• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

uk conversion

Hi there,

I am totally new to OSC and using version 2.3.1 I installed this 2 or 3 days ago before finding out that I can do a UK version which would suit me a lot since I am in Scotland.

I dont know how to run an sql file and I am not sure about some of the things to update from US to UK version. This morning I copied my UK files into the osc folder and then downloaded my uplooad of osc from a few days ago. I then uploaded my changed osc and sucessfully configured it again only to find it was the US version still. Anyone like to give me some pointers as to what I have done and how to correct them in as basic a format as possible.

I have no doubt in about 6 months time or so I will look back on this steep learning curve and laugh about my trials and tribulations of getting it to work but in the meantime I will keep plugging away with the assistance of this brilliant forum!

(I originally posted this on the UK LOcalisation thread and realised I should probably have started a new thread)

Cheers mike

Mike

Have a look in my about me page where there are some instructions on how to run sql.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.