• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Using Paypal Website Standard for more than one site.

Davefromcornwall

Hi, I already have one osCommerce site and am trying to set up another, but I'm running into problems.

Problem 1:

The customer buys his item and goes to pay at the Paypal site, where he is greeted by the email address for the other Paypal site in huge letters at the top of the page. I suppose we could get a neutral email address for Paypal, but I'd prefer it if I could use dedicated email addresses for each site. Is this possible and if so, how?

Problem 2:

I don't know if this actually happens, because I haven't got that far in the checkout process, but I think the customer will get redirected back to the other site, rather than the new one, which would be very undesirable.

Problem 3:

I am getting sporadic "This invoice has already been paid" errors. I've looked around the forum for previous answers, but most of them seem to refer to Paypal IPN.

I feel like I'm missing something really simple (or is that just wishful thinking!) like creating a new profile for a new site in the same Paypal account, which would solve most of these problems, but I can't see how to do that.

I'm very confused at the minute and any help from those with more experience of Paypal would be really welcome.

Thanks for reading.

Hi, I already have one osCommerce site and am trying to set up another, but I'm running into problems.

Problem 1:

The customer buys his item and goes to pay at the Paypal site, where he is greeted by the email address for the other Paypal site in huge letters at the top of the page. I suppose we could get a neutral email address for Paypal, but I'd prefer it if I could use dedicated email addresses for each site. Is this possible and if so, how?

Problem 2:

I don't know if this actually happens, because I haven't got that far in the checkout process, but I think the customer will get redirected back to the other site, rather than the new one, which would be very undesirable.

Problem 3:

I am getting sporadic "This invoice has already been paid" errors. I've looked around the forum for previous answers, but most of them seem to refer to Paypal IPN.

I feel like I'm missing something really simple (or is that just wishful thinking!) like creating a new profile for a new site in the same Paypal account, which would solve most of these problems, but I can't see how to do that.

I'm very confused at the minute and any help from those with more experience of Paypal would be really welcome.

Thanks for reading.

Problem 3

I had this problem when using Google chrome but not other browsers. Not sure if this helps

Problem 3

I had this problem when using Google chrome but not other browsers. Not sure if this helps

Thanks, but it doesn't really help much, I don't think. I don't use Chrome at all. I use Firefox mostly. So it doesn't look like a browser-specific problem, which is at least some help, I suppose.

Thanks, but it doesn't really help much, I don't think. I don't use Chrome at all. I use Firefox mostly. So it doesn't look like a browser-specific problem, which is at least some help, I suppose.

I have been doing some research and found a similar thread on another cart. Basically there are 2 options

1. Create your Paypal account with a generic name which would cover both sites (I thought about having a holding company or group of companies name)

2. Open a seperate Paypal account with a different bank account

I have been doing some research and found a similar thread on another cart. Basically there are 2 options

1. Create your Paypal account with a generic name which would cover both sites (I thought about having a holding company or group of companies name)

2. Open a seperate Paypal account with a different bank account

Thanks for that. Yeah, I've decided to go with "1." and got a more general email address for the Paypal account, which will serve both stores without confusing the customer too much.

Since then, I've had a friend buy a product, pay with Paypal and tell me where they got redirected to and it all went smoothly and they were redirected back to the site that they bought the item from, so my "Problem 2" doesn't look to be a problem.

I'll keep an eye out to see how often the "This invoice has already been paid" errors occur and see what I can do about it if it does happen too often.

Thanks again for your help.