• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Remove CC numbers from database

rexxy

I'd like to remove the old cc details from the database. It no longer accepts cc details but it has some old ones stored.

Is there a sql statement I could run to remove them all?

I have installed a contribution but it only does them one at a time.

I'd like to remove all of them except for any cc details of orders made in the last couple of days. Once they are processed future orders are paid via paypal.

Is that possible, could someone please provide me with a sql statement I could run to remove all cc details except the ones entered in the last couple of days?

You need something along the lines of

UPDATE [LOW_PRIORITY] [iGNORE] table_reference
   SET col_name1={expr1|DEFAULT} [, col_name2={expr2|DEFAULT}] ...
   [WHERE where_condition]

update orders set cc_no =""

As I don't know the table of field names you have you will have to adapt this to suit your situation.

Unless your server/site adheres to the PCI rules you shouldn't store/process this data for even a fraction of a second so I have not shown the where clause to keep the last 2 days worth of data.

HTH

H

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

I'd like to remove the old cc details from the database. It no longer accepts cc details but it has some old ones stored.

Is there a sql statement I could run to remove them all?

I have installed a contribution but it only does them one at a time.

I'd like to remove all of them except for any cc details of orders made in the last couple of days. Once they are processed future orders are paid via paypal.

Is that possible, could someone please provide me with a sql statement I could run to remove all cc details except the ones entered in the last couple of days?

You can actually use this one... Database optimizer , among other things it can be set to delete old cc numbers....

Archived