• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

inflated delivery costs!

Lobster101

Hi everybody

i have just installed the Royal Mail international and european shipping module.

I am having problems with the postage rates at the checkout stage. They seem to be over-inflated.

In the admin area of my store - under the European Option, I entered the following string:

0.01:1.24,0.02:1.24,0.04:1.24,0.06:1.24,0.08:1.24,0.1:1.24................etc etc

For some reason, it gives a high value for delivery on a product which weighs 250 grams (entered 0.25 within the product listing). This high delivery cost doesn't correlate with the entered rates from above.

This also happened when I tried to install the UK 1st Class option. The delivery rates seem to be over-priced.

Where am I going wrong?? What do I need to change in order to get this to comply?

Janet,

Have you set the tare weight to zero in the admin>>configuration>>shipping/packaging area ? The default it 3, set it to 0

Chris

Chris - you're a star!

Thank you for your help. That was it!

Mind you - it seems to still be 30 to 50p more than what my spreadsheet is showing, but i dont think that should matter.

You've been a great help.

Thanks again

:)