• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

First steps of new store - design finished, but little else!

http://www.healthykids.co.uk/index.php

Not live - only one product in the store! Lots to finish when the store owner sends me the details - but anything terribly wrong? I have tried to breakout from the OSC mould a bit - but with disasterous results in NS4.7 (who cares?)

There are some notes there for the site owner.

What does the text say under the logo? I couldn't read it since the font is too small to allow for proper contrast with the color issues that I have.

You should allow the text to scale when the person scales their font settings in their browser. Doesn't work in Internet Explorer.

Other than not being able to read all the text, the site looks good.

Paul,

I love the graphics and style! looks great until you get to the create_account...the gray background doesn't fit. How about a paler shade of gold? A bit lighter than the boxes?

Other than not being able to read all the text, the site looks good.

I have to agree, a lot of the text, particularly in the smaller sizes is a bit difficult for me to read. For the small text, have you considered using verdana at all? The design of verdana means that it renders very well at smaller sizes, much more so than arial or tahoma do.

Also the gold text used in the infobox headings etc doesn't seem to have enough contrast against the green bg's. Try turning down the contrast and brightness on your monitor and taking another look at them. The reason I say this is, when monitors get older the first thing that seems to go on them is the brightness/contrast, and there are lots of people out there using cruddy old monitors. Maybe if you used the same colour for the text, but used it in a bold typeface it would alleviate the problem.

Archived