• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Express Checkout

satkin2

Hi,

I've installed the Express Checkout and amended my code so that the PayPal button doesn't show, forcing you to go through my checkout process so that you can choose shipping etc; (I found having the PayPal button present skipped these steps if pressed).

Going through the check out process with a new order, I see my (1) Delivery Information page, then my (2) Payment Information page, I then get taken to (3) PayPal Express Checkout which once confirmed on there takes me back to my site to make the (4) Checkout Confirmation step. Confirming makes the order complete as expected and it works fine. However, if rather than clicking to confirm the order I go back to my store and then go back to my basket, then checkout it goes through (1) and (2), but then goes straight to (4), missing out going to PayPal again.

I assume this is because the transaction has already linked to PayPal at this stage, but I'm not comfortable with it not being obvious to the customer what is happening, it appears no payment is being taken.

Is there any way in which I can force the checkout to go from steps (2) to (3) regardless of whether this step has occurred and then the order been left incomplete.

As secondary query that relates to this, is it possible to have a cancel button on the Checkout Confirmation page too, if I decided I didn't want to go ahead, I want my basket to clear and PayPal to forget my intended payment?

Thanks

Just use PayPal Standard instead, then the customer is sent to PayPal after clicking Checkout Confirmation and the order will only be valid if they then complete the payment.

Just use PayPal Standard instead, then the customer is sent to PayPal after clicking Checkout Confirmation and the order will only be valid if they then complete the payment.

Hi,

I've moved to PayPal Express Checkout because the PayPal Standard module allows dummy orders. IE, you can get to the confirmation page and then decide not to proceed, but it will show up in your orders list in your Admin section. In order to get around this issue I've used PayPal Express Checkout and that appears to stop these dummy orders, which is much better, now any orders I see definitely are orders.

I've been unable to see any way to fix the Express Checkout issues mentioned above though.