• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do you add a text option product attribute?

Decati

Hi there

I have just recently downloaded OsCommerce 2.3.1.

I need a text option product attribute, that my clients can complete, rather than a predefined dropdown box. I found the following add on: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/160 which i hoped would work

I installed everything as per the requirements but I got the following error: Warning: require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONScompatibility.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in.........

I have just spent the last 4 hours trying to find out what the warning means, and if there are any other ways of getting a text option product attribute. I have not been able to find any answers. Unfortunately i am also a bit of a newbie when it comes to programming, so i may be missing something obvious.

Please can someone help me. I need a text based option for my products attributes, for Osc 2.3.1.

Thanks

Deb

• 3 months later...

HI,

I have tried the same, but got a bit further, you have to cut & paste the details out of the includes/local/configure.php file and out them into your includes/languages/english.php file. There is also one for the admin section.

I have the contribution installed, but I only get a pull-down box for the attribute on the products_info.php page... so am getting a bit stuck/frustrated as need text input from customer!

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I now have it installed and working. Once I've finished my clients site, I'll go through and upload it to 2.3.1 as a working contribution! will be at least a couple of weeks though.

This would be excellent for many people. I have a site that needs to be done in a week and I've been struggling with this one issue. That contribution is really a mess with scores of "fixes" posted in the version descriptions at the Add-Ons center. Could you at least tell me which full version you used as your base and which fixes you applied from the list? If I have the same starting point as you, perhaps I can stumble my way through adapting it as well. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Actually, I now have it installed and working. Once I've finished my clients site, I'll go through and upload it to 2.3.1 as a working contribution! will be at least a couple of weeks though.

It would be awesome if you would share the result! Because I am really getting crazy!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have it working on 2.3.1 - well the last installation I did for client was on that version - I haven tried again on the later versions

Would you be able to share your files with me that need to be edited/added for this package so that I can see where my files are wrong? Thanks so much for responding!

I've just had a look at the addon I have - the addon I have is called Products Extra Fields - I'm sure that does the same thing though, I'm not 100% sure though

I just need it to have a text input box available as a product option type instead of just a dropdown menu.

After looking at the Products Extra Fields addon you mentioned, I do not think that is the same thing as what this thread is about. Need the ability to add an option to a product that shows up as a text input box for shoppers to enter text as an option for the product instead of choosing from a dropdown menu.

Edited by Jabbathe22