• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

User Tracking with Admin 1.31 Released

Druide

Hi Tim,

I may not have been very clear in my prior post. It appears that multiple visitors are being assigned the same session id. I get many different ip addresses in one session id over a period of days. I still get a few different session, however, i the majority appear under one session id and i have seen 400 clicks on just one. My other sites are working correctly some i am puzzled.

Thanks, Joe

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Joe

A possible cause of different users getting the same session ID is if they are all clicking on a link that includes a session ID. I've read that this can be caused by not preventing spider sessions, although I'm no expert on this.

If a spider starts a session then the links in a search engine can contain osCsid's and cause multiple users to access the same session. Just a suggestion to check up on.

If this is not the case in your site then I'm not sure what it is.

Tim

Hello,

I'm having a problem with viewing the user tracking results. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not work. I think this is a problem with connecting to:

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=

I receive error:

Page cannot be displayed,

blah, blah, blah

Cannot find server or DNS Error

Internet Explorer

Please help if you have any clues.

I've been trying to figure this out for days and have searched the forums.

Thanks,

Monte

I have looked through the first like 25 pages, and didn't see the following problem, so if it was on the last 2000 pages, I appologize! :)

When I go into the Admin CP, I click on the "User Tracking>User Tracking", and on the right, I get what looks like it should be the table, but instead of showing up the information, I get the following error next to host:

Warning: gethostbyaddr(): Address is not in a.b.c.d form in C:\Inetpub\websites\shopwcf\admin\user_tracking.php on line 242

My screen shows this...

Click Count: 9

IP Address: <blank>

Host: <error message above>

Originating URL: <blank>

It appears that the times on the right, though, are correct!

Any help would be appreciated!

As far as the IP address error, I cannot help you there, but as far as the originating URL goes, there is a fix for this in this thread. i believe it is towards the end and probably jsut a couple of pages back.

• 4 weeks later...

HI all I know it?s a silly question,

But I cant for the live of me get country flags to work....

I just get red x telling me the image insn?t found...

but if I go to the properties of the picture the path is perfect.

The path looks like this " http://store.247.is/catalog/*******/images/flags/.gif "

(****** is the name of my admin directory)

So I think the path is all right (I can past the path in internet explorer and add like "is" before the .gif then it would display the Icelandic flag).

Can anyone give me a clue ?????

I remember there were two files that were needed, one was a DAT file and I can't remember the other one. (Big help, aren't I?) Did you upload those two files?

Anyway, I remember having to upload the image files using a binary setting and not ASCII (which I use for php files) or they wouldn't display properly.

Just my .02 worth for today. ;)

I have a mod installed that tells me what language the browser is using

and that is working perfectly, so I guess the server is ok.

what am I missing ?

Can it have something to do with my language settings in php.ini ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I modified the admin\user_tracking.php so that when I am visited by a "Spider" it identifies it as such. I believe this is working correctly, could someone please check my code and let me know. This will only work if you have "Prevent Spider Sessions" set to true.

if ($whos_online['full_name'] != "Guest")

? ? ? ?$user_tracking[$whos_online['session_id']]['full_name'] = '<font color="0000ff"><b>' . $whos_online['full_name'] . '</b></font>';

if (($whos_online['full_name'] == "Guest") && ($whos_online['session_id'] == ""))

? ? ? ?$user_tracking[$whos_online['session_id']]['full_name'] = '<font color="ff0000"><b>Spider</b></font>';

? ? ?if ($ut['value']['session_id'] == "")

? ? ? ?$ut['value']['session_id'] = "Session ID not issued";

? ? ?if ($ut['value']['full_name'] == "")

? ? ? ?$ut['value']['full_name'] = "Guest";

Lines in bold were additions to the file. Perhaps someone has already made this modification. If you have, sorry for stepping on your toes... ;)

Edited by BearHappy

I have this working and it is great - Thanks author for this

The only problem I am having is calling th eoriginating url to the admin side

I have followed the install and it tells me to put this in the application_bottom.php within admin

<?php

require('../../catalog/' . DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'user_tracking.php');

if ( ADMIN_CONFIG_USER_TRACKING == 'true') { tep_update_user_tracking(); }

?>

I get this error

Warning: main(../../catalog/includes/functions/user_tracking.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/9/d107495730/htdocs/admin/includes/application_bottom.php on line 22

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '../../catalog/includes/functions/user_tracking.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/9/d107495730/htdocs/admin/includes/application_bottom.php on line 22

what do i have to edit?

Thanks

Mark

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Does anyone know if there is a way to specify more than one IP address to exclude from the tracking results view?

I tried many things like using a coma, semi-colon, etc to separate multiple IPs within the IP feild in the admin section but nothing seems to work. I amguessing if I wanted it to sork like that there needs to be a code change.

Any suggestions would be great.

I am trying to use this great Mod on Mozilla Firefox 0.9 and it works great, loading 10 times faster than in IE6.

Only problem is that the layout seem to be optimized to be viewed in IE and not in Mozilla. In IE the list fit the page width, but in FF it is about 20% wider than the screen.

Does anyone know how to revise the file so that it will fit the screen in FF too?

Thanks in advance!

The same thing happens to me in IE 6. I don't know what the problem is but I don't worry about it as I can just scroll over to see the rest of it.

As as side note, I think OSC was built for IE because none of my stores look as they should in Netscape (latest version), Nescape, 4.7, or Mozilla.

My store looks great in FF and so does my admin, except for the user tracking page which is wider. It looks just fine on my IE tho, so I have no idea why it doesn't on yours....Which IE version do you use? What is your screen resolution?

I still hope someone can post a quick fix to make this fit FF browser...maybe only needed to add a table or something, but unfortunately my knowledge in HTML is weak and in PHP even weaker.

I am trying to use this great Mod on Mozilla Firefox 0.9 and it works great, loading 10 times faster than in IE6.

Only problem is that the layout seem to be optimized to be viewed in IE and not in Mozilla. In IE the list fit the page width, but in FF it is about 20% wider than the screen.

Does anyone know how to revise the file so that it will fit the screen in FF too?

Thanks in advance!

im doing everything in Firefox 0.92 and no probs here everything just perfect, 34258798% better then IE or NS

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

I modified the admin\user_tracking.php so that when I am visited by a "Spider" it identifies it as such. I believe this is working correctly, could someone please check my code and let me know. This will only work if you have "Prevent Spider Sessions" set to true.

if ($whos_online['full_name'] != "Guest")

$user_tracking[$whos_online['session_id']]['full_name'] = '<font color="0000ff"><b>' . $whos_online['full_name'] . '</b></font>';

if (($whos_online['full_name'] == "Guest") && ($whos_online['session_id'] == ""))

$user_tracking[$whos_online['session_id']]['full_name'] = '<font color="ff0000"><b>Spider</b></font>';

if ($ut['value']['session_id'] == "")

$ut['value']['session_id'] = "Session ID not issued";

if ($ut['value']['full_name'] == "")

$ut['value']['full_name'] = "Guest";

Lines in bold were additions to the file. Perhaps someone has already made this modification. If you have, sorry for stepping on your toes... ;)

nice but you can also just make a copy of the user_tracking table and name it user_tracking_searchengines to keep the data seperate ;)

and ofcourse copy admin/usertracking.php to user_tracking_searchengines.php and change all table and filename data in it.

i changed in admin/user_tracking.php

if (($whos_online['full_name'] == "Guest") && ($whos_online['session_id'] == "")) {
      $user_tracking[$whos_online['session_id']]['full_name'] = '<font color="ff0000"><b>Spider</b></font>';
   tep_db_query("INSERT INTO " . TABLE_USER_TRACKING_SEARCHENGINES . " SELECT * FROM " . TABLE_USER_TRACKING . " WHERE session_id = '" . $whos_online['session_id'] . "'");
   tep_db_query("DELETE FROM " . TABLE_USER_TRACKING . " WHERE session_id = '" . $whos_online['session_id'] . "'");
}

just to give you an idea

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)