• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

LinkPoint SSL change caused downtime

walkman

I have been using Linkpoint API to connect to the CC gateway since 2006. This routine used curl and PHP. It stopped working last night around 7:30 EST.

Calls to technical support revealed that the following 2 lines need to be added (or uncommented if already there):

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);

Existing lines in the curl section:

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_URL,$host);

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $xml);

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSLCERT, $key);

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);

I believe that the contribution I used was based on 3010 -- this may have been replaced as I didn't find it in search.

is this causing the error of please wait 10 minutes before trying again? my site was working fine then today everyone is getting that error!!

I got a callback in with the host, getting ready to call linkpoint, just didnt know if this was my fix or not--thank you!

is it actually these two lines? i think you might have grabbed the returnfransfer by mistake, its already in there

# curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);

# curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);

Edited by shellyky

I uncommented the 2 lines and that got me past the first error but now good cards come back with "Preauthorization Failed" messages (for bad AVS address) to customer (including me) and a return email (CC DEBUG INBOUND) from LinkPoint with an r_error of 'SGS-020003: Invalid XML".

Did something else change that I did not update but now needs to be?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ignore the bad AVS, that is not really there, just the way we have the message worded.

The Linkpoint SGS 2003 error says that one of these characters ' " < > & is being passed.

Did something else change that I did not update but now needs to be?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Edited by WhiteKnight

The "CC DEBUG OUTBOUND" message that comes back from PREAUTH looks fine. Identical to those from a few days ago when sales worked and identical to the ones that come back from SALE except for the dollar amount and whether they say sale or preauth for ordertype which is exactly what you would expect. So I am lost as to where any extra characters are getting into the XML string. They do not show up in Linkpoint as preauthorizations since it is rejecting the XML string.

Edited by WhiteKnight