• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Assistance required to hide price and replace with text link

PupStar

Hi Guys,

Many thanks to all who have helped me out so far along my epic journey :thumbsup:

What I am trying to do now is replace the price and the quantity input field in my product listing with 'Call for Price' if the products price is 0.00 but leave the fields as they are if the products price is greater than 0.00

976stk.jpg

The code I currently have is

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
          if (tep_not_null($listing['specials_new_products_price'] > '0')) {
             $prod_list_contents .= '        <td width="20%" align="center"><del>' .  $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</del>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($listing['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span></td>';
           } else {
             $prod_list_contents .= '        <td width="20%" align="center">' . $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</td>';
          }
           break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW':
           $prod_list_contents .= '<td width="20%" align="left">' . TEXT_QTY . ' <input type="text" name="add_id['.$number_of_products.']" value="" size="4">';
           $prod_list_contents .= '<input type="hidden" name="products_id['.$number_of_products.']" value="'.$listing['products_id'].'"></td><td width="2px"> </td>';
           }else{
           $prod_list_contents .= '<td width="20%" align="left">' . TEXT_QTY . ' <input type="text" name="add_id['.$number_of_products.']" value="" size="4">';
           $prod_list_contents .= '<input type="hidden" name="products_id['.$number_of_products.']" value="'.$listing['products_id'].'"></td><td width="px"> </td>';
          }
          break;

Can this be done with a simple if/else statement and if so how?

Thanks

Mark

Hi Guys,

Just to give an update. I have succeeded in my task this time woohoo

I changed the above code to:

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
             $prod_list_contents .= '<td width="20%" align="center"><del>' .  $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</del>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($listing['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span></td>';
          }
          else if ($listing['products_price'] == 0){
             $prod_list_contents .= '<td width="20%" align="center" colspan="2"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . TEXT_CALL_FOR_PRICE . '</a></td>';
           } else {
             $prod_list_contents .= '<td width="20%" align="center">' . $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</td>';
          }
           break;
           if (tep_not_null($listing['products_price'] > '0')) {
           $prod_list_contents .= '<input type="hidden" name="products_id['.$number_of_products.']" value="'.$listing['products_id'].'"></td><td width="2px"> </td>';
           }else{
           $prod_list_contents .= ' ';
          }
          break;

And again woohoo (w00t)

Regards

Mark

Mark, you might want to put a lock in to stop anyone ordering a "call for price" item for free ;)

My store is currently running Phoenix 1.0.3.0

I'm currently working on 1.0.7.2 and hope to get it live before 1.0.8.0 arrives (maybe 🙄 )

I used to have a list of add-ons here but I've found that with the ones that supporters of Phoenix get any other add-ons are not really neccessary

Mark, you might want to put a lock in to stop anyone ordering a "call for price" item for free ;)

Yeah I did have that nagging in the back of my mind but unsure on how to do it.

Yeah I did have that nagging in the back of my mind but unsure on how to do it.

Another if/else statement on the BUY button maybe...

My store is currently running Phoenix 1.0.3.0

I'm currently working on 1.0.7.2 and hope to get it live before 1.0.8.0 arrives (maybe 🙄 )

I used to have a list of add-ons here but I've found that with the ones that supporters of Phoenix get any other add-ons are not really neccessary

Another if/else statement on the BUY button maybe...

sorry for being a numpty but what logic is going to be required

I have tried this (I know it does not work, getting tired now as its being a long day at the day job lol)

<?php
if ($listing['products_price'] > '0') {
?>
<div class="contentContainer">
<div class="buttonSet" style="padding:8px;">
      <span class="buttonAction"><?php echo TEXT_ENTER_QUANTITY . TEXT_YOU_REQUIRE . ' ' . tep_draw_button('Add to basket', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></span>
</div>
</div>
</form>
<?php
}else{
?>
      <span class="buttonAction"> </span>
</div>
</div>
<?php } ?>

• 4 months later...

Hi Jeff,

Yeah I already tried that but it did not really do what I wanted, may have to give it another go if that turns out to be the only solution.

Mark

How did you get this working? According to the documentation it tells you to change

catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php

FIND:

$lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_BUY_NOW;

$lc_align = 'center';

break;

REPLACE WITH:

// BOF: MOD - EASY CALL FOR PRICE 2.3.1v1.0

if ($listing['products_price']> '0') //fix for call for price

$lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_BUY_NOW;

else

$lc_text = ' ';

// EOF: MOD - EASY CALL FOR PRICE 2.3.1v1.0

$lc_align = 'center';

break;

FIND:

$prod_list_contents .= ' <td align="center">' . tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW, 'cart', tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id'])) . '</td>';

break;

REPLACE WITH:

// BOF: MOD - EASY CALL FOR PRICE 2.3.1v1.0

if ($listing['products_price']> '0') //fix for call for price

// EOF: MOD - EASY CALL FOR PRICE 2.3.1v1.0

$prod_list_contents .= ' <td align="center">' . tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW, 'cart', tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id'])) . '</td>';

break;

* SAVE AND CLOSE FILE

but this code does not exist in 2.3.1 - this code is what you find

if ( ($column_list[$col] != 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW') && ($column_list[$col] != 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE') ) {

$lc_text = tep_create_sort_heading($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], $col+1, $lc_text);

$prod_list_contents .= ' '.$lc_text.' ' ;

• 1 month later...

sorry for being a numpty but what logic is going to be required

I have tried this (I know it does not work, getting tired now as its being a long day at the day job lol)

<?php
if ($listing['products_price'] > '0') {
?>
      <span class="buttonAction"><?php echo TEXT_ENTER_QUANTITY . TEXT_YOU_REQUIRE . ' ' . tep_draw_button('Add to basket', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></span>
</div>
</div>
</form>
<?php
}else{
?>
      <span class="buttonAction"> </span>
</div>
</div>
<?php } ?>

found a fixto shop the cart appearing when item is set to zero in the shop - edit the product_info.php file

<div class="buttonSet">

<span class="buttonAction">

<?php if ($product_info['products_price'] > 0 ) { ?>

<?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART, 'cart', null, 'primary', null, '1'); ?>

<?php } else { ?>

<td align="right"></td>

<?php } ?>

</span>

and in includes/classes/currency.php

replace

function display_price($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity = 1) {

return $this->format(tep_add_tax($products_price, $products_tax) * $quantity);

with this code

function display_price($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity = 1) {

if ($products_price > 0){

return $this->format(tep_add_tax($products_price, $products_tax) * $quantity);