Latest News: (loading..)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

syscon

Dashboard - Error Log

12 posts in this topic

When I login to ver.3 I get error time function:

Dashboard - Error log:

04/02/2011 07:45:22 PHP Warning: strftime() [<a href='function.strftime'>functi..

04/02/2011 07:45:22 PHP Warning: mktime() [<a href='function.mktime'>function.m..

04/02/2011 07:45:22 PHP Warning: date() [<a href='function.date'>function.date<..

04/02/2011 07:45:22 PHP Warning: mktime() [<a href='function.mktime'>function.m..

04/02/2011 07:45:22 PHP Warning: date() [<a href='function.date'>function.date<..

04/02/2011 07:45:22 PHP Warning: strftime() [<a href='function.strftime'>functi..

How to fix it?

Hi Joseph..

Could you post the full error message?

Thanks,

Hi Harald,

Here it is:

PHP Warning: strftime() [<a href='function.strftime'>function.strftime</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Denver' for 'MDT/-6.0/DST' instead in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/sysconcept_ca/oscommerce/osCommerce/OM/Core/DateTime.php on line 37

PHP Warning: mktime() [<a href='function.mktime'>function.mktime</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Denver' for 'MDT/-6.0/DST' instead in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/sysconcept_ca/oscommerce/osCommerce/OM/Core/DateTime.php on line 37

PHP Warning: date() [<a href='function.date'>function.date</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Denver' for 'MDT/-6.0/DST' instead in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/sysconcept_ca/oscommerce/osCommerce/OM/Core/DateTime.php on line 36

PHP Warning: mktime() [<a href='function.mktime'>function.mktime</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Denver' for 'MDT/-6.0/DST' instead in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/sysconcept_ca/oscommerce/osCommerce/OM/Core/DateTime.php on line 36

PHP Warning: date() [<a href='function.date'>function.date</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Denver' for 'MDT/-6.0/DST' instead in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/sysconcept_ca/oscommerce/osCommerce/OM/Core/DateTime.php on line 84

PHP Warning: strftime() [<a href='function.strftime'>function.strftime</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Denver' for 'MDT/-6.0/DST' instead in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/sysconcept_ca/oscommerce/osCommerce/OM/Core/DateTime.php on line 37

Regards,

I created a php.ini at my installation's root with the following line and it worked fine.

date.timezone=America/New_York

Obviously use whatever time zone you want. Also, not sure if this is a quick fix to a bigger bug, but it works fine for me now. This might be the best fix for me anyway since my hosting provider's servers are in a different time zone than me anyway, and I'd like it to use my local time zone.

Best,

Josh Hanson

happyorc likes this

Hi Josh..

That is absolutely the best solution to the issue :-) The issue is with an incorrectly configured PHP installation.

We can detect this though and fix appropriately, and will be included in the first v3.0.1 update package.

Kind regards,

I created a php.ini at my installation's root with the following line and it worked fine.

Obviously use whatever time zone you want. Also, not sure if this is a quick fix to a bigger bug, but it works fine for me now. This might be the best fix for me anyway since my hosting provider's servers are in a different time zone than me anyway, and I'd like it to use my local time zone.

Best,

Josh Hanson

I've tried your solution, created file php.ini with one line:

date.timezone=Canada/Mountain

in the root directory

/var/www/localhost/htdocs/oscommerce

and restarted apache server.

but it is not working. I've tried to modify: /etc/php/cli-php5.3/php.ini but still same error.

What am I doing wrong?

I don't have it at my php install directory, I have it at the location of my oscommerce directory next to the top level index.php file. Try it there. Let me know if it works.

Best,

Josh

This is the exact spot I put php.ini in, root server directory; there are only two files:

-rw-r--r-- 1 apache apache 554 Apr 1 18:32 index.php

drwxr-xr-x 3 apache apache 4096 Apr 1 18:32 osCommerce

-rw-r--r-- 1 apache apache 31 Apr 3 14:41 php.ini

drwxr-xr-x 6 apache apache 4096 Apr 1 18:32 public

Best,

Josh Hanson

works great