• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribtion] Year/Make/Model for OSC v2.3.x

Hello everyone,

I checked the web and there are two particularly slow queries. I point these two queries if you can give me some advice:

"

Parse Time: 12.822s

Current Parse Time: 12.823 s with 459 queries

QUERY DEBUG:

Array

(

[QUERIES] => Array

(

[0] => select value from sessions where sesskey = '88d2b2c52b144df681f7b8437b138038' and expiry > '1376319442'

[1] => select code, title, symbol_left, symbol_right, decimal_point, thousands_point, decimal_places, value from currencies

[2] => select languages_id, name, code, image, directory from languages order by sort_order

[3] => delete from whos_online where time_last_click < '1376318542'

[4] => select count(*) as count from whos_online where session_id = '88d2b2c52b144df681f7b8437b138038'

[5] => update whos_online set customer_id = '0', full_name = 'Guest', ip_address = '87.221.28.120', time_last_click = '1376319442', last_page_url = '/'

etc

etc

etc....

[157] => select distinct products_car_make, products_car_model, products_car_year_bof, products_car_year_eof from products_ymm where products_car_make != '' and products_car_model != '' and products_car_year_bof !=0 and products_car_year_eof != 0 order by products_car_make, products_car_model, products_car_year_bof, products_car_year_eof

etc

etc

etc....

[349] => SELECT cd.categories_alt_imagen, p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, IF (s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) AS specials_new_products_price, p.products_price, pd.products_name FROM products p LEFT JOIN specials s ON p.products_id = s.products_id LEFT JOIN products_description pd ON p.products_id = pd.products_id AND pd.language_id = '3'

LEFT JOIN products_to_categories p2c ON p.products_id = p2c.products_id

LEFT JOIN categories_description cd ON p2c.categories_id = cd.categories_id

LEFT JOIN featured f ON p.products_id = f.products_id

WHERE cd.categories_id = p2c.categories_id and cd.language_id = '3' and p.products_status = '1' AND f.status = '1' order by rand(692469238) DESC limit 9

etc

etc

etc....

)

[TIME] => Array

(

[0] => 0.005322

[1] => 0.001707

[2] => 0.002025

[3] => 0.002469

[4] => 0.002716

[5] => 0.003216

etc

etc

etc....

[157] => 5.927031

etc

etc

etc....

[349] => 1.116730

)

)

"

Hello:

I found that when refresh the page, the SQL queries running quickly.

[157] => 0.033258

etc

etc

etc....

[349] => 0.019945

This has made me think that the problem may be caused by cookies check when entering the first page.

Can this be possible?

The reality is that the page refreshes in 3 seconds when initially almost takes 13 to open.

Thank you very much for your opinions and advice.

Regards,

Hi Nacho

Not sure what you are seeing but the site is loading very fast in IE and Firefox by me looking from UK

See no problem quicker than a few days ago.

regards

Joli

Sure?? :D

It's a relief for me to read your reply.

From Google Spain, with Firefox is very slow.

I'm afraid that harm me in Google search results because of slow execution times.

@@joli1811, thanks for your reply.

• 1 month later...

@@DunWeb Will there be an update to work with osc 2.3.3.3? I still get this error after the update:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') and p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.produc' at line 1

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_id in () and p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, which oscommerce version does this addon work on? Ive tried installing it on every version from 2.3.3 - 2.3.3.4 without any good results.

This is what it looks like on my fresh 2.3.3.4 installation:

http://www.dhsbilservice.se/bilder/IMG01.jpg

http://www.dhsbilservice.se/bilder/IMG02.jpg

http://www.dhsbilservice.se/bilder/IMG03.jpg

http://www.dhsbilservice.se/bilder/IMG04.jpg

Thanks in advance // Jonas

Hello, which oscommerce version does this addon work on? Ive tried installing it on every version from 2.3.3 - 2.3.3.4 without any good results.

This is what it looks like on my fresh 2.3.3.4 installation:

http://www.dhsbilservice.se/bilder/IMG01.jpg

http://www.dhsbilservice.se/bilder/IMG02.jpg

http://www.dhsbilservice.se/bilder/IMG03.jpg

http://www.dhsbilservice.se/bilder/IMG04.jpg

apart from a missing language define all the rest looks ok.

apart from a missing language define all the rest looks ok.

Hmm, then I have to ask you how to use it heh.. Because when I fill out the information when adding a new product, it doesnt get added. Also I the "Use Previous" dropdowns doesnt get filled with any information. And I haven't seen any related errors, non at all for that matter. Maybe I should check out the mysql logs, as there might be a problem inserting the information into the database?

Hmm, then I have to ask you how to use it heh.. Because when I fill out the information when adding a new product, it doesnt get added. Also I the "Use Previous" dropdowns doesnt get filled with any information. And I haven't seen any related errors, non at all for that matter. Maybe I should check out the mysql logs, as there might be a problem inserting the information into the database?

Have you done as per the post linked below? The most current version of osC uses MySQLi, so you have to update all references to mysql_ as explained in the link below......

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/370902-contribtion-yearmakemodel-for-osc-v23x/page__st__200#entry1677588

• 2 months later...

Have you done as per the post linked below? The most current version of osC uses MySQLi, so you have to update all references to mysql_ as explained in the link below......

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/370902-contribtion-yearmakemodel-for-osc-v23x/page__st__200#entry1677588

Not quite sure what is meant by that, but I'm running PHP 5.3.13 so that fix shouldnt be needed for me it seems?

Maybe im doing something wrong during my install?

What I do is I copy the files to the catalog folder, then I install it. I added the SQL to the install files so that it creates the table and so forth. Then when the installation is done i install the module under modules>boxes.

After this everything should be golden, no?

Still facing the same problems as before, so if anyone have any suggestions. Feel free to shime in!

Thanks in advance.

Nevermind, I resolved it. There was still one occurence of mysql_* in categories.php.

Edited by srtu

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again, didn't get the last version to work. Populated the database fine but I couldnt use the drop downs to search for products..

Tried installing everything again and now I'm back to square 1, running OSC 2.3.1 and the latest YMM. I'm running it on WAMP Apache 2.2.22, PHP 5.3.13 and MySQL 5.5.24.

It looks as it looked on the SS's I posted before, http://www.dhsbilservice.se/bilder/IMG01.jpg , http://www.dhsbilservice.se/bilder/IMG02.jpg , http://www.dhsbilservice.se/bilder/IMG03.jpg , http://www.dhsbilservice.se/bilder/IMG04.jpg .

I've replaced all the mysql_* occurencies with tep_db_* as was suggested, stll no luck.

What I do, in this order is. Create the database, install OSC, populate the database with the YMM data, move the YMM files over to OSC, install the box from modules >> boxes. After that it looks like on the SS's, and I can't populate the database.

I saw that there was a new step in the latest YMM version "install box from Catalog >> ymmajax.php", not sure about how to perform this one. I dont have anything called ymmajax.php under my catalog dropdown in the admin panel.

I'm starting to run out of ideas =/

Any ideas nor help would be much appriciated!

@@DunWeb

Hi Chris,

I have a bit of a bug and I am not sure what is causing it.

I am using the fork you made for the extra part field and it works to a degree except that when I make a selection from all dropdowns and the ajax invokes it produces this error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') and p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.produc' at line 1

select count(distinct p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_id in () and p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

However if I go back to the index.php (the dropdowns are still prefilled) and I click the 'go' button then the code works perfectly and the relevant products are displayed.

I have narrowed the offending query down to this one:

if($current_category_id){
 $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where " . (YMM_FILTER_PRODUCT_LISTING == 'Yes' ? $YMM_where : '') . " p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
}else{
 $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where " . (YMM_FILTER_PRODUCT_LISTING == 'Yes' ? $YMM_where : '') . " p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'";
}

as for if there is a problem with the ajax then I have no idea.

Any help would be appreciated on this one.

Thanks

Mark

@@DunWeb

Hi Chris,

I have a bit of a bug and I am not sure what is causing it.

I am using the fork you made for the extra part field and it works to a degree except that when I make a selection from all dropdowns and the ajax invokes it produces this error:

However if I go back to the index.php (the dropdowns are still prefilled) and I click the 'go' button then the code works perfectly and the relevant products are displayed.

I have narrowed the offending query down to this one:

if($current_category_id){
$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where " . (YMM_FILTER_PRODUCT_LISTING == 'Yes' ? $YMM_where : '') . " p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
}else{
$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where " . (YMM_FILTER_PRODUCT_LISTING == 'Yes' ? $YMM_where : '') . " p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'";
}

as for if there is a problem with the ajax then I have no idea.

Any help would be appreciated on this one.

Thanks

Mark

ok I found out what the issue was.

As the part code I had 12" and when I changed it to just 12 it worked

now to work out how to escape that character when being called from the database so I can still use the " character.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I installed the module as per instructions. I am new to OSC so I guess I am a little lost. I can't seem to add year make and model info in a product and there is nothing in the dropdown boxes, completely empty with no "Choose Make" etc. What am I supposed to do now?

Also is there a way to add more dropdown box searches, I need it for something like "Dodge" - "Ram 1500" - "SLT" - "8 cly". Otherwise this whole cart system wont work for me.

if you use this version by DunWeb 'http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7835

download the 'FORK' which will give you the extra field you need.

If nothing is showing then recheck your install to ensure it is all correct and make sure the year/make/model info is being saved to the database.

Mark

Edited by PupStar

if you use this version by DunWeb 'http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7835

download the 'FORK' which will give you the extra field you need.

If nothing is showing then recheck your install to ensure it is all correct and make sure the year/make/model info is being saved to the database.

Mark

Hi Thanks for responding. There was one file, products_info.php which I uploaded but i don't see any changes. When I try to set the YMM, it doesn't save anything.

@@DunWeb Okay new problem, I reinstalled, made sure I used Dunweb's files this time but now the box destroys the html column tables on the page unless I use it at the end of the right column. Still can't create a new product and enter the ymmp info, wont save anything. What am I missing?