fresh install) MVS 1.2.3 to OSC 2.3.1. Having lots of problem, that after reading I understand that it was designed for OSC2.2 . I also saw some references to instructions on how to install it to a 2.3.1 but am unable to find that documentation. Can someone point me to it, or better yet, offer their services to install it on my server?

• 5 months later...

it seems that we are having the same problem....i just newly installed mvs 1.2.3 tp osc 2.3.1 and my site doesn't come out....error http 500 is coming out from the screen. i should have known to install on osc2.2. but where is the documentation you are talking about/ how i wish someone could post it here. if you have found the way please do share it with me. thanks a lot!!!

• 5 months later...

Regards

Jim

@ kymation

Hi Jim,

Do you have updated MVS for osC2.3.1?

I know you are quite busy, hopefully this will be on your to do list.

It is a big module and hard for me who doesn't know code well to convert from osc 2.2. to osc 2.3.x...

Many thanks in advance.

Lyn