• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tag Controller & Admin, categories.php

equies

Hi all,

I'm having problems installing the header tag controller and admin.

Are there any compatibility issues with my snapshot: tep_snapshot-20021020?

The header tag controller seems to be working fine, with the default Meta tags showing. I would however like to get the admin working in order to show the tags for the product pages etc.

When going to the categories page of admin I just get a blank page, so I would assume that is where the problem is?

I've re-edited the file three times without success!

I would post a copy of the file but it is about a thousand lines long so if you'd like to see it I'll post it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Philippe

SmokeAndPayLess.com

• 3 years later...
Hi all,

I'm having problems installing the header tag controller and admin.

Are there any compatibility issues with my snapshot: tep_snapshot-20021020?

The header tag controller seems to be working fine, with the default Meta tags showing. I would however like to get the admin working in order to show the tags for the product pages etc.

When going to the categories page of admin I just get a blank page, so I would assume that is where the problem is?

I've re-edited the file three times without success!

I would post a copy of the file but it is about a thousand lines long so if you'd like to see it I'll post it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Philippe

SmokeAndPayLess.com

I have exactly the same problem. No errors for me to look into. I'm wondering if anyone has a quick hint on this, without putting into too much time.

Header Tags works fine with all of the versions. The problem is mostly a mistake in the edits for categories.php. There is a categories.php file in contribution. Just upload that and see if it fixes the problem. If it does, then that is where the problem is at and you will need to compare the files to find the error. One thing to look for before you to that though is that a blank page can happen if you copy the file that goes in the english directory into the root directory. They have the same name so this is a common problem.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...
Header Tags works fine with all of the versions. The problem is mostly a mistake in the edits for categories.php. There is a categories.php file in contribution. Just upload that and see if it fixes the problem. If it does, then that is where the problem is at and you will need to compare the files to find the error. One thing to look for before you to that though is that a blank page can happen if you copy the file that goes in the english directory into the root directory. They have the same name so this is a common problem.

Jack

Thanks Jack. I got it down!