• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon] Categories Accordion Box for 2.3.1

kymation

Yes, use the links below for the Products Specifications addon. You'll have to use a bit of CSS to get it to look like that.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 4 weeks later...

I just downloaded the lates full package, and it contains a few errors

1. It will not install - I had to download the "icon_selectro.php fix" version and replace the file

2. The sql query contains a c.retail = '1' This is not part of the stock 2.3.3 osC. I simply had to delete the line in 2 places in the getData() function.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your great addon. I downloaded and installed twice, but the result is same error.

00webcrash2.jpg

And when I open my website, the following error occur:

00webcrash.jpg

What is wrong?

@@nobodyfamous

I've made the following fixes:

1. The file icon_selector.php is no longer needed. You can just delete line 37 of the module file. I'll fix this and upload a new version.

2. I can't find c.retail = '1' anywhere in the code, or anything containing the string "retail". Is that in the "icon_selectro.php fix"?

@@Awie

See #1 above.

Thanks to you both for the bug reports. I've uploaded a new package to the Addons section with this fix.

Regards

Jim

Jim, thanks for sharing your work.

I have an output problem with the latest version, I installed.

I am running now:

PHP 5.4.7

OsCommrece 2.3.3

jquery : 1.8.3 / ui-1.9.2.min

The menu overlays the whole page included the header.

Its not fit in a column

If I open an accordion, it shows me a part of a javacode:

$(function() {

$( "#categoriesMenu" ).accordion({

autoHeight: false,

collapsible: true,

icons: {

'header': 'ui-icon-plus',

'headerSelected': 'ui-icon-minus'

},

active: 2

});

});

I forgot to do something or is there any experience yet ?

Regards

Nico

@@Nico01

osCommerce 2.3.3 does not support PHP 5.4 and higher, and I doubt that most of the addons do as well. This can cause some odd errors. Try PHP 5.3.

Your problem may also be related to your version of jQuery and jQuery UI. Try upgrading to the latest version.

Regards

Jim

@@kymation

PHP 5.3 same issue

jquery / jquery ui : jquery-1.9.1 / jquery-ui-1.10.3..min same issue

But the javacode is gone in the output.

Everything is working fine, only the menu overlays the whole webpage start on top (margin 0)

and involves some other boxes.

This starts up version 1.2.

Version 1.1 is running perfect.

I will digging ...

thanks for support, Jim.

Regards

Nico

Jim, I checked it on Firefox, IE 9 and Chrome.

Same thing.

I am missing something, but I cannot find out what...

It is possible, that in this section

$categories_string .= ' <h3';

$categories_string .= ' onclick="location.href=\'';

$categories_string .= tep_href_link( FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new );

$categories_string .= '\';"';

$categories_string .= '>';

$categories_string .= '<a href="#">';

$categories_string .= $tree[$counter]['name'];

$categories_string .= '</a>';

$categories_string .= '</h3>' . PHP_EOL;

$categories_string .= ' <div>' . PHP_EOL;

I have to give a definition to <h3>?

Because now the width shows 100%.

I am only wondering, its happens only on my page... so I have to search it on my system.

Thanks, Jim

Regards

Nico

No, the H3 tag gets restyled by the jQuery UI Accordion code. Unless you have a copy of jQuery UI without the accordion, this should just work.

Regards

Jim

Hi

Does this work in 2.3.3.

It looks like a great contribution but I can't seem to get it to work in 2.3.3 mind you I'm a real Bunny at this.

Many thanks

Grandpa

It works in every 2.3.3 store I've installed it in. Some people seem to have problems with it. I can't help with that unless you care to be specific about the problem you're having.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim

Thanks for your reply.

Should I post the url for the site, as if you are able to take a look, I think that would be better than any explanation I could do. Or should I pm the url to you.

Many thanks

Grandpa

That was a bug. My apologies if I didn't believe you, but it was something that didn't always show up. Anyway, I was able to reproduce the bug and then fix it.

I've uploaded a new version of the package to the Addons area. If you are upgrading from the previous version, you only need to upload the /catalog/includes/modules/boxes/bm_categories_accordion.php file.

Thanks to everyone who reported this bug.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

I have a colour problem: the hoover colour remains on the parent category "button" after being closed. I noticed the same problem on this site somebody posted previously: http://www.racingmedia.de/

I have the latest Jquery version 1.10.1 and latest (customized) LeFrog theme working otherwise properly. I also tried with previous versions of Jquery - all the same.

Thanx in advance

Edited by InspektorS

That's not the normal Accordion menu function. Clicking on a category should open the category page, and it should not be possible to close the category by clicking it again. Have you made changes to the code?

Regards

Jim

Hi

I have installed this add on which I think is great however. when a catagory is clicked on the page does a little dance and skip before it gets to the catagory clicked on. It certainly isnt as smooth as http://www.racingmedia.de/.

This is probably a silly question but where can colors and layout be changed.

Would appreciate if you could take a look at my "new" site and offer any help.( I did PM you recently so hope you may have the web site URL)

Many thanks

Grandpa

Hi Jim,

No I have not modified the code.

I am talking about top-level categories that appear on the index page which are drop-down menus (according to my understanding of accordion box).

Once I open the top-category, the links to the inside categories are ok and (if clicked) they open a new page.

But when the top-level category is pulled-up (closed), the hoover color remains on the top-level category "button" (as you can notice on that site I mentioned).

I hope I got it right and I explained it right.

s.t.

@@grandpaj

Yes, that's the way it works. It takes time for the new category page to load, and that results in some undesirable visual effects. However, fixing that would require some kind of AJAX page load mechanism, and that's more work than I want to do. Feel free to do that yourself if you really want it.

The other site you linked is using modified code, and you'll note that it does not open the new category page when you click on a top-level category. If you want that action, the modifications to the code are discussed earlier in this thread.

The colors are set by the theme. You can change your theme using these instructions or by installing Theme Switcher (see the link below.)

@@InspektorS

The stock Accordion module does not work like your site, so you are using modified code. I know how this thing works. I wrote it.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

You are right, I modified the code (and forgot about it) according to this instructions of yours:

I haven't tested this, but it should work All code in catalog/includes/modules/boxes/bm_categories_accordion.php. First, find these lines:

$categories_string .= ' onclick="location.href=\'';

$categories_string .= tep_href_link( FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new );

$categories_string .= '\';"';

and comment them out. That should prevent the top-level categories from opening the categories page.