• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

eWay Module - Problems?

davehill

Hi All,

I'm having some problems with the eWay module available from the contributions. I'm using the MS1 release and I've updated the module's code to reflect the recent email out from eWay about the XML layout.

Problem is, every time I try and pass a credit card number to the module, it spits back 'invalid session'.

Anyone seen this problem or one similar and got a fix?

Thanks in advance.

I am getting the same on both my sites.

I am guessing it has something to do with the PHP 4.3 upgrade because the module broke at the same time as that was installed.

Knowing nothing much about PHP, I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do. I tried changing superglobals in eway.php, e_payment.php and eway_payment.php but it didn't make a difference (or I didn't do it properly).

Maybe it has something to do with the /tmp directory which is a requirement (although my /tmp directory for eway's use is still there the same as it ever was)?

Obviously data is getting to eways server or it wouldn't return the error message.

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

Hey Frank,

Yeah, it's definitely a PHP 4.3.x issue... I rolled back to PHP 4.2.3 and it worked.

I've emailed them asking them to provide us with some more up to date code, but so far their track record for responding to tech support emails has been pretty average.

I've been informed that this is a problem with PHP 4.3.1+ and the way it handles XML.

I beleive that eWay should update their code to make it work with the changes (don't ask me what they are... I don't know!) in the updated PHP.

eWay states that their requirements are based on Micro$oft solutions, not Linux. Considering Linux is the prefered standard (based on security and speed) of most hosts, and clients using OSC.

Hope we can get a PHP and XML guru's attention so they can please help here. This is the last thing I need to complete before going live and some people here ARE already live!

Cheers,

Tony

"The price of success is perseverance. The price of failure comes much cheaper."

• 3 months later...

Just wondering if anyone has worked on this module and got it working with PHP 4.3.x?

I have e-mailed the module author to see if he has an update or would be willing to update it for a fee but, if someone has already done it, that would be ideal :wink:

tobz

osCommerce Links

osCommerce Templates

osCommerce UK <-- This site is for sale!

Hello,

I have recently tested the module on PHP4.3.2 with test eWay customer id and it worked fine on my server :D .

I believe it may be a problem of CURL configuration (with SSL support) on your servers with PHP 4.3.x.

Regards

Kavita

• 3 months later...

FYI, I was getting the "Invalid Session" error and had a lot of trouble getting this working (a couple of days' worth in fact).

I'm running Ensim 3.1 on Redhat. I spent hours debugging epayment.php and trying to get it to spit out output at various stages, added a whole bunch of cURL options but no matter what I did I couldn't get cURL to actually return anything!

Then I tried cURLing the eWay payment gateway URL from the command line... and it actually gave me an error message: not compiled with SSL support.

Yeh clever, I should have realised... you need to upgrade cURL if you're running Ensim because it comes with 7.9.2 but no SSL support! There's a good How-To on the Rackshack/EV1 forums which is linked to from the New Server Setup thread.

FYI I'm running PHP 4.2.2. Hopefully this will save someone else a lot of time.

• 1 year later...
Been using the eWay module live for quite a while now. Make sure you have curl and xml support compiled. This is a brilliant mod.

Hey all!

I'm getting the following error with the eWay module.

1054 - Unknown column 'eway_id' in 'field list'

UPDATE osc_orders SET eway_id = '2321360' WHERE orders_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]

I have run the sql statement in the install and the table header seems to be in my db.

heeeeellllp!

Bill

Hey all!

I'm getting the following error with the eWay module.

1054 - Unknown column 'eway_id' in 'field list'

UPDATE osc_orders SET eway_id = '2321360' WHERE orders_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]

I have run the sql statement in the install and the table header seems to be in my db.

heeeeellllp!

Bill

ALL FIXED!

the instructions included the following SQL satement:

ALTER TABLE orders ADD (eway_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0')

but it was calling osc_orders so i changed the statement to:

ALTER TABLE osc_orders ADD (eway_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0') to add the field to the correct table.

• 4 months later...

Hello guys,

I'm currently using the Eway shared payment gateway to process online credit card payment, but I'm trying to move into their XML payment for a more professional online payment processing.

I've never used / attempted to use their XML method, so I'm absolutely newbie in this, therefore I'd need your help with the following:

-What are the files/modules that I need to download (either from the Oscommerce contribution section, or from the Eway.com.au website.

-I've downloaded 2 files from Eway website at http://www.eway.com.au/support/xml_php.asp, but I don't what to do with those 2 files.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!