• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

960 grid question

warrenerjm

Hi

I am trying to line everything up & it isn't working as I would think from reading various tutorials?

My header is split into three.

Logo (grid_6 alpha)- space to be filled later(grid_6) - cart (grid_6 omega)

headerMenu (Grid_24)

This makes the right not line up? Somewhere I read that grid_24 was 950 & not 960. Is this what I am seeing & how do I correct it please?

<div id="header" class="grid_24">
 <div class="grid_12 alpha"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'store_logo.png', STORE_NAME) . '</a>'; ?></div>

<div class="grid_6"> </div>  

<div class="grid_6 omega">

<div class="headercartContents">

basket_right.gif

I also read that if you have a grid_24 or anything crossing one side of a grid to the other it needs to have the alpha & omega added, but this puts the left side out of line?

This must be all to do with the white areas of the columns 5px either side, but how do I work with these to line the edges up please?

<div class="grid_24 alpha omega headerMenu">

left_headermenu.gif

<div class="grid_24 headerMenu">

lines up with the column headers nicely.

Thanks

There are 3 simple 960 grid tutorials HERE that might well answer your questions

My store is currently running Phoenix 1.0.3.0

I'm currently working on 1.0.7.2 and hope to get it live before 1.0.8.0 arrives (maybe 🙄 )

I used to have a list of add-ons here but I've found that with the ones that supporters of Phoenix get any other add-ons are not really neccessary

I fixed it. I had the image box at 240px because I thought there was a 5px either side of the grid_6, but it looks like the 5px on the left & right of a grid_24 isn't counted? Equalling 950 & not 960.

Clear as mud! :lol:

Archived