Sign in to follow this  
taylorjes

PayPay - Pro v Standard / Installation

Hi,

I'm finishing a website for an existing company with an international presence. Our company is a construction company with a retail division. We operate in both the US and Canada and our current retail offerings are in the US only. We are branching out by targeting our Canadian market with an online retail store.

So, We need three things from PayPal: online processing, "off"-line processing, international control of funds.

I'm assuming I need a PayPal Pro setup, so I can offer Virtual Terminal in-the field. Do I need to offer PayPal Express? What are my signifigant risks? Is there anything I should know regarding OSC? I'm asking all the questions, not because I can't find the answers I just would like some confimration.

Finally, is there a comprehensive installation guide for PayPal Pro?

- taylorjes

Jesse,

PayPal Pro is a monthly fee based service +transaction fee's and Standard is just transaction fee's. Pro uses IPN which communicates with your website to verify the payment where as Standard does not.

Virtual terminal is also available, but has it's own monthly fee and transaction fee's applied.

As far as PayPal express goes, it also requires an API key which communicates with your website to validate payment. There is no monthly fee but there are transaction fee's. Either choose Pro or Express, not both.

Chris

:|: Was this post helpful ? Click the LIKE THIS button :|:

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)

Thanks Chris,

I've started the legwork to get Pro setup, but I've noticed that the OSC mod contains: "Note: PayPal requires the PayPal Express Checkout payment module to be enabled if this module is activated." as well as PayPal's fine-print also notes: "To qualify for this rate, you must offer your online customers Express Checkout. If you don't, your rates could be up to 0.50% higher and you'll disappoint the millions of online shoppers who look for PayPal."

Is this accurate?

taylorjes