• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Featured Products for v2.3.x

This is the official support thread for Featured Products v2.3.x for use with osCommerce version 2.3.x

Please post all questions here about this revised version. I will not be monitoring the Support Thread of version 1.6.3.

Please download the .zip here:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7832

Edited by Jan Zonjee

Just installed featured products and I'm getting a SQL error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-0, MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS' at line 6

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, p.products_date_added, m.manufacturers_name from products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join products_description pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id left join featured f on p.products_id = f.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and f.status = '1' order by p.products_date_added DESC, pd.products_name limit -0, MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS

Also, there's no listing for Featured under admin/configuration after the install.

Any ideas on what I may have done wrong?

Hi Ben,

Featured products should appear twice in your admin area. Once under configuration, which allows you to enable/disable the contribution and some other options and once under Catalog, where you select the products you wish to feature.

If you are not seeing these admin options, then you have not run the SQL statement properly. Use phpmyadmin to run the statement under the SQL tab.

Chris

Ok. I had a configuration entry with an id of 18 already so I changed it to 31 and all that looks fine. It's in both places in the admin panel now.

EDIT: and the rest works! Thank you very much!

Edited by BenjaminJ.Gremillion

Chris, I have this installed and it's working fine. Thank you for taking the time to modify this for 2.3.1.

SK

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

I already set Display Sub Cat when displaying featured products. But it still in front page only display all the products without SUb Categories title in it.

I thought it will be

Sub Category Title 1 : Products1,

Products2, and so on

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi i have just installed this contribution...

There is one instruction i cannot follow

==============================

Step 5:

Edit the file /catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php:

Find:

array(

'code' => FILENAME_SPECIALS,

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS)

),

Add After:

// BOF: Featured Products

array(

'code' => FILENAME_FEATURED,

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_FEATURED_PRODUCTS,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_FEATURED)

),

// EOF: Featured Products

======================================

In my /catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php there is no

array(

'code' => FILENAME_SPECIALS,

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS)

The page is displayed as

=====================================

<!-- catalog //-->

<tr>

<td>

<?php

$heading = array();

$contents = array();

$heading[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_CATALOG,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'selected_box=catalog'));

if ($selected_box == 'catalog') {

$contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_MULTI, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_MULTI . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FEATURED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_FEATURED_PRODUCTS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a>');

}

$box = new box;

echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents);

?>

</td>

</tr>

<!-- catalog_eof //-->

==================================================

Can anyone help.... and advise why i can't follow that step..

Many Thanks in advance...

• 1 month later...

Hi,

just installed, everything fine just one little thing regarding multilanguage support categoy names:

changed in catalog/includes/modules/featured.php

line 15 from:

$cat_name_query = tep_db_query('SELECT `categories_name` FROM ' . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " WHERE `categories_id` = '" . $featured_products_category_id . "' limit 1");

to:

$cat_name_query = tep_db_query('SELECT `categories_name` FROM ' . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " WHERE  `language_id` = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' AND `categories_id` = '" . $featured_products_category_id . "' limit 1");

best regards

beerbee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay folks, I have just added this contribution and it is great. All is working - Special thank you to those that created and contributed to it - Great Job. To see mine it is www.nontando.com

There are 3 things that I would additionally like to do:

1. How can add my specials (at its special prices) to the featured products, and it displays the special prices. I just added 2 items that fall under that category and it displays the original price. I know there is an option for specials in config, but that only will allow me to display items on special (it still displays the original price)and not other featured items not on special?

2. I would like to beautify the featured products box a bit (similar to the way the new products worked), i.e. change font, perhaps a border/box, etc. How would I do this.

3. One of the main reasons I added this contr, is the ability to have featured products selected and displayed for specific holidays, etc. Hence, i would like to be able to change the heading that currently says "Featured Products" to the applicable occasion, e.g. "Gift Ideas for Fathers Day". I know I can probably hard code it in index.php - just wondering if was a way without changing this file.

Thank so much, Gary

I've installed Featured Products and want to use the Column Box but for some reason it's not picking up the style like the other boxes do automatically. (other Boxes not included in template work fine when I enable/disable.) see my site here

AND it's linking to /featured.php instead of /featured_products.php and goes no where? Or is that correct and it was missing in my download? I thought maybe changing Step 7 in instructions for Box to featured_products.php but that didn't work?

I am using a template and have added featured_products to the vars_map.php file, but that didn't seem to do anything either.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I've installed Featured Products and want to use the Column Box but for some reason it's not picking up the style like the other boxes do automatically. (other Boxes not included in template work fine when I enable/disable.) see my site here

AND it's linking to /featured.php instead of /featured_products.php and goes no where? Or is that correct and it was missing in my download? I thought maybe changing Step 7 in instructions for Box to featured_products.php but that didn't work?

I am using a template and have added featured_products to the vars_map.php file, but that didn't seem to do anything either.

Well, I've made good progress (I think) ... I have changed/added the div class(s) in the includes/modules/boxes/bm_featured.php file and changed the tep_href_link(FILENAME_FEATURED) to tep_href_link(FILENAME_FEATURED_PRODUCTS) so it links correctly.

Haven't tried if the carousel rotating featured products will work yet but will give it a shot. If there is a more proper way to correct/modify would love to know, should I add other mod/boxes in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

2 Questions.

1. How do I order the Featured Products listing by Price Ascending? (Feature suggestion for future: Custom order in admin would be great)

2. How can I style the Featured Products table to look like the one used on category listing pages (as well as other places on the site) ? (eg. http://demo.oscommerce.com/index.php?cPath=3_14 ---> the table in the middle.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks! :)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I installed the contribution as described, and I have a few problems.

1. At the step 13, I found only one instance of include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); instead of two I was supposed to.

2. I didn't understand the step 14, I don't have the option "column box" in admin/modules/boxes.

3. The featured appears in "configuration", but not in "catalog". Instead, I have " BOX_CATALOG_FEATURED_PRODUCTS ", and when I click on it, I get this:

"1146 - La table 'lejoaillier.table_featured' n'existe pas (means don't exist).

select count(*) as total from products p, TABLE_FEATURED s, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = s.products_id"

Thank you for your help.

Edited by AlainBensimon

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm encountering a small problem on admin/featured.php?page=1&action=new the calendar on Expiry Date: field not showing, instead I get an error like this on my

firebug "calSwapImg is not defined calSwapImg("BTN_date", "img_Date_OVER", true); ".

any idea?

thanks you

Hi,

I'm encountering a small problem on admin/featured.php?page=1&action=new the calendar on Expiry Date: field not showing, instead I get an error like this on my

firebug "calSwapImg is not defined calSwapImg("BTN_date", "img_Date_OVER", true); ".

any idea?

thanks you

I think are some part of the code to be change on expiry date to work on osC 2.3.1

Find this

<?php echo tep_draw_input_field('day', substr($sInfo->expires_date, 8, 2), 'size="2" maxlength="2" class="cal-TextBox"') . tep_draw_input_field('month', substr($sInfo->expires_date, 5, 2), 'size="2" maxlength="2" class="cal-TextBox"') . tep_draw_input_field('year', substr($sInfo->expires_date, 0, 4), 'size="4" maxlength="4" class="cal-TextBox"'); ?><a class="so-BtnLink" href="javascript:calClick();return false;" onMouseOver="calSwapImg('BTN_date', 'img_Date_OVER',true);" onMouseOut="calSwapImg('BTN_date', 'img_Date_UP',true);" onClick="calSwapImg('BTN_date', 'img_Date_DOWN');showCalendar('new_feature','dteWhen','BTN_date');return false;"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'cal_date_up.gif', 'Calendar', '22', '17', 'align="absmiddle" name="BTN_date"'); ?>

replace this

<?php echo tep_draw_input_field('expires_date', (tep_not_null($sInfo->expires_date) ? substr($sInfo->expires_date, 0, 4) . '-' . substr($sInfo->expires_date, 5, 2) . '-' . substr($sInfo->expires_date, 8, 2) : ''), 'id="expires_date"') . ' <small>(YYYY-MM-DD)</small>'; ?>

Find line

if ($_POST['day'] && $_POST['month'] && $_POST['year']) {
       $expires_date = $_POST['year'];
       $expires_date .= (strlen($_POST['month']) == 1) ? '0' . $_POST['month'] : $_POST['month'];
       $expires_date .= (strlen($_POST['day']) == 1) ? '0' . $_POST['day'] : $_POST['day'];
     }

Replace this

if($_POST['expires_date']){ 
	$expires_date = $_POST['expires_date'];
}

Add this line

<script type="text/javascript">
$('#expires_date').datepicker({
 dateFormat: 'yy-mm-dd'
});
</script>

• 2 weeks later...

I think are some part of the code to be change on expiry date to work on osC 2.3.1

Find this

<?php echo tep_draw_input_field('day', substr($sInfo->expires_date, 8, 2), 'size="2" maxlength="2" class="cal-TextBox"') . tep_draw_input_field('month', substr($sInfo->expires_date, 5, 2), 'size="2" maxlength="2" class="cal-TextBox"') . tep_draw_input_field('year', substr($sInfo->expires_date, 0, 4), 'size="4" maxlength="4" class="cal-TextBox"'); ?><a class="so-BtnLink" href="javascript:calClick();return false;" onMouseOver="calSwapImg('BTN_date', 'img_Date_OVER',true);" onMouseOut="calSwapImg('BTN_date', 'img_Date_UP',true);" onClick="calSwapImg('BTN_date', 'img_Date_DOWN');showCalendar('new_feature','dteWhen','BTN_date');return false;"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'cal_date_up.gif', 'Calendar', '22', '17', 'align="absmiddle" name="BTN_date"'); ?>

replace this

<?php echo tep_draw_input_field('expires_date', (tep_not_null($sInfo->expires_date) ? substr($sInfo->expires_date, 0, 4) . '-' . substr($sInfo->expires_date, 5, 2) . '-' . substr($sInfo->expires_date, 8, 2) : ''), 'id="expires_date"') . ' <small>(YYYY-MM-DD)</small>'; ?>

Find line

if ($_POST['day'] && $_POST['month'] && $_POST['year']) {
       $expires_date = $_POST['year'];
       $expires_date .= (strlen($_POST['month']) == 1) ? '0' . $_POST['month'] : $_POST['month'];
       $expires_date .= (strlen($_POST['day']) == 1) ? '0' . $_POST['day'] : $_POST['day'];
     }

Replace this

if($_POST['expires_date']){ 
	$expires_date = $_POST['expires_date'];
}

Add this line

<script type="text/javascript">
$('#expires_date').datepicker({
 dateFormat: 'yy-mm-dd'
});
</script>

does not work... the calendar is show but does not save the date