• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems with links

VilBaz

Hi.

I've got a problem with my links. When I try to link to a manufactures product page, it links back to my site?

Try this: My link and then click on "For more information, please visit this products webpage." Then you see what I mean.

Please help

There is an error in the link.

This is what it points to:

http://vilbaz.com/catalog/redirect.php?action=url&goto=www.tamiyausa.com%2Fproduct%2Fitem.php%3Fproduct-id%3D58436&osCsid=es8gf81ut0cgt86caappjnrbp3

The URL attributes are translated to "safe" entities like %2F instead of /. There is also the attribute product-id that should be products_id.

This have worked before. I just copy/paste the link from the original website. Some of them I did a long time ago, but they ain't working either.

This have worked before. I just copy/paste the link from the original website. Some of them I did a long time ago, but they ain't working either.

Did you upgrade or have you installed some additional safety measures?

How do you include the link? The link points to the osCommerce redirect.php page, if you copied the link from the original site, it should point to that site directly...

I've installed Sitemonitor and FWR Security Pro.

I include links when I add a new product, in the "box" just above Wieght.

I've got a page with links to different forums etc. and work fine and the link in "Manufacturer Info" also works

FWR Security Pro probably is the culprit here. It prevents links to be passed around in text to avoid injection of malicious code. Unfortunately, you need to have these links in the text (do you really? This leads customers away from your site too!).

But FWR has the ability to exclude files from cleaning. So you could try to put product_info.php in the list of file exclusions, as well as admin/categories.php (not sure if you need to mention the admin prefix)...

Have you tried to add a new product with a link in the text? The information that resides in the database for existing products has already been "cleaned" and won't change. But new product's text's shouldn't be cleaned when the file categories.php is excluded from cleaning...

• 1 year later...

Got it ... I've just have to exclude redirect.php in FWR, then everything is back to normal :thumbsup:

The same problem on our site - the solution above works fine.

But I'm a little bit worried - is it a real threat to site security to exclude redirect.php from stripping of special characters?

Archived