• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon] Categories Accordion Box for 2.3.1

kymation

The jQuery accordion won't work as a horizontal menu, so that's not really an option. This would probably be better done as a module for the header-footer content modules Addon. Perhaps a modification of the hfc_shortcut_buttons.php would work.

In any case, I have no plans to do this.

Regards

JIm

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I tried to deal with this addon...

In admin its ok..

In index its ok as well..

When I click on the categories... all my site is messed up!!!!! I dont know what is the problem and my site is going so wrong.. I am looking for an answer for days.. Please if anyone knows the answer please.. let me know..

My site is.. www.monokouki.gr ...

thank you very much..

Your problem has nothing to do with the Accordion Box. You have many HTML errors on that page. I see tables that are opened and never closed. I see an unordered list that is closed that was never opened. I see divs that are closed that were never opened. You need to fix all of these errors.

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

That release has the admin files in the wrong directory. Move the files from catalog/admin/includes/ to catalog/admin/includes/functions/modules/boxes/.

Regards

Jim

That release has the admin files in the wrong directory. Move the files from catalog/admin/includes/ to catalog/admin/includes/functions/modules/boxes/.

Regards

Jim

Now it works perfect! =) Thanx!

It looks great on my test site, but when you dont have any subcategories it looks empty when the category expands.

I would love to not only show the subcategories, but also the category products in the menu.

I have manage to do it on a older 2.2 store, but the structure of the accordation box is a littel bit to hard for me.

If anybody have a solution, please tell me! thumbsup.gif

I will try a few hours to night.. but i dont think i can solve ut. blush.png

Hi Jim,

This looks to be an excellent contribution, but I have 2 problems with it.

1. If a category has been selected and therefore expanded, clicking on the top level category does not go back to the top level category page, it stays on the same page but closes the category drop down. To get back to the top level category it is necessary to either click on the category in the breadcrumb or to select another category, then the first one.

2. After adding a new category and a couple of products the new category shows the first time the home page is viewed, but then disappears never to be shown again. Trying again in a different browser again shows the new category the first time a page is viewed but never again. So it looks like a cacheing issue but I'm not sure where to start looking.

This installation is the first mod installed on a stock clean osc2.3.1 base

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks

Addition to post #59 above

It seems that after adding a new category (see point 2) it is necessary to "Reset" the cache. Then the new category shows every time.

Would it be possible to automatically clear the cache after adding a new category?

Addition to post #59 above

It seems that after adding a new category (see point 2) it is necessary to "Reset" the cache. Then the new category shows every time.

Would it be possible to automatically clear the cache after adding a new category?

Yes, it's possible, you could open admin/categories.php and find:

if (USE_CACHE == 'true') {

tep_reset_cache_block('categories');

tep_reset_cache_block('also_purchased');

}

and add in:

tep_reset_cache_block('categories_box2');

Untested but it may work, ill have a look later hopefully, it may require further coding like in the frontend in the admin functions part.

Edited by chrish123

1. True. I'll take a look at that. It may not be possible, due to the nature of the jQuery Accordion style.

2. The cache should clear after adding a new category. That's a bug. I'll take a look at that as well.

Regards

Jim

Hello,

Is there a way so when you click on a category link it doesnt load the page but just expands (For example: you click on the "Hardware" link on the navbar while on index.php and it expands the category but still stays on index.php instead of going to the category list page)

Thank you

Thx for great addon.

It is possible to make this and disable reload?

Thx for great addon.

It is possible to make this and disable reload?

There is no reload involved, so I don't know what you mean.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

• 1 month later...

I've uploaded a new version that fixes a few annoying bugs:

• If you click on a top-level category when you are already looking at a subcategory of that category, the box now opens the category you clicked on.
  • Cache now works correctly and does not interfere with the old categories box cache.
  • The box now works properly on shared SSL pages. This is an option for those users who have shared SSL and are seeing problems.

I smuggest an upgrade only for those users who are having problems. The appearance is otherwise the same as the previous release.

Regards

Jim

I've uploaded another bugfix release to correct a typo in the module file. If you have installed version 1.1, please replace the module file with the one in this package.

Regards

Jim

This addon provides a Categories box styled with the jQuery UI Accordion controls. Top-level categories are Section headers and subcategories are links inside the Content panels. The box works the same way the stock osCommerce box does, the difference is only in styling.

Code is now available here.

Regards

Jim

I've copied all the files to the correct directories. In the admin panel, I go to modules, boxes and press the install button.

I get a page with the accordian catalog but there is no further button to install. Any ideas?

That usually means there's an error in one of the files. Try uploading the files again.

Regards

Jim

I tried but no difference. Below is a screenshot. It looks good but there is nothing to the right of what you see here.

That's still most likely an error in one of the files. This code works on my test site, so a code error is unlikely (although not impossible.)

The page is halting on an error. You can't see the error because you have error display blocked. You need to find your error log and see what it says. If you can't access the PHP logs, edit your admin/includes/application_top.php to turn on error reporting. Change this line

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

to this

error_reporting(E_ALL);

Regards

Jim

Hello,

Is there a way so when you click on a category link it doesnt load the page but just expands (For example: you click on the "Hardware" link on the navbar while on index.php and it expands the category but still stays on index.php instead of going to the category list page)

Thank you

Hi Frank,

I was looking for the same request and I found this very good solution:

http://mjawaid.wordpress.com/2011/12/05/displaying-all-categories-and-sub-categories-in-category-box-in-oscommerce/

I think that this is very important property for this contribution.

First of all, I want to say that these contrib is awesome!!! Thank you!

Could anyone help me? I´ve these problem, I want to separete the Accordion Box to the other boxes.

I can add a "padding-bottom" but I don´t get a good proportion

e4352c0c18a413766cabbdb65e039bd8o.jpg

In-line CSS seems to work for me. In catalog/includes/modules/boxes/bm_categories_accordion.php, find this line:

$data .= '    <div id="categoriesMenu">' . PHP_EOL;

and change it to

$data .= '    <div id="categoriesMenu" style="padding-bottom: 10px;">' . PHP_EOL;

Adjust the 10px to suit.

Regards

Jim

In-line CSS seems to work for me. In catalog/includes/modules/boxes/bm_categories_accordion.php, find this line:

$data .= '	<div id="categoriesMenu">' . PHP_EOL;

and change it to

$data .= '	<div id="categoriesMenu" style="padding-bottom: 10px;">' . PHP_EOL;

Adjust the 10px to suit.

Regards

Jim

THANK YOU!!! really fast answer!

it works!