• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

User Tracking with Admin 1.31 Released

Druide

Hi,

Has anyone come across this type of outtput in User Tracking before, showing the user alledgedy returning to the home page between each click - obviously they aren't, but the page impressions are ending up in the database, and a knock-on effect is that checkout information (in particular billing information) is lost.

Can't see the image above? Try http://www.outtoplay.co.nz/images/user_tracking_problem.jpg

This is happening during a witnessed session (with the store owner). His PC has this issue, but another PC in his office does not - both running the same version of IE. One worrying thought is that there may be some tracking software running on his PC?

Thanks in advance.

Quentin

Have you checked the obvious things like cookie behaviour and cache settings? Also a spyware check?

May I also suggest that you try using Firefox 2 on the machine where the problem is occurring? Not only because Firefox is a far superior browser (in my opinion) but more importantly because with the various extensions available, you can see a lot of what is going on in webpages. For example, the extensions, Live HTTP Headers" (http://livehttpheaders.mozdev.org/), "Web Developer Tools" (http://chrispederick.com/work/webdeveloper/) and "Firebug" (http://www.joehewitt.com/software/firebug/)

Best regards,

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

No matter what I do I can't see any flags and I only have 1 user at any given time - and no more??

1) I have uploaded flags to admin/images/flags?

(put "define('DIR_WS_FLAGS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'flags/');" in admin/includes/configure.php AFTER the images define)

2) add to catalog/includes/application_top.php says the help file

Look for:

tep_session_start();

add after:
// user_tracking modifications 
  if (!$referer_url) { 
$referer_url = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_REFERER']; 
	if ($referer_url) { 
		tep_session_register('referer_url'); 
	} 
}

but there is 3 of tep_session_start();

- where should the code be inserted??

Can this be the code that prevent me from seeing only 1 user??

Any help - I would be happy for

Helle :'(

Hi there,

I've installed User Tracking v1.40.2 and sometimes when I click on "View Session" or "Purge all Records" I get a blank page. As a result all admin pages are displaied blank until I close the browser and re-login. The only workaround is to truncate the user_tracking table.....

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem (or something similar) as HelleM, installed the contribution, inserted the code using the example files included in the distribution. But somehow I only see ONE session ID all the time, and when I select "View Session" it doesn't display the clicks. The referrer URL and the country doesn't display either.

Anyone had this problem before?

Thanks,

Johan

Edited by Zwartenbeek

I have the same problem (or something similar) as HelleM, installed the contribution, inserted the code using the example files included in the distribution. But somehow I only see ONE session ID all the time, and when I select "View Session" it doesn't display the clicks. The referrer URL and the country doesn't display either.

Anyone had this problem before?

Thanks,

Johan

The install is not very clear how to use the GeoIP

I downloaded this:

http://www.maxmind.com/download/geoip/database/GeoIP.dat.gz

Unzipped it and uploaded an 666 Kb file in the admin/include folder.

Dobblecheked that I had followed the install txt ok - and vupti - everything worked....

it was the GeoIP.dat file I had not understood correct

Hope it will help you

Helle

The install is not very clear how to use the GeoIP

I downloaded this:

http://www.maxmind.com/download/geoip/database/GeoIP.dat.gz

Unzipped it and uploaded an 666 Kb file in the admin/include folder.

Dobblecheked that I had followed the install txt ok - and vupti - everything worked....

it was the GeoIP.dat file I had not understood correct

Hope it will help you

Helle

Thanks a LOT, I uploaded the new GeoIP.dat and everything works now!

Thanks,

Johan

• 2 weeks later...

hello.

i installed the latest version. i am not good at programming but i think there's something wrong with this line 299 in /admin/user_tracking.php

<td class="dataTableContent" valign="top"><?php echo '<a href="'  . USER_TRACKING_WHOIS_URL . $ut['value']['ip_address']; ?>" target="_new"><?php echo $ut['value']['ip_address']; ?></a></td>

on my IDE, everything afterwards is shown like a string.

my apologizes if i am completely mistaken. :blink:

-z-

• 1 month later...

must be simple but i am confused in admin area after i click user tracking link on column left and then refresh the page or click on another link or same ling the admin area changes language.

i would appreciate any help

great contribution

must be simple but i am confused in admin area after i click user tracking link on column left and then refresh the page or click on another link or same ling the admin area changes language.

i would appreciate any help

great contribution

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have two questions, they are somewhat related. My user_tracking table is taking up too much space. I have google sessions in my table which usually adds a few thousand rows every time they visit. Is there a way to stop these google sessions from being recorded? Or is possible to purge the user_tracking table every week or so?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I have this contribution installed and functioning on 3 sites. I've just added it to a friend's site that also has the Register Globals patch and it does not work properly. Maybe someone here can help?

Basic function is OK -- user_tracking.php displays the list of visitors with all the correct information. However, when either of the two links Delete Session or View Session are clicked the expected result is not obtained. Delete Session; page refreshes without deleting session. View Session; page refreshes and displays the correct session *without* the additional page information.

Also, none of the purge links actually do anything to the database -- this I've seen posted here before and have tried to correct previously.

I'm much more concerned as to why View Session does not work and how to fix it. Does anyone have this working with register globals off using the RG patch? If it is not due to the RG -- any other ideas?

I have this contribution installed and functioning on 3 sites. I've just added it to a friend's site that also has the Register Globals patch and it does not work properly. Maybe someone here can help?

Basic function is OK -- user_tracking.php displays the list of visitors with all the correct information. However, when either of the two links Delete Session or View Session are clicked the expected result is not obtained. Delete Session; page refreshes without deleting session. View Session; page refreshes and displays the correct session *without* the additional page information.

Also, none of the purge links actually do anything to the database -- this I've seen posted here before and have tried to correct previously.

I'm much more concerned as to why View Session does not work and how to fix it. Does anyone have this working with register globals off using the RG patch? If it is not due to the RG -- any other ideas?

This problem is caused by using the Register Globals patch. The problem is with the GET variables time and viewsession. I was able to work a "fix" and posting it here in case anyone else needs:

in admin/user_tracking.php find

$LIMIT_DISPLAY_SESSIONS = CONFIG_USER_TRACKING_SESSION_LIMIT; 
//  $MIN_CLICK_COUNT = 1;

ADD AFTER

// Register Globals Fix
link_get_variable('time');
link_get_variable('viewsession');

There is supposedly a better more "correct" way of fixing variables to work with register globals off but I don't know how to do this -- would appreciate if anyone here knows how to properly rewrite user_tracking.php to work with Register Globals patch and post an updated file.

Thanks,

Maureen

Edited by Maureen

...There is supposedly a better more "correct" way of fixing variables to work with register globals off but I don't know how to do this...

I'm not at all familiar with this "User Tracking" contribution but judging from the fix that you posted up, the more correct way of fixing this (indeed, the way the contribution should have been written in the first place) would be to find all instances of where the variables 'time' and 'viewsession' are used and replace those references with $_GET['time'] and $_GET['viewsession'] respectively.

Of course, it is possible the these variables are also accessed from other files that may be brought into the 'user_tracking.php' file. In which case, you need to alter those references too. Then again, if this is not the case then the change is restricted to just the one file.

Hope this helps

Rich.

• 1 month later...
I'm not at all familiar with this "User Tracking" contribution but judging from the fix that you posted up, the more correct way of fixing this (indeed, the way the contribution should have been written in the first place) would be to find all instances of where the variables 'time' and 'viewsession' are used and replace those references with $_GET['time'] and $_GET['viewsession'] respectively.

Of course, it is possible the these variables are also accessed from other files that may be brought into the 'user_tracking.php' file. In which case, you need to alter those references too. Then again, if this is not the case then the change is restricted to just the one file.

Hope this helps

Rich.

Thanks Rich... I did try replacing the references as mentioned but must have missed something as it did not work. A file search for the variables in question reports only in the user_tracking.php file. Right now it is working as previously mentioned so I will leave it until I have more time to "play"

I do appreciate that you responded in this topic! Thanks again :)

Maureen

• 1 month later...
http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1055

Let me know if you like the new version :)

or if you find a bug or so too ofcourse...

I just installed User Tracking with Admin 1.4.2 on my osCommerce 2.2 RC1 with STS 4.5 but when I try to go to the site I get the following error (this is trying to access the home page) I get the following error message:

1146 - Table 'db216611874.TABLE_USER_TRACKING' doesn't exist

insert into TABLE_USER_TRACKING (customer_id, full_name, session_id, ip_address, time_entry, time_last_click, last_page_url, referer_url, page_desc) values ('', 'Guest', '6b71e4108a5ff9e59950fea53dbd1037', '67.86.199.171', '1189997227', '1189997227', '/', '', 'Welcome!! Make sure you visit the Ebooks,Cheats and Strategies section to get your free gift!!!!')

[TEP STOP]

What did I do wrong or is there something I can do to fix this?

Edited by elcidd

I just installed User Tracking with Admin 1.4.2 on my osCommerce 2.2 RC1 with STS 4.5 but when I try to go to the site I get the following error (this is trying to access the home page) I get the following error message:

1146 - Table 'db216611874.TABLE_USER_TRACKING' doesn't exist

insert into TABLE_USER_TRACKING (customer_id, full_name, session_id, ip_address, time_entry, time_last_click, last_page_url, referer_url, page_desc) values ('', 'Guest', '6b71e4108a5ff9e59950fea53dbd1037', '67.86.199.171', '1189997227', '1189997227', '/', '', 'Welcome!! Make sure you visit the Ebooks,Cheats and Strategies section to get your free gift!!!!')

[TEP STOP]

What did I do wrong or is there something I can do to fix this?

Sounds like you have not run the included sql file (User Tracking with Admin Area.sql). The sql file installs the TABLE_USER_TRACKING into your database.

CREATE TABLE user_tracking (
 customer_id int(11) default NULL,
 click_id int(11) default NULL,
 full_name varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',
 session_id varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',
 ip_address varchar(15) NOT NULL default '',
 time_entry varchar(14) NOT NULL default '',
 time_last_click varchar(14) NOT NULL default '',
 last_page_url varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',
 referer_url varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
 page_desc varchar(64) NOT NULL default ''
) TYPE=MyISAM;

• 8 months later...

hi,

I'd really like to only list the sessions that contain 'shopping_cart.php' over the past 24hrs. Does anyone have any suggestions to how i can change this query to only grab those sessions?

thanks

Marcus

:'(

Oeps..my mistake. It was sunday morning when I've uploaded this contribution and a "}" was missing around line 162 of user_tracking.php.

I've published v1.4.2 that fixes this bug. :lol:

Thanks for the bug report ! :thumbsup:

Didier.

I am using User Tracking with Admin 1.4.2_1 and get the error above

with the following setup:

Server OS: Linux 2.6.22.17-0.1-bigsmp Datenbank: MySQL 5.0.45

HTTP Server: Apache/2.2.4 (Linux/SUSE)

PHP Version: 5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Is there any help or chance to get this contribution to work with this setup?

Kind regards

Andreas

I am using User Tracking with Admin 1.4.2_1 and get the error above

with the following setup:

Server OS: Linux 2.6.22.17-0.1-bigsmp Datenbank: MySQL 5.0.45

HTTP Server: Apache/2.2.4 (Linux/SUSE)

PHP Version: 5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Is there any help or chance to get this contribution to work with this setup?

Kind regards

Andreas

Let me rephrase. I get this error in the logfile of the Apache:

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /vwww/bitcorner/root/shop/manager/user_tracking.php on line 358

Maybe it has something to do with PHP5 or MySQL5x? This is a great and important

contribtuion and it would be nice to have it working again with my new setup.

Andreas

• 11 months later...

I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but there are a lot of posts in this thread so I only skimmed. I saw other people asking about both of these, but did not see any responses.

Install instructions say:

add to catalog/includes/application_top.php

Look for:
tep_session_start();

add after:
// user_tracking modifications 
  if (!$referer_url) { 
$referer_url = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_REFERER']; 
	if ($referer_url) { 
		tep_session_register('referer_url'); 
	} 
}

but there are 3 occurances of "tep_session_start();" ... do I modify all three? If not, where does this modification go?

Should the GeoIP.data.gz be unpacked, or uploaded as-is? Also, the newest version of GeoIP.dat.gz is actually GeoIPv6.dat.gz. Should it simply be re-named? The file inside the archive is GeoIPv6.dat ... should it be renamed also?