Sign in to follow this  
EPStore

What Contribution?

Hey guys,

I searched the whole contributions but I didn't find any that could help me.

So, here's my "problem"... I'd like to get rid of my "What's New" module and replace it with a simple page of introduction for my products (image + couple of lines).

These products can be accessed through a column on the left hand side, so that new page would just give an overview of what can be found in that column.

Maybe I could just write something in html and use it as my intro page... but I really do suck at organising the different elements as to make them look good. So, yes, you could say I've got zero talent at making layouts... which is the reason why I wanted to see if there was any add-on/contrib that could be used to help me present my products in the best light possible.

Any ideas, guys?

Btw, I'm using ver 2.3.1

It sounds like the Categories Images addon would do what you want. If you are using version 2.3.1, use the Categories Images module in the Modular Front Page addon.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hey Kimation, thanks for the answer... but I think I wasn't clear enough in my previous message. Sorry but the first page of my "shop" is not my front page (which is nothing but a giant slideshow), so I don't know if your contribution would help...

To access the shop, one has to click on "Shop" in the header... and it's that click that lands on the "What's New" page that I'd like to change (file: products_new.php)

Any other idea?

TK,

You can link 'shop' to any page you wish. It sounds like you want to create a new page with your own information on it and link 'shop' to it. Is that correct ?

Chris

:|: Was this post helpful ? Click the LIKE THIS button :|:

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)

Yes, Chris, it's more or less like it.

My problem, as I tried to explain earlier, is that I would need a predefined structure for that page as I really suck at creating layouts.

So, yea, maybe it's not really a contribution that I should look for...

Hmm, I dunno :-)