The e-commerce.

User Tracking with Admin 1.31 Released

Druide

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my country's images no display:

When you see the propriets of the image showhttp://ponto/solis/admin/DIR_WS_IMAGESflags/.gif

Make sure your /admin/includes/configure.php file looks like this, with the flags definition BELOW the images:

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_FLAGS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'flags/');

This should help..

Hallo,

I have a short question.

I'm useing the last release of this very good contribution.

But there is one thing I'm wondering about.

There are two times Idle_Time and Total_Time.

There is allways an offset of 9 houres

Can somebody explain or help ?

Thanks Matthias

Does anyone know why having installed this contri, no data is being added to the sql database? Everything else appears to be working but no data is being recorded ??

Does anyone know why, having installed this contri, no data is being added to the sql database? Everything else appears to be working but no data is being recorded ??

Just a few quick idea here.

1. Where it says 'your ip' where you can block your own IP. Mine changes everytime i log on the net, so maybe you could do this cookie based??

2. Most visited page option, so i can see which products people are most interested in?

3. General stats. Page views, most visits by country, average time spent on site etc etc

Peace - pete

Excellent contrib, I even got it working on my MS1 store without too many issues, with the instructions relating to files that dont exist on my prehistoric install!

Contribs Written: Nochex APC Payment Module, Cheque Payment Module

Contribs Updated: Information Pages Unlimited, Latest News V1

You've gotta be Quick on the Draw in this game!

I've posted it yesterday but there was no answer.... :(

Hallo,

I have a short question.

I'm useing the last release of this very good contribution.

But there is one thing I'm wondering about.

There are two times Idle_Time and Total_Time.

There is allways an offset of 9 houres

Can somebody explain or help ?

Thanks Matthias

• 2 weeks later...

for some reason, its not listing where the user is coming from (originating url)

any ideas? everything else works wonderfully.

oh yea, bug. on the catalog/includes file, the user_tracking.php was looking for TABLE_user_tracking in the sqldatabase. but that doesn't exist. only user_tracking does. so i had to edit that out.

I installed this, and the instructions went pretty smooth until I got to this part... There are 3 instances of "tep_session_start();" in application_top.php.

== start ===========================

add to catalog/includes/application_top.php

Look for:

tep_session_start();

add after:

// user_tracking modifications

if (!$referer_url) {

$referer_url = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_REFERER'];

if ($referer_url) {

tep_session_register('referer_url');

}

}

== end ===========================

here is where I pasted mine...

if (isset($HTTP_COOKIE_VARS['cookie_test'])) {

tep_session_start();

$session_started = true;

}

} elseif (SESSION_BLOCK_SPIDERS == 'True') {

$user_agent = strtolower(getenv('HTTP_USER_AGENT'));

$spider_flag = false;

// user_tracking modifications

if (!$referer_url) {

$referer_url = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_REFERER'];

if ($referer_url) {

tep_session_register('referer_url');

}

}

if (tep_not_null($user_agent)) {

$spiders = file(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'spiders.txt');

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($spiders); $i<$n; $i++) {

if (tep_not_null($spiders[$i])) {

if (is_integer(strpos($user_agent, trim($spiders[$i])))) {

$spider_flag = true;

break;

}

}

}

}

[/b]

Thanks!

Starkness

I am still having problems however. Anyone have this error after installing this contrib?

Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in /home/httpd/vhosts/e-comdir.com/httpdocs/catalog/includes/footer.php on line 61

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/user_tracking.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/httpd/vhosts/e-comdir.com/httpdocs/catalog/includes/footer.php on line 61

I put the code on the bottom of page like instructions said...

echo FOOTER_TEXT_BODY

?>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', '468x50')) {

?>

<br>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td align="center"><?php echo tep_display_banner('static', $banner); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

?>

<?php

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'user_tracking.php');

if ( OSC_CONFIG_USER_TRACKING == 'true') { tep_update_user_tracking(); }

?>

thanks for any help.

Thanks!

Starkness

I found this on page 18 -

copy the catalog/includes/functions/user_tracking.php to admin/includes/functions/user_tracking.php and change your admin/includes/footer.php to

<?php

/*

$Id: footer.php,v 1.11 2002/10/29 22:28:51 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

if ( ADMIN_CONFIG_USER_TRACKING == 'true') { tep_update_user_tracking(); echo ' <font size="-2" color=red>your behavior is recorded</font>'; }

?>

<br>

+ rest of normal code

That will do the job, 110% sure ;)

I put the code like this, and then it worked.. (as far as I know, because I still have error in catalog/admin area that reads...

admin area ERROR =

~~~~~~~~~~~

Fatal error: Failed opening required '../../catalog/includes/functions/user_tracking.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/httpd/vhosts/e-comdir.com/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/footer.php on line 46

~~~~~~~~~~~

[quote="Druide"]copy the catalog/includes/functions/user_tracking.php to admin/includes/functions/user_tracking.php and change your admin/includes/footer.php to

[code]<?php

/*

$Id: footer.php,v 1.11 2002/10/29 22:28:51 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

if ( ADMIN_CONFIG_USER_TRACKING == 'true') { tep_update_user_tracking(); echo ' <font size="-2" color=red>your behavior is recorded</font>'; }

?>

<br>
+ rest of normal code

That will do the job, 110% sure;)[/quote]

working on it  =)  sorry folks, I am a php n00bie[/code]

Thanks!

Starkness

It was right in front of me. I messed up when I mis-read the instructions regarding uploading the user_tracking.php file into the catalog/includes/functions dir.... I read it as needing to upload the GeoIP.dat file.

This is nice. Thanks very much to all who contributed this mod!!!

Have a great weekend.

Greg

Thanks!

Starkness

Just a niggly thing if anyone can help...

When I click view session, I get a list of all the pages the person has viewed but you should be able to click on the link, but the link doesnt include my full URL!!!

It only includes the folder name and sub folders where my site is rather than the http://www.test.co.uk if you get what I mean, any ideas anyone???

Cheers :D

Howdy!

I was having that "tep_parse_category_path" problem as well when I had the config in admin panel to record Administrator clicks. As soon as I set this to false i didn't get the error. Not a big deal, because why would I want to track my own path? But it bugged me that there was this error when Admin set to True...

I tried the 110 % solution Mr. Druide Patience is a Virtue presented on an earlier page:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...ypath&start=170

but it didn't solve my problem. By adding a similar user_tracking.php to admin/includes/functions you only solve one problem.

There is no "tep_parse_category_path" function in the admin files: application_top.php or general.php which is what the error is referring to.

I don't know how to add those functions or change things around. I did something though which seems to take the error away...and i am getting Admin user tracking (but that is only because I have not included my own IP number).

This is what I did: I checked up how the admin filed were handling the cPath's. Then I changed the uploaded from the catalog directory to admin directory admin/includes/functions/user_tracking.php as follows:

$cPath_array = tep_parse_category_path($cPath);

$cPath = implode('_', $cPath_array);

to:

$cPath_array = explode('_', $cPath);

Opinions from people who -> know <- php would be appreciated! :P

After a few fraught moments, I have finally installed v1.35 successfully - without this thread and reading through the problems that other people had encountered I would still be struggling, especially with the fact that GeoIP.dat. is a compressed file as downloaded...

A HUGE thank you for the contribution and particulary the authors, it is going to be a great help for our website.

I'm going to spend the next week looking at the output (even though the site is still in development) and thinking how to use the tool to improve the future success of our website.

I doff my cap to the authors and only hope that one day, I can provide something so useful to the osCommerce world...

Keep Smiling,

Keith

First of all, great contribution! The interface is very professional and the install was very straight forward. That said I have a problem...

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_FLAGS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'flags/');

This should help..

Thanks, :D now is better but not show the flag name:http://ponto/solis/admin/images/flags/.gif

Are your flag images uploaded to /admin/images/flags ?

Well, I had a long post typed up and I just deleted it because I think I know what the problem is. Like the guy above me, I had flags/ defined right below images/, I had the flags uploaded properly, and I had the GeoIP uploaded propperly. But I was getting a red X where the flag should be and no text for the country. I was the only traffic on the site (it's not live yet) and it wasn't registering a nationalality for me. I got ahold of a friend and had him go to the site and click around a little and I was seeing him and his American Flag just fine. I think it's because (I live in the middle of nowhere Texas where good internet connections don't exist) so I have a satellite ISP (anyone thinking of getting DirecWay, don't..for a thousand reasons: don't...but I guess that's another topic). I assume that DirecWay isn't sitting well with the data in the GeoIP. I don't really think anything can be done about it, but I decided to post this anyways just to let you guys know and hopefully prevent another DirecWay user from pulling his hair out like I was. Or...I could be totally wrong with my guess and it is something else alltogether.

Anyways, thanks again for the great contribution and terrific support in this forum for it.

Hi,

I can't get user tracking at all--only admin tracking which is working fine. User tracking is "on" and I double and triple checked to make sure all files are uploaded and modded as described in the instructions. What am I missing? Please help. I'm running MS2 and installed version 1.35.

Thanks,

Joseph

I took everything out and reinstalled it from scratch again but the same problem persists: only admin is being tracked; not users.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks,

Joseph

Did you add to the /includes/footer.php

<?php

if ( OSC_CONFIG_USER_TRACKING == 'true') { tep_update_user_tracking(); }

?>

And did you turn it on in the Admin settings?