• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

User Tracking with Admin 1.31 Released

Druide

I was annoyed when viewing the details of a session the complete tracking page is reloaded just to view some page details. On my server this takes every time >30 sec as I have around ~200 visits/24h (slow PIII-933).

So I published version 1.4 with the following enhancements :

- view session now opens a new window with the details of the selected session

- added new flag "ne.gif"

You can find it here : http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1055

:)

Didier.

Edited by 241

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was annoyed when viewing the details of a session the complete tracking page is reloaded just to view some page details. On my server this takes every time >30 sec as I have around ~200 visits/24h (slow PIII-933).

So I published version 1.4 with the following enhancements :

- view session now opens a new window with the details of the selected session

- added new flag "ne.gif"

Didier.

I have uploaded 1.40.1 which contains the changes for the setting of minimum click count from within the admin user tracking config.

There is an additional line added to the sql file for this change.

I have also added a link line to allow deletion of the guest sessions

Edited by 241

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Hello i just installed the latest version of this contribution for the first time .

I think i ve done all right But when i am trying to click on user trackin on the left column of admin section i get this message

Parse error: parse error in c:\easyphp1-8\www\catalog\admin\user_tracking.php on line 358

The line 358 is <?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

does anyone can help me?

:'(

Oeps..my mistake. It was sunday morning when I've uploaded this contribution and a "}" was missing around line 162 of user_tracking.php.

I've published v1.4.2 that fixes this bug.  :lol:

Thanks for the bug report !  :thumbsup:

Didier.

I have sent you a message regarding this and some minor tag issues

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Hello i just installed the last version that fix the bug but now i receive the following

Warning: fopen(includes/GeoIP.dat): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\easyphp1-8\www\catalog\admin\includes\geoip.inc on line 131

Warning: ftell(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\easyphp1-8\www\catalog\admin\includes\geoip.inc on line 95

Warning: fseek(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\easyphp1-8\www\catalog\admin\includes\geoip.inc on line 98

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\easyphp1-8\www\catalog\admin\includes\geoip.inc on line 100

Warning: fseek(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\easyphp1-8\www\catalog\admin\includes\geoip.inc on line 117

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\easyphp1-8\www\catalog\admin\includes\geoip.inc on line 100

Warning: fseek(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\easyphp1-8\www\catalog\admin\includes\geoip.inc on line 117

Warning: fseek(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\easyphp1-8\www\catalog\admin\includes\geoip.inc on line 123

osCommerce Support Site Online Catalog Administration

Administration Support Site | Online Catalog | Administration

Configuration

Catalog

Modules

Customers

Locations / Taxes

Localization

Reports

Tools

Header Tags

User Tracking

User Track Config

User Tracking

Keyword Show

User Tracking

This tool allows for you to see the click patterns of the users through your site, organized by sessions. This data can be very valuable to those looking for how to improve your site by watching how customers actually use it. You can surf back and forth through the days by using the link below.

SELECT VIEW: Back to 14 May 2005

Now displaying the latest 50 sessions of this 24 hour period.

You can also purge all records past the last 72 hours of data.

You can also purge all records of Guest Sessions.

You can also purge all records from NOW. BEWARE!! - THIS DELETES ALL DATA !!!.

Delete all info from IP-Address your IP purge all records

Delete all records without session ID DELETE NOW

Delete all info from IP-Address

Session ID User Shopping Cart

Guest (b5bb87bea4617c6f468133563e647913) [Delete Session] [View Session] session expired

Click Count: 7

Start Time: 15/05/2005 22:18:12 Idle Time: 00:00:02

End Time: 15/05/2005 22:18:27 Total Time: 00:00:15

Warning: fseek(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\easyphp1-8\www\catalog\admin\includes\geoip.inc on line 196

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\easyphp1-8\www\catalog\admin\includes\geoip.inc on line 198

Warning: fseek(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\easyphp1-8\www\catalog\admin\includes\geoip.inc on line 196

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\easyphp1-8\www\catalog\admin\includes\geoip.inc on line 198

Fatal error: error traversing database - perhaps it is corrupt? in c:\easyphp1-8\www\catalog\admin\includes\geoip.inc on line 220

How can i fix it ?

Hello i just installed the last version that fix the bug but now i receive the following

Warning: fopen(includes/GeoIP.dat): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\easyphp1-8\www\catalog\admin\includes\geoip.inc on line 131

Fatal error: error traversing database - perhaps it is corrupt? in c:\easyphp1-8\www\catalog\admin\includes\geoip.inc on line 220

How can i fix it ?

Hmmm. I verified the delivered geoip.inc with the latest version of GeoIP.dat and I have no problem. Did it work before ? What was your previous version ?

Didier.

I found it looks best to truncate the text of the originating URL. I think who is handling the releases should add this. I was finding some of the search engine URL's become quite long and were pushing the table layout off the right of the screen. By truncating the display of the link the tables stay on screen for more resolutions.

substr($ut['value']['referer_url'],0,100))

Thanks for the reply

i am using the version included in the contribution

i also tried with the version found here  http://www.maxmind.com/download/geoip/database/GeoIP.dat.gz

any idea? how can i fix it?

Did you do a binary FTP upload ? It's a DAT file.

Else I have really no idea what is going on. I never saw this error message before. Check this line in the beginning of admin/user_tracking.php :

$gi = geoip_open(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'GeoIP.dat',GEOIP_STANDARD);

Do you have the GeoIP.dat under the "includes" folder ?

Didier.

Hello again

What's a binary ftp ?

What's a dat File ?

I ' am using it in my localhost. Everything is in my hard disc.

I have geoIp dat under catalog/admin/includes/

i found this $gi = geoip_open(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'GeoIP.dat',GEOIP_STANDARD);

in line 23

any idea?

Hello again

What's a binary ftp ?

What's a dat File ?

I ' am using it in my localhost. Everything is in my hard disc.

I have geoIp dat under catalog/admin/includes/

i found this $gi = geoip_open(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'GeoIP.dat',GEOIP_STANDARD);

in line 23

any idea?

Text files must be done using the "ascii" mode for FTP. Binaries and executables must be done under "binary"mode else your executable will be seen as a text file.

But we can see that you cannot find the file includes/GeoIP.dat. Now why ? I don't know.

Other people have this ? Can someone try v1.4.2 and tell us if it works or not ? I cannot reproduce the bug so I can not help much here.

Didier.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I would like to change the way shopping cart content is displayed. Currently, after session expires, the shopping cart content dissapear, even if the visitor left contents on it.

How can we modify the code to left the shopping cart content on?

thanks

far

Good remark. For the moment, we are looking in the "session" table to get the shopping cart content. But the sessions expire, so we do not see the cart anymore. I think we also should look in the customer basket. I think the cart is also stored in this table but only for registered customers.

So we should combine the sessions and customer_basket table. Another solution would be NOT to empty the session table. I do not know what would be the side effect of that.

Didier.

I got the user tracking installed on the latest oscommerce, but i dont getting the orginating url. I really want to know where my customers are coming from.

Somebody else got this problem? Please help me anyone :)

I got the user tracking installed on the latest oscommerce, but i dont getting the orginating url. I really want to know where my customers are coming from.

Somebody else got this problem? Please help me anyone :)

Do you have them in the database at least ? If not, check the insert SQL for table "user_tracking". You should insert the referer_url.

Didier.

Do you have them in the database at least ? If not, check the insert SQL for table "user_tracking". You should insert the referer_url.

Didier.

db.gif

Hello again, yes the referer_url is there, so i dont know...any other idea?

Just loaded User Tracking v1.40.2. Same problem with the originating URL's not showing.

Checked database looks good.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

Just loaded User Tracking v1.40.2.  Same problem with the originating URL's not showing.

Checked database looks good.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

Got it to work. I changed the order in application_top to look like this....

Thanks.

if ($spider_flag == false) {

tep_session_start();

$session_started = true;

}

} else {

tep_session_start();

$session_started = true;

}

// user_tracking modifications

if (!$referer_url) {

$referer_url = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_REFERER'];

if ($referer_url) {

tep_session_register('referer_url');

}

}

Got it to work.  I changed the order in application_top to look like this....

Thanks.

if ($spider_flag == false) {

tep_session_start();

$session_started = true;

}

} else {

tep_session_start();

$session_started = true;

}

// user_tracking modifications

if (!$referer_url) {

$referer_url = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_REFERER'];

if ($referer_url) {

tep_session_register('referer_url');

}

}

Thanks! Its working fine now :)

Good remark. For the moment, we are looking in the "session" table to get the shopping cart content. But the sessions expire, so we do not see the cart anymore. I think we also should look in the customer basket. I think the cart is also stored in this table but only for registered customers.

So we should combine the sessions and customer_basket table. Another solution would be NOT to empty the session table. I do not know what would be the side effect of that.

Didier.

Hello Spaceboy,

do you found something new about this? I think the best way should be NOT to empty shopping cart session table, but, how can be done?

thanks

far

Thanks! Its working fine now :)

The file "application_top.php" included in package 1.40.2 seems to be correct and contains the same piece of code at the same place.

No need to update the contribution I guess. Can you check please ?

Thanks,

Didier.