• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal shutting down without diverting

zefeena

Hi,

When customers pay via paypal they sometimes do not get brought back to my website with their cart details. There are several discussions to remedy this, but i have opted for the option of logging on as the customer and completing the checkout on their behalf.

This works great as everthing is still in their basket, but as i still have to choose a payment method and can't choose paypal (as they have already paid and i don't want to pay!) I installed COD as a payment option but called it ADMIN ONLY. This means i get to choose this option and that works fine.

except

When a customer decides to choose this option! it doesn't matter what i call it, occasionally someone will choose it, and it doesn't see to occur to them that they must not have paid because at no time did they input any payment details!

Is there a way to make the radio button for my admin only (COD module) invisible - but so i could still choose it - because i know it is there when they don't!

OR - perhaps a pop-up password could need to be input to choose that option - that would be even better!

thank you

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

Hi,

When customers pay via paypal they sometimes do not get brought back to my website with their cart details. There are several discussions to remedy this, but i have opted for the option of logging on as the customer and completing the checkout on their behalf.

This works great as everthing is still in their basket, but as i still have to choose a payment method and can't choose paypal (as they have already paid and i don't want to pay!) I installed COD as a payment option but called it ADMIN ONLY. This means i get to choose this option and that works fine.

except

When a customer decides to choose this option! it doesn't matter what i call it, occasionally someone will choose it, and it doesn't see to occur to them that they must not have paid because at no time did they input any payment details!

Is there a way to make the radio button for my admin only (COD module) invisible - but so i could still choose it - because i know it is there when they don't!

OR - perhaps a pop-up password could need to be input to choose that option - that would be even better!

thank you

There are paypal modules that already remedy this problem, but if you want to do it this way, then simply turn off the COD module in admin until you are ready to use it.

Tim

Thank you Tim.

It is such an obvious solution it never occurred to me!

- holiday needed.

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

Thank you Tim.

It is such an obvious solution it never occurred to me!

- holiday needed.

Your welcome. Sometimes it just takes a different perspective. We get so caught up in what we are thinking, it is hard to see it any other way.

Tim

Archived