• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Featured Products for v2.3.x

I like to install the featured products add-on. I've been browsing the forum for some clues on how to install add-ons, but can't seem to find a guide on how to install add-ons.

Can someone point me to the installation guide on how to install the featured products add-on.

I like to install the featured products add-on. I've been browsing the forum for some clues on how to install add-ons, but can't seem to find a guide on how to install add-ons.

Can someone point me to the installation guide on how to install the featured products add-on.

Download it and follow the included installation instructions.

Chris

Hello !

Excuse for my bad english

I have two problems :

Next administration in the "Configuration" menu "new properties" I have menus that are repeated every 2 times:

Display Featured Products

Maximum Display of Featured

Include Sub Categories When Displaying Featured Products

Specials Featured Products Only When Displaying

Next catalog (my shop) I have this message on the homepage and boxes on the side is no longer displayed:

1054 - Unknown column 's.customers_group_id' in 'field list'

SELECT p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, s.customers_group_id, IF (s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) AS specials_new_products_price, p.products_price, pd.products_name FROM products p LEFT JOIN specials s ON p.products_id = s.products_id LEFT JOIN products_description pd ON p.products_id = pd.products_id AND pd.language_id = '4 'LEFT JOIN featured f ON p.products_id = f.products_id WHERE p.products_status = '1' AND f.status = '1 'AND s.customers_group_id = '0' order by rand (2346) DESC limit 6

Thank you for your help!

Oscommerce v.2.3.1

MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.8

@@Garrigue

Hello !

Excuse for my bad english

I have two problems :

Next administration in the "Configuration" menu "new properties" I have menus that are repeated every 2 times:

Next catalog (my shop) I have this message on the homepage and boxes on the side is no longer displayed:

SELECT p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, s.customers_group_id, IF (s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) AS specials_new_products_price, p.products_price, pd.products_name FROM products p LEFT JOIN specials s ON p.products_id = s.products_id LEFT JOIN products_description pd ON p.products_id = pd.products_id AND pd.language_id = '4 'LEFT JOIN featured f ON p.products_id = f.products_id WHERE p.products_status = '1' AND f.status = '1 'AND s.customers_group_id = '0' order by rand (2346) DESC limit 6

Thank you for your help!

Oscommerce v.2.3.1

This is because you ran the SQL twice. You will need to use PHPMYADMIN and delete the duplicate database entries.

Chris

Thank you for your help!

Oscommerce v.2.3.1

if you dont have SPPC module delete 'customers_group_id'.

Actually it works!

For duplicates not be found in the database. I searched all over the base! Nothing!

This does not preclude the operation.

Thank you for your help

• 4 weeks later...

Hi :)

I've installed this add-on (*double checks to make sure it's the right version*) and it's working fine, with the odd tweak or two of css and adding a short description, on my home server, but on uploading to the live site the admin page featured.php is giving me a 500 error. I've copied the files across and checked a load of times with Beyond Compare so I'm at a loss as to what the problem is, other than maybe a php or mysql version issue? Also I wondered if anyone had fixed the not displaying specials prices issue?

• 3 months later...

Hello

I have installed succesfully the Featured products 2x3x but I am getting a fatal error when I try to install the box module:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class bm_featured in /homez.520/fafimagi/www/catalog/includes/modules/boxes/bm_featured.php on line 17

I have installed the latest version of the bm_featured.php. I run the site in french language. Any idea of wht the pbm could be ?

Txs

Click the "Cannot redeclare..." link in my signature.

It will show you how to find the error.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just started using specials and found that the specials price does not appear on the home page with featured products displayed but does appear in the featured products list page. Any idea's on how to fix this. From what I have worked out so far the featured_products.php displays ok but the featured.php does not.

Thanks

Colin

Edited by cbonnar

Thanks

Colin

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I do hope someone can assist me.

I am "taking over" the development of an OSCommerce 2.3.1 site.

The "home" page is already designed and apparently the intention was to use the "Features Products" contrib. and allow feature featured products on the home page.

Now, I downloaded Featured Products v1.6.5_1.zip. There are installation instructions in the zip file.

Then I found the update for OSC 2.3.1: featured_for_SPPC_fix.zip

Now, I am not certain how/what to install.

I would greatly appreciate help in what I need to add/replace etc to install this contrib on 2.3.1

Thank you greatly in advance.

Update: after I posted this, checked to insure includes/modules/featured.php *is* present. Where else to look? Please read below.

Hi, your assistance would be greatly appreciated:

I have followed all the instructions installed the database table, & run the query.

Now, I have errors on the home page of the site: vellatest.com/isistest;

Warning: include(includes/modules/FILENAME_FEATURED) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/selenav/public_html/isistest/index.php on line 265

Warning: include(includes/modules/FILENAME_FEATURED) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/selenav/public_html/isistest/index.php on line 265

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_FEATURED' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/selenav/public_html/isistest/index.php on line 265

(It is repeated 3 times on the home page.)

I'm going to check this out, I am assuming that I should check index.php & includes/modules/FILENAME_FEATURED' -- but I would *really* appreciate some direction re *where to look* and *for what*. I would not be surprised if something is missing, as there were many files to update/upload. I am fairly new to OS Commerce, and this is one of more complex contribution I've attempted to use.

Now: one thing I was NOT able to do per instructions:

I was not able to able to upload include/boxes/featured.php, since in 2.3.1, the directory includes/boxes does not exist.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Edited by svella

Hello again: I am not able to edit my previous post; it seemed I may not have uploaded "includes/application.top"... so I uploaded it to the server.

Please disregard my previous error.

So now I have a DIFFERENT error:

1146 - Table 'selenav_osc1.TABLE_FEATURED' doesn't exist

select featured_id from TABLE_FEATURED where status = '1' and now() >= expires_date and expires_date > 0"

Of course, I can access the database, and osc1 DOES have a "featured" table. (I am assuming the table should be named "featured" & not "table_featured")

And yes, I did run the sql query script per instructions at the end, after importing the table.

If I am able to get some help, that would be fantastic! If can provide further information to allow you to help me, please let me know what that would be...

Thanks in advance!