• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Issue with OsCommerce and Authorize.net SIM module

leonardoborbon.com

I've pretty much come to the end of the road of a very long website development project built on OsCommerce. I decided to use this cart since it had all of the features I needed for my project and it was open source. At the moment the entire site and all of the products are ready to go but I keep getting an error when I return from the Authorize.net SIM form. I've check this in test and live mode within Authorize.net with the same results everytime. Authorize.net is getting the payment thats made but when the ok button is clicked on the SIM form it returns back to my site with an error message displayed and the address of the Authorize.net transaction service in the URL bar.

These are the steps that make the bug happen.

The following steps take place within OsCommerce Cart (My Store)

1. Press checkout once all of the items I want are in the cart.

2. Select my delivery information and then press continue.

3. Select my payment method which is Authorize.net and then press continue.

4. Next the order confirmation page is displayed. I press Confirm order button.

The following steps take place on the Authorize.net SIM form.

5. The URL bar now list https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll as the URL

6. All of the shipping and billing information entered in the previous area are carried over.

7. I enter in a test credit card number then press submit.

The following steps take place within OsCommerce Cart (My Store)

8. The URL bar still list https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll but the page being displayed is the payment information page referenced in step 3.

9.The following error message is display on the top portion of my page:

"There has been an error processing your credit card

The credit card transaction could not be verified with this order. Please try again and if problems persist, please try another payment method.

10. Pressing the continue button makes the page reload and display this alert message:

"Although this page is encrypted, the information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by a third party.

Are you sure you want to continue sending this information?"

10. Pressing continue on this alert takes you back to the order confirmation screen reference in step 4.

11. The same process will just repeat over and over from this point.

Authorize.net does log the transaction when its not in test mode so I know the buy is being recorded and the confirmation email is sent from Authorize.net. If anyone familiar with this can provide any help I would be very great full. I've read post similar to what I just posted but with less detail on the OsCommerce forums but no one seems to ever post how to fix it.

Thank You,

Andres

Are you running the module in test mode or production? This is changed from oscommerce admin. The URL in your post is the production URL so a test card will definitely fail.

Change all modes to test on both sides and retest.

In OsCommerce I have the module configured for Live mode and the Authorize.net side configured in test mode so transactions will not go through. I have tried the same steps listed in my trouble shooting in both Live and Test mode on Authorize.net. When I run the QA procedure in Live more on Authorize.net and in OsCommerce also set to Live mode the transaction is processed on the Authorize.net side but gives me the same error when I try and submit the transaction.

As of yesterday I have ordered a dedicated SSL certificate and will start to set it up today. I'm just thinking of switch over to the AIM module and see if I have the same problems. Any other recommendations you could give would help as I have to launch the site by the beginning of next week. What I have not found a reliable guide on is what are the exact settings for Authorize.net. I've configured my account as per some recommendations on this forum, I can assume they are right since a real transaction does go through but not 100% sure since this is my first time working with Authorize.net + Oscommerce.

These are my settings on OsCommerce:

Info Version: 1.0 (online status)

Visit Authorize.net Website

Enable Authorize.net Credit Card SIM

True

Login ID

Transaction Key

MD5 Hash

Transaction Server

Live

Transaction Mode

Live

Transaction Method

Authorization

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Order Status

Pending

Sort order of display.

It is still not clear that you have put oscommerce Authorizenet in test mode.

Transaction Server

Live

Transaction Mode

Live

Why not test?

From what I have read on the forums if you put it in test mode OsCommerce will assume you have a testing account with Authorize.net and point to a different URL.

I just installed SSL on my server and configured Oscommerce for it and it didn't help at all. Both modules AIM & SIM give me the same error now when I try and process a transaction. From what I can tell the Authorize.net system is accepting the charges in both cases but it doesn't take me to any confirmation URL just what looks like my Payment Information page with the Authorize.net address in the URL bar and this message underneath the header.

The credit card transaction could not be verified with this order. Please try again and if problems persist, please try another payment method."

The only thing that I could think of now is to revert all of the pages involved with check out to their original state. I hope that's it but I'm pretty much stuck at the moment.

From what I have read on the forums if you put it in test mode OsCommerce will assume you have a testing account with Authorize.net and point to a different URL.

I just installed SSL on my server and configured Oscommerce for it and it didn't help at all. Both modules AIM & SIM give me the same error now when I try and process a transaction. From what I can tell the Authorize.net system is accepting the charges in both cases but it doesn't take me to any confirmation URL just what looks like my Payment Information page with the Authorize.net address in the URL bar and this message underneath the header.

The credit card transaction could not be verified with this order. Please try again and if problems persist, please try another payment method."

The only thing that I could think of now is to revert all of the pages involved with check out to their original state. I hope that's it but I'm pretty much stuck at the moment.

You can either go live or set up testing environment, you are combining them. What is the draw back in setting up a testing account with Authorizenet?

You have to understand that when oscommerc is in live, it is pointing to the live ANet site. Logic says it will not work

Edited by blackwater

I previously has a developer testing account with Authorize.net and received the same error when setup in test mode in OsCommerce. My client has since been approved for a live account so I've moved over to that for all development. I see no drawbacks in having a developer account with Authorize.net at all just my project is moving forward and I have to leave that stage. If your using a developer account then yes OsCommerce must be in test mode for it to work but if you are using a live account you must use the Live option.

Do you have a working ecommerce site up in running with Oscommerce and Authorize.net? If so what have you done to get your store working properly?

When you are in live mode in oscommerce and your A.net account is in test mode you should include in your request:

<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="x_test_request" VALUE="TRUE">

This would be done by adding a line in the $params array of ../includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_cc.php

'x_test_request' => 'TRUE',

Or you can test in full live mode and use a real and valid credit card number for test with amount of $00.00 when using Visa card and amount of $0.01 for other cards. And then cancel the transaction.

This information is found here:

http://developer.authorize.net/guides/AIM/Test_Transactions/Test_Transactions.htm

Edited by blackwater

My module is now working !!!! Yes. After calling my hosting company and Authorize.net what did it was something very simple. The MD5 Hash sum that I generated was longer than the text input field on Authorize.net setting screens. Because of the this I assume the values were not matching and returning me the the right page. I went back into my admin panel and entered in the correct shortened MD5 sum to match Authorize.net. I also changed my session settings as follows before I made the MD5 change.

Session Directory /tmp

Force Cookie Use True Info

Check SSL Session ID True Info

Check User Agent False Info

Check IP Address False Info

Prevent Spider Sessions True Info

Recreate Session True Info

I'm just glad that its working now and I can see all of the buys go through on Authorize.net.

• 3 years later...

I was struggling with the same issue (here three years later!). Your fix did not quite work for me, Andres, but I finally got it working with some modifications. I'm posting for the benefit of anyone who ends up on this post after a web search.

I tried what Andres has above, notably changing the MD5 Hash to something shorter. That may have been necessary, I don't know. The final thing that fixed it for me was loosening the session restrictions. Right now it's working with:

Session Directory /tmp

Force Cookie Use False

Check SSL Session ID False

Check User Agent False

Check IP Address False

Prevent Spider Sessions False

Recreate Session True

Honestly, I'm not sure which of those settings was necessary, but if you're reading this because you're having the same problem, try that and see if it helps.