• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UK Vat

kenkja

I'm currently building a site in v2.3.1, for a Uk VAT registered business which will export goods worldwide

I have set up the appropriate EU and Rest of the world tax zones, tax classes & and tax rates, however I'm aware that on receipt of a valid EU vat registration number from a customer based in the EU we can switch the tax rate from 20% to 0% - does anyone know if there is a contribution which will allow customers to add their VAT number and adjust the VAT calculation accordingly.

thanks

Ken

Os-commerce v2.3.3

Security Pro v11

Site Monitor

IP Trap

htaccess Protection

Bad Behaviour Block

Year Make Model

Document Manager

X Sell

Star Product

Modular Front Page

Modular Header Tags

• 5 months later...

I'm currently building a site in v2.3.1, for a Uk VAT registered business which will export goods worldwide

I have set up the appropriate EU and Rest of the world tax zones, tax classes & and tax rates, however I'm aware that on receipt of a valid EU vat registration number from a customer based in the EU we can switch the tax rate from 20% to 0% - does anyone know if there is a contribution which will allow customers to add their VAT number and adjust the VAT calculation accordingly.

thanks

Ken

I can't say for certain that this will work with v2.3.1, but the contribution below is what I use on my store:

E.U. VAT Intracom Number (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1848)

It seems to work fine.

I suggest creating another customer group.

So some one who has submitted vat is considered in that specific group.

Now modify code so that vat for that specific group is charged as per that specific group clubbed with zone where that customer comes from.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.