• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Tab Menu Section (TMS)

Ausgirl

Hi,

I have TMS (Tab Menu Section) installed. I have named a tab "Availability"

Rather than have "In Stock" written under this tab. I was hoping it would be possible to show the stock count for each product so that it

would say something like "X amount in stock"

If someone could suggest how to achieve this it would be much appreciated

Thanks

• 1 year later...

I finally figured out how to post the product photo to one of the tabs (not useful, though) - I'd rather add stuff like "Specs" or "Details". I definitely DON'T want to add text that is applied to EVERY product (like that supplied by the contrib).

I guess I could create new fields in the product description table... a real stretch of my limited phpmyadmin/mySQL skills - along with the appropriate text boxes in the new product admin page... another stretch of my limited PHP skills - AND the php coding necessary to show the text fields in tabs on the product_info page.

I suppose I could post product reviews to one of the tabs... when and if I can figure out how to do that.

I love the concept - just want to get some ideas on how to implement it.

Edited by jbennette

Steep learning curve? Hell, I don't even know enough to formulate a stupid question!!

You could use the Products Specifications addon. It already has tabs for specifications, reviews, photos, and pretty much anything else you would want to use. See the link in my sig.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

You could use the Products Specifications addon.

Thanks, Jim. Unfortunately, that plugin does not seem to work in OSC v.2.3.1.

Steep learning curve? Hell, I don't even know enough to formulate a stupid question!!

It works just fine in 2.3.1. I have it installed and running on 5 sites. If you're having problems with the install, post a question in the support thread and we'll help.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Jim. Thanks. This looks like my error - I managed to download the wrong contrib version. I'm looking forward to installing the correct version after reinstalling a new version of OSC v2.3.1.